Thread: The National Brass Band Championships of Great Britain Website

Hybrid View

Post The National Brass Band Championships of Great Britain Website

The National Brass Band Championships of Great Britain Website...who actually runs this site? And why is Yorkshire and London & Southern Counties the only regions that have a site?

by the way the site is : http://www.regional-contest.org.uk/index.htm
    Last edited by Roger Thorne; 04.03.2007 at 00:04. Reason: forgot something
    Alan Gifford
    Solo Trombone of The Staffordshire Band

Scottish region has a site too www.sbba.org.uk
    Lucy
    Scottish Co-op

oh right, I never noticed that one, well I've just had a look at it and its a very impressive site
    Alan Gifford

Afterall, it has won the tMP "Website of the Month" twice now!!

Well done John Martin!
    Willie Ralston
    Bb Bass
    Campbeltown Brass
    Scottish 3rd Section Champions 2007
    Scottish 2nd Section Champions 2008!!!
    "Tartan Brass" Whit Friday Tartan Army!!
    YABB

Quote Originally Posted by BbBill View Post
    Afterall, it has won the tMP "Website of the Month" twice now!!

Well done John Martin!
    I thought you meant http://www.regional-contest.org.uk/index.htm which is only marginally more informative than nothing, until I looked at the Scottish site!

Quote Originally Posted by on_castors View Post

I thought you meant http://www.regional-contest.org.uk/index.htm which is only marginally more informative than nothing
    Very true!!! Who-ever runs it needs to make it some-what usefull
    Alan Gifford

Quote Originally Posted by on_castors View Post

I thought you meant http://www.regional-contest.org.uk/index.htm which is only marginally more informative than nothing, until I looked at the Scottish site!
    I think the LSC part of it is very informative - entries for this years contest, current grading tables, preliminary gradings, full details of the contest, plus loads of historic info - can't think of anything that's missing
    Elspeth Hackett
    Rep cornet - Brighton & Hove City Brass

Some people are like Slinkies....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
    I think the LSC part of it is very informative - entries for this years contest, current grading tables, preliminary gradings, full details of the contest, plus loads of historic info - can't think of anything that's missing
    I agree with you, the Yorkshire site is very good aswell, its just ashame that most of the regions dont even have a site yet
    Alan Gifford

tMP Friend in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by alangiff3 View Post
    I agree with you, the Yorkshire site is very good aswell, its just ashame that most of the regions dont even have a site yet
    I am glad you find the Yorkshire and London sites useful. The regional-contest web area was set up by London and SC and they had the foresight to set it up as a hub for all the regions so that the community could easily find its way to information about any region through one portal. Obviously sbba already had its own excellent site and this just has a link in place but the central address is still a good way to navigate to it. I know that all the regions have been invited to set up sites of their own under the regional-contest banner so that it would be a truly national resource and I hope that some more take up the chance soon. Maybe web experts from regions without a web site should have a word with their regional secs at the forthcoming areas and volunteer their services so that we can really get this central resource filled with information from all the areas.

Stuart

Yorkshire webmaster

tMP Friend in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
    I agree about the LSC website, always very quickly updated as well. I used it only this morning to settle a discussion about what section a band was in, that a friend of mine was playing with at the time and couldn't remember. I think the bar at Stevenage on Saturday is still having an affect.

The North of England region has a site also

http://www.er.band.btinternet.co.uk/nebbc/main.htm

Just to resurrect this a bit - I was just browsing around and checked back at the Yorkshire site and I am mightily impressed.

Each region should be following suit. In Particular, the stats section for each conductor but also for each band right down to showing the uniform that each band wears. - Almost like reading the Racing Post!!!!!

Well done Yorkshire - obviously a lot of dedicated hours spent there.
    Stephen Gibson - BBb Bass
    East Yorkshire Motor Services Band
    Senior Cup Winners 2008
    Most Entertaining Band - Butlins 2011
    North of England Runner Up 2011
    Senior Cup Runner Up 2013

tMP Friend

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ste69 View Post
    Just to resurrect this a bit - I was just browsing around and checked back at the Yorkshire site and I am mightily impressed.

Each region should be following suit. In Particular, the stats section for each conductor but also for each band right down to showing the uniform that each band wears. - Almost like reading the Racing Post!!!!!

Well done Yorkshire - obviously a lot of dedicated hours spent there.
    Completely agree with you. A really good website, must be a contender for website of the month. I thought our area, the London one, was good with lots of detail until I saw the Yorkshire one.

Lynne