Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The ALL NEW tMP Prediction Competitions

The ALL NEW tMP Prediction Competitions

The ALL NEW tMP Prediction Competitions

We've done it again folks...!! well, what I should say is... this time it's Steve (Di's better half) who has done it - big time - for us. Steve has been busy coding an all new tMP Prediction Script that we want to try out for the first time on the upcoming English Nationals which are taking place on the 30th June.

To access this and indeed any tMP Prediction Competition, simply click on the tMP Predictions link at the top of any tMP page and as long as you are a registered member of tMP, you will be taken to the new tMP prediction pages. The rest is easy; simply select which contest you want to predict your winners in, then select your placings from the list of bands that are presented - and hey presto! that's it.

As usual you will be able to amend and review your placings, and in time we will be launching the tMP Prediction Chart - which will show the top tMP predictors and additional info.

Each section in each competition will have 5 points awarded per correct placing. Furthermore, if you predict a band in the number of available selections, but out of position, you score 2 points.

With the new tMP Prediction Competitions we are able to alter the number of placings allowed, so in one contest we could allow you to select your choice of top three bands, and in another contest we could allow you to select your choice of top five bands etc.

The lucky tMPer with the most points will be declared the winner, and be the object of awe from all other tMPers.

I have to say a huge thank you to Steve for the superb effort he has made over this last month or so... Thanks Steve, great stuff

Oh, and everybody.... have fun yeah

PS: this is a test run before we fully open the contest on the tmp server. Please pm steve_r if you have any problems or suggestions

That's my predictions in.
    Very easy to use. I like it. Well done Mr Di and ta very much.
    Kev Mann
    Ex Player

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.- Victor Hugo.

Cracking!!!
    well done Steve.
    really easy to use

Administrator
    Hi

Thanks for the nice comments guys - lets just hope the points all add up at the end

A couple of improvements......

1) In the VotesSoFar section, you can now click on the column head to have the bands ordered by whichever position you are interested in

2) You now see your user name at the top right as its always nice to know who you are

3) I have taken a flyer and let you all see each others votes. If this proves to be contentious I can take it out but its only for fun and I thought you would like to see who voted for who. I believe the last system did this too.

4) Some links have been tidied up and more added.

BTW sections and contests are a bit confusing when theres a contest with only one section as here. When we get to a contest with more sections it will become clearer as there will be a row on the sections page for each section (champ,First, Second etc)

Let me know if owt causes a problem

Have fun

Steve

Hi All

Have you been to the "tMP Predictions" and voted for the English Nationals yet? If not, why not click on the link on the top of the page to enter the tMP predictions area.

If you have, why not pay another visit and make your predictions now for the Bugle Contest which is to be held on Saturday 16th June.

Please remember, this is still in the "testing" phase, so if you have any problems /comments/ suggestions, please make them by PM to steve_r.
    Midlands Regional Champions, 2nd Section - 2011

tMP Prime Friend ronnie_the_lizard's Avatar
    The mountains of Snowdonia. (and occasionally Essex).
    Wow - so quick - fantastic improvement on the previous system which seemed to lock itself after I'd done e.g. 2 sections for one of the areas. The simple 'one click' for 1st - 4th place rather than having a drop down for each section seems fantastically better (as long as it works........)

Well done Steve (& Di & family - I bet this took up quite a lot of your 'quality family time' !!).

Lets hope the hard work you've put into this pays off with a permanent 'bug free' predictions contest.

Ron
    Ron Rees Davies.
    EEb Bass
    tMP Easingwold 06 & Whits 07
    tMP Caption Competition Winner - June 06 & Sept+Oct+Nov 06

tMP Friend for Life Thirteen Ball's Avatar
    Very cool. First TMP prediction comp I've entered - and the hardest bit was picking my four bands!

Well done, dead easy to use and very quick - if you're a bit more decisive than me....
    Andi Cook: BBb Bass - Hebden Bridge
    Composer in Residence - Skelmanthorpe

Find me at www.penninemusic.com and www.kirkleesmusic.co.uk
    Got a piece you want arranging? Email thirteen_ball_music@yahoo.co.uk or tweet @13BallMusic to discuss...

Administrator
    Thanks all again.

Just a point....

I have noticed that some people are only voting for certain contests or sections (presumably where they know the bands)

We will be carrying the database over with us when we move to the tmp server and we will be showing an ongoing predictor ranking after we have enough data to make it meaningful, (mebbe part of the annual awards mods???) so as the saying goes

"you have to be in it to win it"

Steve

Top Jolly
    Brilliant
    Looking forward to 2013 with so much in stall

Administrator
    Slight improvement suggested by Diane

Have you been looking at the prediction summary pages and wondering "who on earth would predict *them* to win"?

Well now you can click on the count and see who it was .....

Steve

The results from the Bugle contest have now been added and can be viewed on the tMP Predictions gizmo.

Our first leader on the leader board is

Tuba Dave

who (I can only assume was the adjudicator? ) scored

57 out of a total of 65 available points!

Administrator
    As vickitorious would say - Yay!

- it actually worked

The Pontins Youth Brass Festival - 2007 has now been added to the predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    The Pontins Youth Brass Festival - 2007 has now been added to the predictions.
    So get yer votes in folks... the tMP League table is on its way!

tMP Posting Freak!!! DublinBass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMusicMan View Post
    So get yer votes in folks... the tMP League table is on its way!
    Can there be a USA division...I might be able to win that (or at least a non UK division)?

Perhaps entries should be separated by are for different tables?
    Eb Bass
    Dublin Community Bands
    http://www.facebook.com/DublinBands

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast