Thread: Award #18 - Bandsperson of the Year - tMP Service Award

Award #18 - Bandsperson of the Year - tMP Service Award

Award #18 - Bandsperson of the Year - tMP Service Award

Please nominate who - in your opinion - has been the 'Bandsperson of the Year' during the last 12 months.

Please ensure you make absolutely clear who you nominate and why. Please state the reasons why you are nominating this person - it may be that they've done an extraordinary amount of work for your local band and/or community, or it may be that they've undertaken a major project on behalf of your band. Please give as much information as you can as to why you are nominating this particular person - it can only help when it comes to voting! We need to be absolutely clear about your nomination and your reasons. We may also need to contact you or the person nominated to gather more information.

To make your nomination, please simply reply to this thread or to nominate anonymously simply PM any of the tMP team who will then add your nomination to the list.

Please read the tMP Awards Guidelines before making your nominations.

Thank you and happy nominating.

Remember : Nominations DO NOT require seconding!
    Midlands Regional Champions, 2nd Section - 2011

tMP Friend for Life Will the Sec's Avatar
    I nominate Tubah, for his immense efforts in helping out Soil Lover and Stockport Brass in trying circumstances.

This thread refers.
    Will Elsom

My Score Exchange Site

A man once accused of being able to write a melody...

A wise man once said, "Pointing out a fallacy in someone's argument is not the same as pedantically and persistently pushing it down someone's throat whilst completely ignoring other points that are made."

In a similar vein, I nominate Ian Burton, aka Ipswich Trom for his "above and beyond" in finding an available player to dep after a request was made for a player on tMP.

This thread refers.

tMP Friend for Life Anno Draconis's Avatar
    Does an nominee have to be a tMP member? I assume not, but I thought I'd check before I jump in!
    Andrew Baker

Quote Originally Posted by Anno Draconis View Post
    Does an nominee have to be a tMP member? I assume not, but I thought I'd check before I jump in!
    After a quick conflab, we've agreed that a nominee does NOT have to be a tMP member, to nominate away.

I nominate our Band President Tony Collins. He has worked tirelessly in securing a new home for our band. In 2001 the band decided to begin the steps to move out of our home on Georges Street, Drogheda (our home for almost 100 years) and now in 2008 the bandroom has been sold and we now hope to be in our new purpose built bandroom in June. So why am i nominating him. He has had to attend meeting after meeting with local council members, solicitors, estate agents and with the band itself. He has devoted over 50 years of his life to the band and this project is the biggest one the band has ever undertook and he has been the driving force behind it and without him this historic move would not be possible.
    Stephen Murray
    Principal Cornet Drogheda Brass Band

tMP Prime Friend
    retirement home in Yorks. for simple souls.
    I would like to nominate "Flugelman". Who due to a sad lack of bass players at Kippax (due in no small part to me and my sidekick Wilky retiring/jumping ship) made the glorious sacrifice of renouncing his small insignificant instrument and delve into the murky but fulfilling waters of "bassism".
    Dave has moved around the band previously to help the cause, but not on such a scale as this!
    Add to this Daves hard work keeping the website going strong and entertaining all in the changing facilities with his "humour" and lime green under kecks, and you will see what a worthy candidate we have.
    Keep up the good work Dave
    Mr B

I want to nominate Alan Edmond, who has shown great resolve since his appointment in his full-time role as Scottish Youth Development Officer. He works tirelessly to promote banding to the young people of Scotland, with background work securing resources so that local organisations can kickstart banding at grassroots.
    It's not how you play ... it's the way how you play it!

tMP Banding Boffin Award 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, tMP Saddo Award 2007, tMP Best Picture Award 2008

My Public Domain Arrangements

Somewhere between the gutter and the stars
    I'd like to nominate Peter Moore.

For his outstanding win in the young musician of the year competition. Which in turn will have raised the profile of banding for a short time at the very least.

tMP Friend for Life Will the Sec's Avatar
    Some excellent nominations this year.
    Will Elsom

My Score Exchange Site

A man once accused of being able to write a melody...

A wise man once said, "Pointing out a fallacy in someone's argument is not the same as pedantically and persistently pushing it down someone's throat whilst completely ignoring other points that are made."

Oh, here's some back-up why I feel Alan Edmond is worthy of the award ... The Scottish Region this year now has over 30 youth projects at various stages of development. An example is the entry for the Scottish Youth Championships where there are 21 bands competing in 4 sections including 6 in the brand new Novice section for kids aged 14 and under. The contest has grown at a fantastic rate, bearing in mind that it didn't take place after 1999 due to lack of interest and the fact that it was held in an old school gym hall. It started again in 2003 along with the Scottish Open and had 8 bands in 2005, then 11 last year and now 21 this year requiring a separate day just for youth in the prestigious Perth Concert Hall!! Not bad results for someone only recently appointed to the SBBA post, don't you think?
    It's not how you play ... it's the way how you play it!

tMP Banding Boffin Award 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, tMP Saddo Award 2007, tMP Best Picture Award 2008

My Public Domain Arrangements

tMP Friend in Training Lyndon Price's Avatar
    i would like to nominate Lucinda Gough principle of Bleanavon Town Band. She has exemplified the role of leader of the band this year. A typical example was leading up to a recent TV recording, she was involved in a serious car accident on the day of the recording, she carried out her duties to her normal exacting standards, led the band all whilst in extreme back and neck pain

Bravo Lucinda and thanks

Lyndon Price
    Last edited by Lyndon Price; 23.11.2008 at 13:08. Reason: **** typist

tMP Friend in Training
    I'd like to nominate robert birkett, who after 50 years at the parr band has had to take a sebatical due to health.
    I believe that he should get this award because of the all the hard work he has put in to keep the band going in trying times, he has taught a vast amount of youngsters to play (approixmately 50-70 in the past 8 years and has always kept their interest)
    Taking time out from playing :)

Thread locked: nominations have now closed.

Watch out for the chance to vote in the polls which will shortly be set up
    Peter Bale
    BBb bass, Hadleigh Temple Band
    Alto sax, Salvation Army Symphonic Wind Ensemble
    tMP band, Whit Friday 2004; tMP band, Hadleigh, April 2005