Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bandroom design...

tMP Friend in Training

Bandroom design...

I came across a website that allows you to design your own floor plan for buildings, it got quite adictive and I found myself designing my ideal band room. It was actually quite difficult to get a balance of storage space, at least 6 tuition rooms for the Academy, kitchen, bar and pool table! My finished design can be found here - bandroom

Ok, so I've used a radiator for a glock, a piano for the xylophone, an easel for the concert bass drum, a mirror for the tam tam and trampolines for the timps but it gives an idea.

The car parked in the garage at the rear of the building actually represents the bands trailer for carrying kit around, it can be loaded through the double doors without going outside!

What I couldn't get on the plan was some form of movable partitioning between the practice room and the 'relaxation area'. Ideally, this could be moved and the area can be cleared back for concerts with the pool table pushed into the room adjacent again through bi-fold doors.

Although this was done just for fun it is based on a plot of land that the band owns and is something that has been talked about for years.

I'd be very interested in what you would do, have I missed anything? Measurements have been guessed as far as how much room the band needs but I think it's about right.

Will apologise now for all the time you will waste over the weekend designing your own bandroom

tMP Prime Friend
    Clicked on the link to look at your design but all I get is a blue screen with a banner that sys "ground floor"....

Oh flash where art thou!
    Rob Hibberd
    Bass Trombone
    Yorkshire Imps

looks really nice, although one of the tuiton rooms doesn't seem to have a door
    will the percussion be left in the band room all the time, or can it be stored in one of the rooms? To load the percussion, it now has to be taken through the library room. Doesn't seem very practical to me.
    And maybe an easier way to get behind the bar, instead of through two rooms?

tMP Friend in Training
    You're right, a door has been lost there! Bar? who mentioned bar... no funding for bar's just a serving hatch for cream teas

Would need access though... thanks

tMP Friend in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan H View Post
    looks really nice, although one of the tuiton rooms doesn't seem to have a door
    will the percussion be left in the band room all the time, or can it be stored in one of the rooms? To load the percussion, it now has to be taken through the library room. Doesn't seem very practical to me.
    And maybe an easier way to get behind the bar, instead of through two rooms?
    Percussion should go straight out through the doors behind it, not through the library. It would remain where it is most of the time but if needed could be pushed back into any of the rooms behind it.

tMP Friend in Training
    Haha! I love it! Good work! All you need now is 200k to build it!
    Will Earl

Quote Originally Posted by lannerfalcon View Post
    You're right, a door has been lost there! Bar? who mentioned bar... no funding for bar's just a serving hatch for cream teas
    A bar can also be used to serve coffee or tea
    anyway, I thought a bar would be an essential part for each band room. It certainly is in ours

tMP Friend in Training
    Fourteen months on and we've finally launched our new bandroom project. Many hours of meetings and consultations have taken place and what was just an idea back then is now moving towards reality.

Still a great deal of work to do before we can even think about laying the first brick mind... you can keep up to date on the progression of the project here.

If anyone has had experience of a similar project and would be willing to give us any tips it'll be most appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by lannerfalcon View Post
    Fourteen months on and we've finally launched our new bandroom project. Many hours of meetings and consultations have taken place and what was just an idea back then is now moving towards reality.

Still a great deal of work to do before we can even think about laying the first brick mind... you can keep up to date on the progression of the project here.

If anyone has had experience of a similar project and would be willing to give us any tips it'll be most appreciated!

Not personally, but I do know that Bideford Town Band have very recently opened their own new Bandroom.

Contact them via their website they might have some useful tips: http://www.bidefordtownband.co.uk/
    Pete:
    Rochdale Salvation Army Band - Solo Horn,
    SA CN Divisional Band - 1st Horn
    Available for Depping (I'm Cheap me - I play for free) .

tMP Friend in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by wilearl View Post
    Haha! I love it! Good work! All you need now is 200k to build it!
    18 months ago this was just a dream, can't believe Friday 13th and we get the news we've been waiting for. We're still not quite ready for a full press release but check out the project Facebook page. Dreams can become reality...

tMP Friend in Training
    looks great!
    Luke Dempsey

tMP Friend in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornet Luke View Post
    looks great!
    I'm sure it will be, also sure that this is just the beginning; we'll be project managing the build ourselves so a good 8 to 10 months of hard work ahead of us. We will be keeping the project Facebook page up to date tracking the trials and tribulations as the project progresses.

Need to start thinking about the opening event now

tMP Friend in Training
    All the pieces of this massive jigsaw are now falling into place; this week will see work start on site!

The band would like to thank all the members of the development team for their continued hard work and enthusiasm on the project.

Keep up to date on the Bands dedicated Project Facebook page.

Going back to your original post, You mentioned a bar in the first paragraph, so poor old Jan was not going mad.
    Blow in the little end. Noise comes out the Big end.
    Simples !

Better to be a Has Been, than a Never Was!

tMP Friend in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
    Going back to your original post, You mentioned a bar in the first paragraph, so poor old Jan was not going mad.
    I noticed that this morning when I revisited this thread, apologies Jan!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast