Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: National Finals 2008 - 4th Section Test Piece : Shipbuilders

tMP Prime Friend brassbandmaestro's Avatar
    MightyForester, I was straight to the point about what I said to them, re the 4th Section attitude. I never mince my words when something like that is concerned!!
    Timbeerland

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora771 View Post
    Masterblaster jnr, you play for Skelmanthorpe B? Some people in my band heard yours and thought you guys played very well. But I agree, I think that if your beginning isn't at a certain standard the adjudicators get all moody on you.

Hear Hear!

About the 4barsest coverage. It was very silly, and I'm not too happy with it either. What I was wondering was whether there was going to be a proper review? These were only live comments, so how is it suppose to be a detailed review? However, if this is the way they treat the 4th Section, do we really want their opinion?
    Yep - you'll see the 'contest retrospectives' appear a few days afterwards with some pictures, but don't expect to read a lot about your band if you weren't in the top 6 as they tend to get a bit "collective" in their comments after that.
    I've got the body of a god. (Shame it's Buddah).

Croft might have done better if some players had stopped at one drink on the Friday night.
    Timp roll or tam tam...as long as there is power in it going over the band into the audience.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5