Thread: Foden's Band awarded British Bandsman CD of the Year for 3rd year in a row

tMP Prime Friend WorldofBrass.com's Avatar

Foden's Band awarded British Bandsman CD of the Year for 3rd year in a row

For the third year in succession, Foden's Band has lifted the title of British Bandsman CD of the Year.
    A World Within follows in the footsteps of Maestro in 2009 and New Music for Brass Band in 2008.

Speaking on hearing the news, the band's principal cornet player, Mark Wilkinson, commented; "The band is honoured to have won this award. We are very fortunate to have a Composer-in-Residence of the quality of Andy Scott who has brought a new dimension to brass band writing. The band has a close working relationship with Andy which has produced a number of exciting commissions, with further new works planned. Foden's is very keen to promote 'new' music, which has been proven by the band winning this prestigious award for the third year running, all of which have featured new and exciting repertoire".

Andy Scott, the featured composer on the winning disc, added; "I am so proud that Foden's Band and I have received this prestigious award! It is a real honour to be able to collaborate with such an outstanding collective of musicians and personalities. A World Within took a huge amount of time and effort from all concerned and I would like to thank Foden's Band, Michael Fowles, Bramwell Tovey, Peter Fletcher, James Fieldhouse, Adam Goldsmith, Brian Hillson, Nicki Seager and World of Brass ".

Thanks for that!
    Fiona Rolfe