Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Official tMP North West Regional 2008 thread

tMP Master Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by HBB View Post
    So unappropriate!
    Having covered both the first and seccond sections i thought the respect for the other bands was great and all though we all like to do well this backbiting does the bandsconcerned and more importantly the all band movement a diss service.Every band who competed in all the sections deserve to be respected by everyone.

tMP Friend in Training Playabit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by critic View Post
    Having covered both the first and seccond sections i thought the respect for the other bands was great and all though we all like to do well this backbiting does the bandsconcerned and more importantly the all band movement a diss service.Every band who competed in all the sections deserve to be respected by everyone.
    Well said critic...i have watched this thread since the contest in disbelief at how people seem to have forgot that it takes many bands to make the contest what was. And had the bands that came in or near the bottom not entered someone else wopuld have been there, take the bottom 13 bands from the 4th section and eh 10th place would have been last. All bands that competed did well on the day, its easy to say, "well someone said we deserved better" tyhe thing is this is said to all of us, no one ever comes and says "you played ****"....so we hav all had "you played well and deserved better". But it means Jack **** as it all depends on the man in the box.

A number of bands just to get there did well for one reason or another, so to all that did get there and play, congratulations from Parr 18th on the day but still drunk enough Beer in the bar afterwards that 18th didnt really matter, we went when we thought we may not go and look forward to next year, be happy and thankful that we all have a great hobby regardless of our section or playing abilities....

Also on the day due to sickness we had to borrow a percusionist all above board...he was only a young lad but played well and did us proud so a big thanks to him....

tMP Friend in Training
    I agree entirely. I hope a line can now be drawn under it, the area was just under a week ago but it feels like a blummin' lifetime.

Good luck to everyone involved at Tameside, and remember, we're all in the banding movement because we enjoy it, even if it doesn't feel like it sometimes..

Roll on Whit Friday!
    Out of banding, because I can't commit..

tMP Master Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Playabit View Post
    Well said critic...i have watched this thread since the contest in disbelief at how people seem to have forgot that it takes many bands to make the contest what was. And had the bands that came in or near the bottom not entered someone else wopuld have been there, take the bottom 13 bands from the 4th section and eh 10th place would have been last. All bands that competed did well on the day, its easy to say, "well someone said we deserved better" tyhe thing is this is said to all of us, no one ever comes and says "you played ****"....so we hav all had "you played well and deserved better". But it means Jack **** as it all depends on the man in the box.

A number of bands just to get there did well for one reason or another, so to all that did get there and play, congratulations from Parr 18th on the day but still drunk enough Beer in the bar afterwards that 18th didnt really matter, we went when we thought we may not go and look forward to next year, be happy and thankful that we all have a great hobby regardless of our section or playing abilities....

Also on the day due to sickness we had to borrow a percusionist all above board...he was only a young lad but played well and did us proud so a big thanks to him....
    Thanks playabit.As i said the atmosphere among the bands in the seccond and first section was very good and we dont always agree with the results if we express a honest opinion based on the music alone and not on other factors thats how it should be. i had a slightly different opinion about the first section but have total respect for the adjudicator whogave his own honest decision based on what he heard.The 4bars tetros are all honest opinions. ITSa great movement is ours and we should all work to keep it that way.Believe me it will not get any easier.

Somewhere between the gutter and the stars
    Quote Originally Posted by critic View Post
    Thanks playabit.As i said the atmosphere among the bands in the seccond and first section was very good and we dont always agree with the results if we express a honest opinion based on the music alone and not on other factors thats how it should be. i had a slightly different opinion about the first section but have total respect for the adjudicator whogave his own honest decision based on what he heard.The 4bars tetros are all honest opinions. ITSa great movement is ours and we should all work to keep it that way.Believe me it will not get any easier.
    I take it 4br have decided it's not worth publishing the top section retro..............

tMP Master Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayerd View Post
    I take it 4br have decided it's not worth publishing the top section retro..............
    The top section will be published as soon as possible the delay is down to unforseen circumstances.

Top sections retro is up now
    Nicola Rathburn
    1st horn Stockport Brass (formerly The BT Band)
    http://www.stockportbrass.co.uk/

tMP Senior Friend
    I watched Hawk Green Marple in the Opera House (Third Section)

Right in the middle of the performance the side doors were opened and people poured in. The adjudicator must have been distracted and wondered what the commotion was.

It certainly caught the attention of the audience and I wonder if anyone in the band noticed anything?

tMP Friend in Training
    ive read the retro, and this makes me seem even more dissapointed as it seems quite a few had us higher!! we just missed out on that spot!! Although i know it is down to the man in ths box before anyone says anything!!!

Did anyone hear a lot of the 1st section?
    Percussion, VBS Poynton

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15