Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: Official tMP Welsh Regional 2008 thread

Quote Originally Posted by andywooler View Post
    http://www.wormsheadbrass.com/Perfor...thanPippen.htm

"Jonathan is again involved in the brass band scene, currently playing Principal Trombone with Tredegar Band and as Musical Director with Pontypool band. "

That'll be a different Jonathan Pippen then
    Quote Originally Posted by JonP View Post
    Please read before you post. In didnt say it was not wrong, i said i was not in control of it and its not my site. For gods sake! Do you guys have to be so silly all the time. Grow up. TOPIC TOPIC TOPIC!!!
    If this thread is the Official tMP Welsh Regional 2008 thread, and Tredegar and Pontypool are in the 2008 Welsh Regionals, surely andywooler's post was on topic. Please note, I am not shouting, either.

tMP Senior Friend
    Of course people need to know finish times - the bands who come by coach need to know (you may not be familiar with the regulations for drivers hours). .
    Actually, as soon as the coach is parked up the drivers hours also stop until the engine is started again, (the new rules include a period of availability, but this would not count as the driver would set to break as he would not need to move the coach within 15 minutes and could be told by the band when they are drawn etc) and if thats more than 11 hours it counts as a new working day and the driver can do a whole other 9 hours, unless he is a way from base and the he can do 10. With at least 45 minutes break within the first 9 hours (this may be broken up but not into any less than 15 minute blocks) and another 45 minute break befor eth 10th hour.
    The 11 hour rest may also be reduced to 10m if the driver is away from base.

In other words its absolutely no problem. (Im pretty familiar with the taco rules).

The rest sounds a bit like excuses. An extra page or 6 in the programme cant be a real reason for not considering this. Surely.

A predraw (if needed) could be organised by letting the bands who are eligable for entry which draw they would be in. No actual confirmation of entry would be needed.

Why not at least attempt some improvements.
    Jonathan Pippen

Guys - as much as we seem to enjoy banter, please keep this thread on topic. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wherryman View Post
    If this thread is the Official tMP Welsh Regional 2008 thread, and Tredegar and Pontypool are in the 2008 Welsh Regionals, surely andywooler's post was on topic. Please note, I am not shouting, either.
    I was attempting to establish if JonP's desire to remove the closing date had anything to do with Pontypool not being present at the Welsh Regional Contest.
    Quite simple really.

tMP Senior Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMusicMan View Post
    Guys - as much as we seem to enjoy banter, please keep this thread on topic. Thanks.
    Absolutely. In have not taken ponty band for over 2 years and the site to whch they are referring is not under my control. I wont discuss this any further.

And it does not relate to what we are discussing.
    Jonathan Pippen

Absolutely. In have not taken ponty band for over 2 years and the site to whch they are referring is not under my control. I wont discuss this any further.

And it does not relate to what we are discussing.
    Until the comment above it absolutely did - you cannot link to a site in your tMp profile and then whinge that the information is wrong. It was a perfectly valid question to ask and a perfectly valid piece of simple research to do. The site has your name and phone number on the opening page for gods sake.

So we've established you don't have a higher motive for wanting the closing date scrapped.
    And we've established you know a lot about regulations relating to bus drivers.
    If you have the time, why not get onto a regional committee and get the changes you want to see actioned?

tMP Senior Friend
    Until the comment above it absolutely did - you cannot link to a site in your tMp profile and then whinge that the information is wrong. It was a perfectly valid question to ask and a perfectly valid piece of simple research to do. The site has your name and phone number on the opening page for gods sake.

So we've established you don't have a higher motive for wanting the closing date scrapped.
    If you have the time, why not get onto a regional committee and get the changes you want to see actioned?

i will ask my representative to do just that.
    Jonathan Pippen

The site has your name and phone number on the opening page for gods sake.
    PMSL!!!!
    Donna Towse

tMP Senior Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by towse1972 View Post
    PMSL!!!!
    Is anyone actually interested in talking about the area contests?

Clowns.

It does seem to me though that when attempts are made at teh m,eetings to change anything than a resounding air of disinterest rukles. I now trhat suggestions have been made at teh welsh association relating to various topics, but change seems to be avoided at all costs. NOt in a obstructive way, but in a way that it would really be too much trouble. Its almost like a its not broke dont fox it attitude, but it is broke!!
    Last edited by JonP; 26.03.2008 at 12:03.
    Jonathan Pippen

Its almost like a its not broke dont fox it attitude, but it is broke!!

Only in some peoples opinion...

Isn't there the possibility that scrapping the registration period, tho probably solving some issues, would create more than it solved?
    Not just quite emulating last years successes!
    2009/2010 Stocksbridge Band Club "Most Entertaining Band"

tMP Newbie
    All

Please don't drag the name of Tredegar Town Band into this, and for you all to know,Mr Pippen no longer plays or has anything to do with Tredegar Town Band !!

Please see the up to date web site of Tredegar and you will see the current playing members of the band.

Regards

tMP Senior Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by cspuk View Post
    All

Please don't drag the name of Tredegar Town Band into this, and for you all to know,Mr Pippen no longer plays or has anything to do with Tredegar Town Band !!

Please see the up to date web site of Tredegar and you will see the current playing members of the band.

Regards

See, Told you!! Lol
    Jonathan Pippen

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18