Thread: Has Bernie Ecclestone finally gone completely senile?

tMP Friend for Life Thirteen Ball's Avatar

Has Bernie Ecclestone finally gone completely senile?

Just read this article on the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/9412871.stm

It starts out, fairly sensibly, as a discussion about when to reschedule the cancelled Bahrain GP. However, not - if you will - the following paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by BBC Website View Post
    With the new season just three weeks away, Ecclestone has also proposed the introduction of a controversial computer-generated sprinkler system to spice up boring races with artificial rain.

"I'm happy to make it happen," he insisted. "I've got to get everyone to fall into line. My idea is that we should make a programme but that nobody knows exactly which one will be used.

"At some time during the race it will be raining, maybe rain more than once. It's a bit more than a sprinkler system.
    Now I'm all for livening up a dull race but....erm.... WHAT?!?!

When I consider some of the horrible crashes I've seen in motor racing due to sudden wet weather or mixed track conditions, this really does strike me as very epitome of supidity.
    Last edited by Thirteen Ball; 03.03.2011 at 15:12.
    Andi Cook: BBb Bass - Hebden Bridge
    Composer in Residence - Skelmanthorpe

Find me at www.penninemusic.com and www.kirkleesmusic.co.uk
    Got a piece you want arranging? Email thirteen_ball_music@yahoo.co.uk or tweet @13BallMusic to discuss...

Anything to spice up what is really a very dull sport. I used to love F1 and go to alot of the races.
    Stella Johnson
    Ex Player

tMP Friend for Life Thirteen Ball's Avatar
    Yeah.... I'm sure Niki Lauda's crash at the Nurburgring, caused by a sudden shower of rain, was very exciting.

Just one minor detail. It did very nearly kill him.....

(Edit - just looked it up and it was actually a suspected suspension failure on a damp track - either way, the water didn't help)
    Last edited by Thirteen Ball; 03.03.2011 at 15:25.
    Andi Cook: BBb Bass - Hebden Bridge
    Composer in Residence - Skelmanthorpe

Find me at www.penninemusic.com and www.kirkleesmusic.co.uk
    Got a piece you want arranging? Email thirteen_ball_music@yahoo.co.uk or tweet @13BallMusic to discuss...

It was a long time ago, and since the Aryton Senna incident, the sport has become much safer and they are paid a hell of alot to take the risk. Safety has become more paramount, although some tracks like montreal and monaco are a little dodgy. Crash and your out!

All we need now, is a few traffic lights, old ladies crossing the road, fairy liquid on the track etc and anyone can win instead of fuel stratagies or who has the best car. Looks like an exciting season to come!
    Stella Johnson
    Ex Player

Tmp Author/Rodin Award 07 nook1938's Avatar
    Bernie Ecclestone, I am sure, will have the same condition that I have, but I cannot remember what it is.

John
    tMP RODIN AWARD and the tMP AUTHOR AWARDS 2007 for the Most Provoking Thread " All Important Word in Banding" "Commitment"