Thread: Promises, Promises ...

Red face Promises, Promises ...

Ever made a promise you will never keep? Erm, I've just bought a bargain collection of CDs of the complete Der Ring des Nibelungen (Richard Wagner) performed by the Badische Staatskapelle (Gunter Neuhold) on eBay. I would like to try and get through the 15 or 16 hours of the music in one go but I know I never will. Anything you have committed to and never started or completed?
    It's not how you play ... it's the way how you play it!

tMP Banding Boffin Award 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, tMP Saddo Award 2007, tMP Best Picture Award 2008

My Public Domain Arrangements

Quote Originally Posted by brassneck
    Anything you have committed to and never started or completed?
    I have all 5 Seasons of 24 on DVD. Have seen half of 1, all of 2, none of 3, half of 4 and all of 5. I really would like to watch them all from the beginning but I think sleep may very well take over at some point.
    Matt
    Musical Director of Brighton & Hove City Brass

I've been wanting to re read all the harry potter books from start to finish again, well ive been trying to for a year but never really found enough time!!
    Kelly Garrett
    (Previoulsy Kelly Saunders)

*loving life in the UAE*
    *have replaced brass bands with sunshine*

COMPLETELY tidying my room.

Christmas Shopping. I promised myself it'd all be done last monday.. that went to tuesday.. then today.. (just don't go there today lol!) So now it's last minute around the shops that are open on a sunday tomorrow and a bit of DIY over the next few days I think!
    Vicki Reynolds
    Tenor Horn

tMP Friend for Life Will the Sec's Avatar
    I tend to rationalise this kind of commitment to self.

Things I will do this week - these will definitely happen. Example - Christmas cards will be sent by Tuesday.

Things I'll do before I'm fifty - these things will happen, but I'm less sure about the timescale. Example - I will become the conductor of a brass band.

Things I'll do before I'm seventy five - these things will not happen. Example - I'm going to run the London Marathon...

Will Elsom

My Score Exchange Site

A man once accused of being able to write a melody...

A wise man once said, "Pointing out a fallacy in someone's argument is not the same as pedantically and persistently pushing it down someone's throat whilst completely ignoring other points that are made."

tMP Friend for Life Anno Draconis's Avatar
    I kind of feel as though I should have an onslaught on some of my DVD sets; the 9-disc extended special edition set of Lord of the Rings, for instance. I've also (shamefully) never listened to my 3 CD set of La Nozze di Figaro from start to finish. I will, though, eventually....
    Andrew Baker

tMP Senior Friend
    I've been trying to give up drinking irn bru for ages, but I'm hoping one day it actually happens as its not good for my weight or my teeth!!!
    Heather Boag
    Gorgie SA Band