Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4 Bars Rest, do they care? I think not.

W.Yorks where men are men and sheep are nervous.

4 Bars Rest, do they care? I think not.

I am intrigued, for the passed few weeks we have had the Area Contests and not one interview has been posted on $ bars rest, Oh sorry that should be 4 bars rest.

However, now that Wales has been completed I wonder how long it will be before the interview with Cory, Tredegar etc will appear?

How long will it be before all areas were considered the same. After all they could not even be bothered visiting the Ballroom at the Winter Gardens, except for the results.

How sad is that. Good old Malcolm Wood, ................................... who?
    Hugh Jampton.
    Giants will Rule eventually.
    'If the world had piles they would all be in Leeds' said the Bradford lad before they wired his jaw.
    Its a funny shape ball game thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Metoo View Post
    I am intrigued, for the passed few weeks we have had the Area Contests and not one interview has been posted on $ bars rest, Oh sorry that should be 4 bars rest.

However, now that Wales has been completed I wonder how long it will be before the interview with Cory, Tredegar etc will appear?

How long will it be before all areas were considered the same. After all they could not even be bothered visiting the Ballroom at the Winter Gardens, except for the results.

How sad is that. Good old Malcolm Wood, ................................... who?
    Don't bother reading it then.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyCollin View Post
    Don't bother reading it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Metoo View Post

They are busy and have alot to get through, all this hassle for the movement and it cost the user nowt. I wonder why they bother...............
    Stella Johnson
    Ex Player

tMP Friend in Training Mattytheshark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StellaJohnson View Post
    They are busy and have alot to get through, all this hassle for the movement and it cost the user nowt. I wonder why they bother...............
    Absolutely!

Stop bashing the lads at 4bars or alternitavely start your own free website which serves the banding community as faithfully as they do.see how you get on with it!
    Matt Haworth
    Trombone, Darwen Brass

tMP Senior Friend
    Normally it's people complaining about too much bias and interviews with Welsh bands!

Quote Originally Posted by StellaJohnson View Post
    ......for the advertiser income and the opportunity to sell us CD`s and other banding stuff for a profit?
    Just a thought.
    `Unity Is Strength`

tMP Friend in Training NOLONGERCURIOUS's Avatar
    Here's a thought, why doesnt someone use some gumption and their own resources, before getting enough exposure to justify income streams, and set up a new brass band forum or news site , access free, other than in Wales?

Easy to knock people who have done it, not so easy to take the risk yourself methinks.

tMP Friend in Training NervyBsMD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattytheshark View Post
    Stop bashing the lads at 4bars or alternitavely start your own free website which serves the banding community as faithfully as they do.see how you get on with it!
    Well said.

Whilst I don't always agree with what 4BR writes, I do appreciate the value of the site to the banding world and I know that they work very hard to bring us a good resource.

And as for the comment from another poster about selling advertising, CDs etc. - they are a business and good luck to them. No-one is forced to buy from them. Making money is not a crime, as long as it is done legally.

Keep it up, 4BR, and don't let these negative comments put you off. There are far more of us that value you than don't.
    Will you please ask the trombonists to stop firing wads of paper at the tam-tam?

I have no pleasure in any man who despises music. It is no invention of ours: it is a gift of God. I place it next to theology. Satan hates music: he knows how it drives the evil spirit out of us.

The title to this thread asks "Do they care?" I would suggest that it's precisely because they do care that they do what they do. They can't be all things to all people and I, as with others who have commented, don't always agree with what they do or say, but I most certainly value the site. I hope that they're making enough money to at least make it worth their while because if they aren't then how long will it be around?
    "Live long and prosper" 4BarsRest (and of course tMP).

tMP Friend in Training
    Come on 4barsrest we know your busy boys lets see the retrospective comments about the 4th section for the Midlands...please

Quote Originally Posted by NervyBsMD View Post
    And as for the comment from another poster about selling advertising, CDs etc. - they are a business and good luck to them. No-one is forced to buy from them. Making money is not a crime, as long as it is done legally.
    My comment was in response to the poster who asked "why do they bother?", I was just trying to explain why they might thats all.
    4br on the whole 'add value' to our hobby, although I do remember fondly in the early days them being a tad more 'ballsy' in their observations on the banding scene, when they went all establishment and threw in with SP&S that was sadly lost,imo.
    `Unity Is Strength`

Quote Originally Posted by gaz50 View Post
    Come on 4barsrest we know your busy boys lets see the retrospective comments about the 4th section for the Midlands...please
    they are on now
    Mr Francis Hargate
    EEb Bass - Dronfield Genquip Band
    www.dronfieldband.co.uk

Anyone else getting this? 4 BARS REST SITE

500 - Internal server error.
    There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.
    Jason M Smith
    Currently Looking for Opportunities

tMP Posting Freak!!! DublinBass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    Anyone else getting this? 4 BARS REST SITE

500 - Internal server error.
    There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.
    Yes. For several days now.
    Eb Bass
    Dublin Community Bands
    http://www.facebook.com/DublinBands

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast