Thread: Tbdbitl

Unregistered

Tbdbitl

I noticed (after reading Jan's message) that TBDBITL is listed under wind/ concert bands, and I was wondering why it wasn't listed under US Brass Bands.

It is a member of NABBA and only has brass and percussion...is it because some players use trumpets instead of cornets and we have EEb and BBb sousaphones instead of tubas?

Apologies, this was a mistake on my part. You need to be registered on tMP to be able to post in here. I have corrected this now.

tMP Senior Friend

Happy to move TBDBITL to the brass bands part of the directory. It's sometimes not clear what a band's instrumentation is. The majority of the bands in the brass bands section follow the traditional "British" line up, but there are many versions of all brass/percussion bands and ensembles across the world and the IBEW categorisation is crude at best!
    Gavin Holman
    Eb Bass & webmaster
    Harrogate Band
    and IBEW

tMP Posting Freak!!! DublinBass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I noticed (after reading Jan's message) that TBDBITL is listed under wind/ concert bands, and I was wondering why it wasn't listed under US Brass Bands.

It is a member of NABBA and only has brass and percussion...is it because some players use trumpets instead of cornets and we have EEb and BBb sousaphones instead of tubas?
    That's odd, as I signed in and started the thread, but it has me listed as unregistered...or is there a separate registration for the IBEW forum?
    Eb Bass
    Dublin Community Bands
    http://www.facebook.com/DublinBands

tMP Posting Freak!!! DublinBass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasspenguin View Post
    Happy to move TBDBITL to the brass bands part of the directory. It's sometimes not clear what a band's instrumentation is.
    Thanks Gavin, much appreciated
    Eb Bass
    Dublin Community Bands
    http://www.facebook.com/DublinBands

Quote Originally Posted by BBCBass View Post
    That's odd, as I signed in and started the thread, but it has me listed as unregistered...or is there a separate registration for the IBEW forum?
    I had the permissions set incorrectly Pat - not your fault, all mine.