Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Security Issues...........

tMP Senior Friend
    Should have added: Windows XP Professional ver 5.1 build 2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158 Service Pack 2MacAfee Virusscan Enterprise failed to pick this up.

It's smart. I'll give it that. It delivers the Fake Hrad disk error Windows Security Alert.
    I know what I'm now doing all evening.

As the rolling adverts have been removed, this rules them out as the source.

Yep I am now getting the Orange - known nusiance warning instead of red. Apart from one works computer, home and other work ok. Though this afternoon 2 friends - have had the same hard disk "wiping" notifications but the files were still there just been hidden - that was Michelle and Lisa who used to be on here a lot. Not now though.
    Mr Francis Hargate
    EEb Bass - Dronfield Genquip Band
    www.dronfieldband.co.uk

tMP Senior Friend
    3 1/ hours later and the virus at least is removed. However, desktop icons not visible with no right click available on desktop to play with properties. Anyone had to fix that one? (The desktop files are all there in the desktop folder under the user folder - they simply won't display). I've checked all group policies, un-hidden everything that appears to have been hidden but must be missing something. Any clues anyone?

I occasionally get a message from my Sophos software when I arrive at the tmp website telling me of a threat, and that it has been moved to the quarantine area. However, when I look in the quarantine area, there is nothing there. ???
    Jim Yelland
    Hinckley

tMP Posting Freak!!! MoominDave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauli Walnuts View Post
    As the rolling adverts have been removed, this rules them out as the source.
    Unless things are compromised in two different places...
    Dave Taylor
    Bass Trombone
    Kidlington

tMP Master Friend
    Ive not ever had a problem getting in here from work (no virus or attempted attacks) but my lap top at home (with the same anti virus) will not let me access the site ! why ?

Different versions of the same anti-virus software I guess?

I tried the site via IE8 instead of Firefox, got this error:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; AskTbFXTV5/5.9.1.14019)
    Timestamp: Tue, 10 May 2011 16:47:08 UTC

Line: 1
    Char: 1
    Code: 0
    URI: http://ads.shoppingads.com/pagead/show_sa_ads.js

Also blocks cookies from www.lylyc.com and api.twitter.com/1/statuses/therealTMP.........etc

Not sure if that's helpful or not!
    Cenosillicaphobic undergoing treatment

Andy Pullin
    Principal Cornet, Eccleston Band.
    http://www.ecclestonbrass.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by andyp View Post
    Different versions of the same anti-virus software I guess?

I tried the site via IE8 instead of Firefox, got this error:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; AskTbFXTV5/5.9.1.14019)
    Timestamp: Tue, 10 May 2011 16:47:08 UTC

Line: 1
    Char: 1
    Code: 0
    URI: http://ads.shoppingads.com/pagead/show_sa_ads.js

Also blocks cookies from www.lylyc.com and api.twitter.com/1/statuses/therealTMP.........etc

Not sure if that's helpful or not!
    Hi Andy - which page on tMP was this taken from please? If you can please, I need the specific page. I can then check the code to see what it is. Ta.

Hi John - was on the homepage www.themouthpiece.com. (as it's one mentioned in that Norton report thing)
    Now using an old laptop someone gave me cos the screens smashed (so if it should b0rk, doesn't matter as it needs wiping anyway!), Ie8 on XP SP3, refresh after refresh on the homepage, nothing unusual happening. Get same page error etc as above though.
    Last edited by andyp; 10.05.2011 at 20:04.

Andy Pullin

its still flagging up on my home pc as soon as I come onto tMP.
    Don't know if this helps, but according my Norton info the source address is 129.121.128.110 - same one that was identified a few pages ago.
    Alex

tMP Senior Friend
    My attack at work was on entering the tMp homepage - pretty quick too.

I don't think Norton have updated their SafeSearch thingy yet - it's pretty far from instant on updates of sites that are "less popular" (whatever that means, it's pretty vague on definitions).
    If you try 129.121.128.110 (some arabic blog site) in the SafeSearch it also flags as caution, potential download threat.
    Had a google on "drive-by download" last night, pretty complex stuff. Randomness isn't the half of it.

Andy Pullin

Quote Originally Posted by MoominDave View Post
    Carina, did you have the problem on Saturday before or after half past 1, when John posted above that he'd disabled the rotating banner?
    It was at approx 10.30 when it happened so definately before John disabled the banner
    Carina Halliwell

tMP Senior Friend
    As a result of the virus infection I suffered earlier this week, I have requested help on how we osiloate the cause of this from a former colleague who is a major player in the anti-virus world. I'll post his comments once i have them.

I updated my Norton to Norton 360 earlier today and it bought up the "Norton has blocked an attack on your computer" message again... but this time it identified "searchbowl.org" as being the culprit of the attack. Hopefully this information will be something for the mods to look into.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast