Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: North of England Regional Championships - 2009

I have recently recieved an email from a friend who has forwarded me some remarks from a MD friend of his. I understand that i may have said somethings out of order to some members of tmp. and for this i am deeply sorry. i said somethings about some of the bands who competed and im very sorry. i will however be continuing my views tmp for future forums. Maybe some others on this thread should consider saying sorry to other members. thank you.

Walter Boyle

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    You raised this same issue last year Lucian, remember, bands dont have a choice in which area they play in, and as far as the Northern area seen as an easy route to qualification,, well I dont agree with that , there are good bands and not so good bands in whatever area you happen to be competing in, furthermore, if the "Yorkshire" bands, to which you may be referring were to have their regions re assigned then the competing bands in the Northen area would be further reduced which would be a real shame.
    The band in which i play may reside in Yorkshire but believe me we are proud to compete in the North and were lucky enough to represent said North in the finals last year and once again this coming year, nothing would please me more than to win or be runners up to North Skelton in the finals this year as representatives for the North of England.

absolutely no offence intended
    Well said Killer, i agree 100% with your comments. As you know, we're in a similar (geographical) position to yourselves so are subject to the same implied critisism.
    I have to say though, it is in the main the YORKSHIRE bands who tend to accuse us (or me at least!) of taking an easy route to London (not that we have any choice which region we play in). I've never had anything other than genuine congratulations from those in the North so i applaud eveyone who wished us well . There was no moaning, no sour grapes, and we were even given a bottle of bubbly from a Reg Vardy Player! Fair play to them, they were amonst the first to shake our hands and i sincerely hope we both do well in London, and all other Northern Area bands (especially South Milford and Barton Bands) bring home some silver from Harrogate.
    Agent Orange
    Solo Euphonium.
    EYMS Band

Any ideas where I might find an up-to-date grading table. Area website still hasn't been updated. I could guess but I don't want to.

Thanks
    Paddy's Fantasy Brass Band League
    NEEDS YOU!!!
    Punt your way to the top

Grading tables won't be published until after the next AGM which is 5th October.
    Musical Director: Backworth Colliery Band

Thanks bc
    Paddy's Fantasy Brass Band League
    NEEDS YOU!!!
    Punt your way to the top

tMP Friend in Training theflyingscot's Avatar
    The site will be updated on Tuesday!!!!!!!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8