Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official tMP West of England Regional 2008 thread

Smile

Well I`m looking foward to the contest, my first regional for a few years.
    James cook is a great piece for the band, lovely Vinter music.
    Maybe see a few people in the bar?.

[quote=Oaker;582331]Anyone have any thoughts on winning bands?? here are my top two in each section-

Champ- Polysteel, Camborne
    1st- Helston, St Dennis
    2nd- Camborne B, Pheonix Brass
    3rd- AW Parker, Hayle
    4th Bream, Swindon
    quote]

Thanks for the vote of confidence - it will be very interesting being on stage with a different Musical Director.

Our own Musical Director (Kevin White) is not available due to the impending birth (due on the contest day) of his and Jo's first child.

We are thrilled that Roger Phelps has stepped into the breach - coming out of retirement. We know we are in very capable hands and hoping to perform well under his baton.

We have a full band around the stand having registered a couple of players in the run up to the contest - mostly from our training band - and will take to the stage with a percussion section with an average age of only 12. Kathryn steps up to become principal percussionist at 14, while Matt (13) and Rebecca (11) make their contest debuts.

Lets hope we can produce a performance worthy of the vote of confidence.
    Eb Bass (formerly Solo Horn, Euphonium, Solo Baritone, 2nd Cornet and anywhere else there is a gap)
    AW Parker (Drybrook) Band

Good luck to all at Bream in the Fourth Section - it was great to dep for you at the GBBA contest a couple of weeks ago.

We look forward to having you up in the Third Section next year.
    Eb Bass (formerly Solo Horn, Euphonium, Solo Baritone, 2nd Cornet and anywhere else there is a gap)
    AW Parker (Drybrook) Band

Quote Originally Posted by davethehorny View Post
    Good luck to all at Bream in the Fourth Section - it was great to dep for you at the GBBA contest a couple of weeks ago.

We look forward to having you up in the Third Section next year.
    Thanks DaveTheBass
    Great to have your assistance at the GBBA. And good luck with Dark Side.
    HUW
    Flowers

Yes good luck to my old band Bream and also to Roger and Drybrook........good to see you back Rog!!

Talking

Of course Weenie your famous now, being on points west, good luck on finding a permenant bandroom.
    Are you going to go on stage as Elvis at Torquay?, a very fetching outfit at my Nieces party, check out Chalfords website for the picture!.

tMP Senior Friend
    Elvis you kept that quite weenie!!!

tMP Senior Friend snazzy_cornet_sound's Avatar
    Looking forward to the day out!! How is everyone getting on preparing?? we have had two fatalities within our ranks! One member ended up half way down a cliff after doing a charity skydive with me and the other one has broke his arm somehow!! they are both making a swift recovery though! Really enjoying the test piece, very tricky this year it takes a very quality band to pull this one off! Ball at his best.

tMP Friend in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BassBlaster View Post
    Of course Weenie your famous now, being on points west, good luck on finding a permenant bandroom.
    Are you going to go on stage as Elvis at Torquay?, a very fetching outfit at my Nieces party, check out Chalfords website for the picture!.
    Actually, the outfit at the party was Freddie Mercury!
    Andy Godwin

Red face

Ahhh, Freddy eh!, see I was sober and don`t know no better. Blummin heck Andy, your 50 AND you use the computer!!!!, Principle Cornet as well!!!.
    I may buy you a pint in Torquay, if you play your cadenza perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by snazzy_cornet_sound View Post
    Looking forward to the day out!! How is everyone getting on preparing?? we have had two fatalities within our ranks! One member ended up half way down a cliff after doing a charity skydive with me and the other one has broke his arm somehow!! they are both making a swift recovery though! Really enjoying the test piece, very tricky this year it takes a very quality band to pull this one off! Ball at his best.
    Blimey, recovering from fatalities??? They must be TRUE banders!

that's impressive!

Just to add to insult now our Flugel player has perforated his ear drum and might not be able to play!! Its really not our year this year!

whats all this talk about my party eh :P! weenie i thought ur freddie mercury costume was rather fethching HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAaa! But can i just say i thought u were even more good looking when u dressed up as a woman! HAHAH do u remember the bonnet :P? ? ? ? ? ? dont worry if u dont .. i have many pictures to remind you ! X X

does anyone know if any recordings are going to be made?! Been confirmed that I am now going to be playing flugel! And I havn't even mastered the cornet yet! just what you want a week and a half before the area! Oh well thats life....

Fatalities, Russians, Elvis and Freddy Mercury!!!!!

Well any way, all the best to every band performing next weekend, good to see Lanner back. See you all in the bar. Oh yes Weenie I have seen your ‘Freddy’ jacket and its very ‘nice’ the likeness is uncanny. Good luck Paul on Flugel

Cheers now

The Colonel

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast