Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Bass Gig Bag with wheels?

  1. #1
    tMP Master Friend Despot's Avatar
    Join Date
    28.05.2003
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    699

    Bass Gig Bag with wheels?

    Hi All,

    By any chance is there such a thing on the market as a bass gig bag with wheels?
    Remember Leela, don't fire 'til you see the green of its tentacles…

  2. #2
    BBb Bass and Proud! Simes's Avatar
    Join Date
    18.06.2010
    Location
    Burbage, Leics
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Despot View Post
    Hi All,

    By any chance is there such a thing on the market as a bass gig bag with wheels?
    I've never seen one - although that doesn't mean there isn't one on the market! I'd have thought it would be tricky though as a gig bag doesn't have a rigid frame to attach the wheels to...

    Perhaps this could be a market opportunity for someone!
    The older I get, the better I was!

  3. #3
    tMP Prime Friend StellaJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.04.2008
    Location
    Huddersfield
    Posts
    1,436
    Time to go on Dragon den!
    Stella Johnson
    Ex Player

  4. #4
    BBb Bass and Proud! Simes's Avatar
    Join Date
    18.06.2010
    Location
    Burbage, Leics
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by StellaJohnson View Post
    Time to go on Dragon den!
    Tom and Will gig bag, lightweight velco-attatched T shaped collapsable frame to act as handle and axle for the wheels.

    Theo will invest...
    The older I get, the better I was!

  5. #5
    tMP Master Friend
    Join Date
    25.09.2006
    Location
    BARNSLEY SOUTH YORKS
    Posts
    618
    Place bass in gigbag,gigbag in shopping trolley...problem solved.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by STUART HAIGH View Post
    Place bass in gigbag,gigbag in shopping trolley...problem solved.
    or ...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tuba-wheelie.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	2151
    It's not how you play ... it's the way how you play it!

    tMP Banding Boffin Award 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, tMP Saddo Award 2007, tMP Best Picture Award 2008

    My Public Domain Arrangements

  7. #7
    tMP Friend in Training
    Join Date
    23.02.2006
    Location
    Wakefield
    Posts
    83
    I would have thought that a gig bag with wheels is called a hard case. Isnt the point of a gig bag so that you can carry it around on your back anyway?

  8. #8
    tMP Master Friend
    Join Date
    25.09.2006
    Location
    BARNSLEY SOUTH YORKS
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by defnotsimon View Post
    I would have thought that a gig bag with wheels is called a hard case. Isnt the point of a gig bag so that you can carry it around on your back anyway?
    I ve got a gigbag and found them useless...it kills you to sling it over your shoulder and walk with it..not bad just using the carry handles.

  9. #9
    tMP Master Friend on_castors's Avatar
    Join Date
    30.10.2006
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by STUART HAIGH View Post
    I ve got a gigbag and found them useless...it kills you to sling it over your shoulder and walk with it..not bad just using the carry handles.
    I have found that too, after playing cornet & using a gig bag most successfully, I found that when I returned to E flat Tuba it just doesn't work the same! : -(

  10. #10
    tMP Prime Friend iancwilx's Avatar
    Join Date
    30.01.2003
    Location
    Leeds - Yorkshire - UK
    Posts
    2,127
    Quote Originally Posted by STUART HAIGH View Post
    I ve got a gigbag and found them useless...it kills you to sling it over your shoulder and walk with it..not bad just using the carry handles.
    Totally agree - absolutely cr@p.
    Mind you mine came with the tuba and I reckon it's a cheap effort. I don't think it would save the instrument from taking dints etc.
    I've been trying to source a 2nd hand hard case with wheels but they are as rare as rocking horse doody !

    - Mr Wilx
    - Mr Wilx

  11. #11
    tMP Master Friend Despot's Avatar
    Join Date
    28.05.2003
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    699
    There we go....soft case with wheels.

    http://www.musical-bags.com/esp/prin...ra_ragtime_sib
    Remember Leela, don't fire 'til you see the green of its tentacles…

  12. #12
    tMP Senior Friend davethehorny's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.07.2005
    Location
    Forest of Dean
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by Despot View Post
    There we go....soft case with wheels.

    http://www.musical-bags.com/esp/prin...ra_ragtime_sib
    Has anyone bought one of these? If so what are they like and how much do they cost?
    Eb Bass (formerly Solo Horn, Euphonium, Solo Baritone, 2nd Cornet and anywhere else there is a gap)
    AW Parker (Drybrook) Band

  13. #13
    tMP Master Friend
    Join Date
    25.09.2006
    Location
    BARNSLEY SOUTH YORKS
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by iancwilx View Post
    Totally agree - absolutely cr@p.
    Mind you mine came with the tuba and I reckon it's a cheap effort. I don't think it would save the instrument from taking dints etc.
    I've been trying to source a 2nd hand hard case with wheels but they are as rare as rocking horse doody !

    - Mr Wilx
    Thought it was just me getting old......I can spend 12 hrs chucking steel about at work but can t carry a bb bass in a gigbag for long when it s slung over my shoulder !

  14. #14
    tMP Master Friend on_castors's Avatar
    Join Date
    30.10.2006
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by STUART HAIGH View Post
    Thought it was just me getting old......I can spend 12 hrs chucking steel about at work but can t carry a bb bass in a gigbag for long when it s slung over my shoulder !
    They just move your centre of gravity so far out from the body too, so not only does it feel heavier than you expect, you need to lean so far forward/to one side, instantly getting the feeling it is easier just to use the hard case, wheel it where possible and carry it where you can't!

  15. #15
    tMP Master Friend
    Join Date
    25.09.2006
    Location
    BARNSLEY SOUTH YORKS
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by on_castors View Post
    They just move your centre of gravity so far out from the body too, so not only does it feel heavier than you expect, you need to lean so far forward/to one side, instantly getting the feeling it is easier just to use the hard case, wheel it where possible and carry it where you can't!
    I agree...who wants to walk like QUASIMODO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •