View Poll Results: Would a regular band website review be of interest to you?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

58 86.57%
  • No

9 13.43%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Band website reviews

tMP Prime Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by DublinBass View Post
    Thanks Rob...that is one of the bits that needs to bit sorted out...I would be more concerned if it weren't a dead link and went to the homepage for Man City or summat
    Ha ha good point....I think IanPerks would be even MORE concerned about a link to man City
    Rob Hibberd
    Bass Trombone
    Yorkshire Imps

tMP Friend
    Hi All,

Besses Boys BAnd have just uploaded a brand new website, www.bessesboysband.com, have a look and let me know what you think.

Cheers

James
    James
    Musical Director Besses Boys Band www.bessesboysband.com
    Musical Director Stockport Schools Senior Brass Band www.ssbb.org

tMP Prime Friend
    I think that's an excellent site James. Lots of info, pics, detail....nice one!
    Rob Hibberd
    Bass Trombone
    Yorkshire Imps

tMP Friend in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Band_Beefcake View Post
    Besses Boys BAnd have just uploaded a brand new website, www.bessesboysband.com, have a look and let me know what you think.
    Flash menus don't work for me - I use Firefox with flash blocked to stop the pesky adverts, so I only saw the menus when I clicked on a "play" button. People with iPod or iPad can't get Flash even if they want it, so they'll never see the menu. The effects for the menus aren't that special - you could use ordinary images to produce the same look, and be far more accessible.
    KP

tMP Posting Freak!!! DublinBass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robhibberd29 View Post
    Are you already aware that the "events" tab doesn't work Pat?
    FYI...I think the "events" tab and all others work now (they'll say if something is coming soon)

tMP Friend in Training
    The Events menu item on dublinbands.com doesn't work for me (Firefox, IE8 ) - there's a trombone player's head in the way! Even though the image background is transparent, the image is still blocking mouse access to the menu item. You need to move the image down and out of the way (and chop him off more at the waist or make the page taller to fit the whole image in).
    KP

tMP Posting Freak!!! DublinBass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kp51 View Post
    The Events menu item on dublinbands.com doesn't work for me (Firefox, IE8 ) - there's a trombone player's head in the way! Even though the image background is transparent, the image is still blocking mouse access to the menu item. You need to move the image down and out of the way (and chop him off more at the waist or make the page taller to fit the whole image in).
    KP
    Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by DublinBass View Post
    Thanks for that.
    Same here chopped off too - but i would also recommend that you use PNG 8 graphic format for the images of the 'cut out people' to remove the jagged edges from them. By using PNG 8 you will make it work in older browsers too (such as IE6 - which some people still use) Set it to index transparency blending in with white.

alks

tMP Friend in Training
    I'll give the VBS Poynton Band website a plug.

I took over it and revamped it completely a few months back with a new design, new content, audio and nice gallery system. Built a CMS for it at the back end to make it easy to update as well.

Please have a look around a let me know what you think. Any ideas, suggestions etc will be gratefully received.

www.poyntonband.co.uk
    Adrian Horn

Find my arrangements at Pennine Music Publishing

Poynton Band

Great website 'TheFopp', nice to see one that's up to date! Say hi to Eddie & Jimmy, they used to play with Blackburn & Darwen.

Sue Speakman

http://www.blackburnanddarwenband.co.uk
    Sue Speakman

Blackburn & Darwen Band
    www.blackburnanddarwenband.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by TheFopp View Post

I took over it and revamped it completely a few months back with a new design, new content, audio and nice gallery system. Built a CMS for it at the back end to make it easy to update as well.

Please have a look around a let me know what you think. Any ideas, suggestions etc will be gratefully received.

www.poyntonband.co.uk
    Loved it. Very nice indeed, wish mine was as good.

Shame about the jackets though.
    Blow in the little end. Noise comes out the Big end.
    Simples !

Better to be a Has Been, than a Never Was!

tMP Friend in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapier View Post

Shame about the jackets though.

Quite! Apparently we will be getting new ones in the not too distant future
    Adrian Horn

Find my arrangements at Pennine Music Publishing

Quote Originally Posted by TheFopp View Post

www.poyntonband.co.uk
    looking at the main heading graphic and navigation...seams slightly unfinished with the abrupt ending of the image at the edges of the screen. Perhaps it could be blended into the background colour or shortened slightly to fit in the bounds of the white area of the page? or perhaps just set the main background colour to #000 (jet black) so you cant see the edges? Actually looking at it , i see that the navigation and heading blocks span the entire width of the page when zoomed out - personally I would make it a fixed width. Just a thought.

tMP Friend in Training
    The University of York Brass Band has just released it's brand new website!

More and more features are being added but please have a look and tell me what you think:

www.uybb.co.uk

Cheers
    Mark Wrightson

tMP Friend in Training

Thumbs up

UYBB: nice straightforward and informative site. I'd suggest you have a permanent News section rather than make one story a major menu item; and if you're going to repeat the posts in Players, set it out as name -> post rather than post -> name.
    KP

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast