Thread: Glynn Parry Hammonds Sauce Works Band

tMP Newbie

Glynn Parry Hammonds Sauce Works Band

Hi all,

Haven't posted before, so apologies if this is in the wrong place or otherwise out of order.

I'm copying some of my old vinyl LPs onto CD and came across a record of Hammonds Sauce Works Band with a version of Carnival of Venice ( the Rimmington variations, not Arban) played on euph by Glynn Parry. It's some of the most exquisite euph playing I've heard - lovely golden singing tone, relaxed style, brilliant technique but always musical. I haven't heard of Glynn Parry elsewhere - does anyone know any more about him? And did he record anything else? The record dates from the early seventies - I'm not sure if that makes him "historical" (if it does, I'm history too!) but I didn't know where else to put this query. I hope someone can help.

tMP Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by euphfiend View Post
    Hi all,

Haven't posted before, so apologies if this is in the wrong place or otherwise out of order.

I'm copying some of my old vinyl LPs onto CD and came across a record of Hammonds Sauce Works Band with a version of Carnival of Venice ( the Rimmington variations, not Arban) played on euph by Glynn Parry. It's some of the most exquisite euph playing I've heard - lovely golden singing tone, relaxed style, brilliant technique but always musical. I haven't heard of Glynn Parry elsewhere - does anyone know any more about him? And did he record anything else? The record dates from the early seventies - I'm not sure if that makes him "historical" (if it does, I'm history too!) but I didn't know where else to put this query. I hope someone can help.
    Hi - A list of all Euphonium solo recordings on LP by Glynn Parry can be found on the following link: -

http://www.euphonium.webspace.virgin...om/Solos.htm#p

Hope this is helpful

Keith Quinn