Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Welsh Regional Championships - 2010

Formerly known as 'killenr' OneTonBass's Avatar
    Well done Ton. Fantastic result!

The results today have thrown up some interesting ups and downs today especially in championship and 4th section(if my calculations are correct)
    Champ: Penclawdd (25 points) + Newbridge,Burry Port & Cwmamman (all 22points) all go down
    1st: Markham (10 points) go up; Treherbert (26 points) go down
    2nd: Tylorstown (7 points) + Deiniolen (8.5 points ) go up; Ammanford (27.5 points) + Briton Ferry (25 points) go down.
    3rd: Llwydcoed (10.5 points) go up ; Porthaethwy Menai Bridge (23 points) go down
    4th: Upper Rhondda (12 points) + Melingriffith2, Pontypool,Newport,Crwbin (all 13 points) all go up

Again I suggest you rely on the official notification and subject to appeal etc..not on my say.

tMP Friend in Training
    Congrats to Wrexham Brass on a great performance, especially in the 2nd movement. HERE'S TO THE FINALS. Well done to the winners, Pontardulais.

tMP Master Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by dyl View Post
    What a day yesterday!!!! Set off from Deiniolen at 5am, bus broke down twice on the way down, we ended up having to get a replacement bus on the way. Cue frantic phone calss to contest control to inform them of our problems! In the end though, we managed to get to the draw just as the adjudicator was introducing himself!

Eventually, I thought the band played a blinder, and Gav our MD was extremely happy coming off stage (to say the least!). Very pleased to be going to Harrogate again, and well done Daniel for the best instrumentalist.

Shattered now though, having just arrived back, but what a weekend!!!
    Well done a great effort

tMP Newbie
    Is it really likely that 4 bands will be relegated from the championship section? If not how is it likely to be calculated, obviously Penclawdd will go down but how will the fate of Cwmaman Institute, Burry Port and Newbridge be decided? Cheers

Usually bands tied on points are separated on placings at the most recent contest.
    John J. Martin
    Webmaster
    http://www.lochgellyband.com

"The lead car is absolutely unique, except for the one behind it which is identical" - Murray Walker

tMP Newbie
    Thanks. Though does anyone know how many bands actually likely to relegated from the championship?? If its only 2 or 3 get relegated Cwmaman should be safe then

tMP Friend in Training Tongwynlais Band's Avatar
    Thanks Rich, realty good result and Performance. Can wait for the bands first appearance in the Champ Section in RAH. Up the Ton!!!!!

tMP Senior Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTonBass View Post
    The results today have thrown up some interesting ups and downs today especially in championship and 4th section(if my calculations are correct)
    Champ: Penclawdd (25 points) + Newbridge,Burry Port & Cwmamman (all 22points) all go down
    1st: Markham (10 points) go up; Treherbert (26 points) go down
    2nd: Tylorstown (7 points) + Deiniolen (8.5 points ) go up; Ammanford (27.5 points) + Briton Ferry (25 points) go down.
    3rd: Llwydcoed (10.5 points) go up ; Porthaethwy Menai Bridge (23 points) go down
    4th: Upper Rhondda (12 points) + Melingriffith2, Pontypool,Newport,Crwbin (all 13 points) all go up

Again I suggest you rely on the official notification and subject to appeal etc..not on my say.
    Interesting! 4 down in the Championship Section and 4 Up in the Fourth. Unless the committee are able to use some sort of discretion, which I doubt they will, then the promotions/relegations will be according to the rules. Hopefully there are non-competing bands who can be encouraged to have a go next year. the 3rd Section could do with a boost.

There were 4 new entries in the fourth section this year so I hope they will return too. There are not too many in the section as it is.

Incidentally, in the 1st section should it be Thomas Coaches Mid-Rhondda with 21 pts who are relegated. I think Trehebert last contested in 2007.
    Last edited by Al; 22.03.2010 at 04:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Incidentally, in the 1st section should it be Thomas Coaches Mid-Rhondda with 21 pts who are relegated. I think Trehebert last contested in 2007.
    Good point...checked rules and therefore corrected...
    1st: Markham (10 points) go up; Mid Rhondda(21 Points) go down; Treherbert (26 points) removed

For clarity regarding this the rules state:
    e)In the sections 1, 2, 3, 4, the bands with the two best aggregate placings over the previous three years will be promoted. In the case where two or more bands tie with equal first placing, then only these bands will be promoted. If two or more bands tie with equal second placing, then these bands, in addition to the first placed band, will be promoted.
    g) In the Championship, 1st , 2nd and 3rd sections, the two bands with the lowest aggregate placings over the last three years will be relegated. In the case where two or more bands tie with equal last placing, then only these bands will be relegated. If two or more bands tie with equal second to last placing, then these bands, in addition to the last placed band, will be relegated.
    n) Any band failing to compete for three consecutive years will be removed from the grading tables at the end of the third year, prior to the determination of promotion or relegation in that section. If such a band wishes to resume participation in the contest, it will be treated as a first time entry in accordance with Rule (i)

Rules available from http://www.nationalbrassbandchampionships.com/

Cheers

Rich

tMP Friend in Training tubaturk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyn James View Post
    YIPPEE!!! Albert Hall for Ton!
    Didn't hear Cory but Tred were something else!
    Congrats Al, Dave, Mog, Mart, Rob and everyone else at Ton. Nobody can say that this result hasn't been coming.

Enjoy it!

Don't know where we'll be next year, but I guess we might have have to try and "do a Ton" and bounce back up from First.

Cheers Gar,
    You did it at the Senior Cup, so why not?
    Best of Luck!!

tMP Senior Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTonBass View Post
    Good point...checked rules and therefore corrected...
    1st: Markham (10 points) go up; Mid Rhondda(21 Points) go down; Treherbert (26 points) removed

For clarity regarding this the rules state:
    e)In the sections 1, 2, 3, 4, the bands with the two best aggregate placings over the previous three years will be promoted. In the case where two or more bands tie with equal first placing, then only these bands will be promoted. If two or more bands tie with equal second placing, then these bands, in addition to the first placed band, will be promoted.
    g) In the Championship, 1st , 2nd and 3rd sections, the two bands with the lowest aggregate placings over the last three years will be relegated. In the case where two or more bands tie with equal last placing, then only these bands will be relegated. If two or more bands tie with equal second to last placing, then these bands, in addition to the last placed band, will be relegated.
    n) Any band failing to compete for three consecutive years will be removed from the grading tables at the end of the third year, prior to the determination of promotion or relegation in that section. If such a band wishes to resume participation in the contest, it will be treated as a first time entry in accordance with Rule (i)

Rules available from http://www.nationalbrassbandchampionships.com/

Cheers

Rich
    In the first section, Pontardulais came 1st pal.
    Ceri Parry Morgan
    Solo BBb Bass- Burry Port Town Band
    Solo BBb Bass- 2013 European Youth Brass Band

Cheers, all the best.
    all views are my own and not a reflection of any band/ensemble that I am a member of.

tMP Friend
    Had a fantastic weekend with Deiniolen which gave a brilliant performance on Saturday – a bit gutted we didn’t win but a huge congratulations to the band and my brother for picking up the best Instrumentalist in Section Two! =) – But bring on Harrogate! 3rd time lucky!?!? – After last year and 2005!

There’s also a new site from The Welsh Regional Council with the gradings and results - http://welshbrass.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by thatbassplayer View Post
    In the first section, Pontardulais came 1st pal.
    Congratulations on that.
    But why have you quoted OneTonBass? Have I missed something?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast