Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nominations: Award #17 - Band of the Year - tMP Best Band Award

Quote Originally Posted by Will the Sec
    I nominate the Long Eaton SIlver Prize Band.

A remarkable year, in which the band had to deal with the loss of a beloved player, but bounced back to do remarkable things at Regional and National level, and record a CD. All that in their centenary year, too.

Rock on, Satchmo Shaz et al!
    I was going to second this but Rich beat me to it. So if its possible to "third" a nomination - Long Eaton are in my book band of the year without a doubt. Not only are they the nicest bunch of people - they work relentlessly hard, they don't expect anything in return and it has been a difficult year by any stretch! Coping with a huge loss, the family band battled on - none of the Ramplin family missing rehearsals, even through their most difficult of times - the whole band pulls together as one. And it all pays off - Area Champions, National Champions...Shaz you're a legend! What a way to celebrate 100 years of banding. Keep it up LE - you're top class. Both Senior and Training band thrive - lets hope you go from strength to strength - and you've got the right lady in charge!!

Kirk Turner
    Principal Cornet
    The Wigston Band

Quote Originally Posted by buglemonkey
    I was going to second this but Rich beat me to it. So if its possible to "third" a nomination
    I'd like to repeate that it is not necessary to second or "third" any nominations. We'd just like to have as much nominations as possible for all categories.

tMP Posting Freak!!! DublinBass's Avatar
    To help strengthen the BBCs CV for band of the year, I’d like to add the following information in addition to their 2006 North American Brass Band Championship already listed above.

First, the band has regularly chosen by the listeners as a favourite on the ALL BRASS BANDS Internet radio since rankings were released July 2006.

(July 2006 - #1 Sing, Sing, Sing; August 2006 - #5 Sing, Sing, Sing; September 2006 - #11 Sing, Sing, Sing; October 2006 - #3 Sing, Sing, Sing; November 2006 - #3 Prospect & #10 American Civil War Fantasy.)

Also the band has accepted several invitations to perform at prestigous local events, including the Ohio Music Education Association Annual Conference, the Inaugural Ohio Brass Arts Festival, and the Great American Brass Band Festival.

Additionally, they are in the midst of what should turn out to be a fantastic baritone CD.

Eb Bass
    Dublin Community Bands
    http://www.facebook.com/DublinBands

For me it as to be Black Dyke Mills
    Looking forward to 2013 with so much in stall

I would like to nominate Dodworth, Elliot has rebuilt this band with great success, which has been show particularly this year.
    What a great achievement.
    Never regret. If it's good it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.

oooooooooh i want to nominate 3 but i dont think i can do that?!
    Leisa Mallalieu-Ingman
    Wakefield Metropolitan Brass Band

Leisa, there's nothing in the rules to say you're restricted to only one nomination, so nominate away! But when it comes round to voting in the polls, you'll have to decide which one you're going to vote for!
    Ian Hayto | Flugel | Enderby Band

Quote Originally Posted by WoodenFlugel
    Leisa, there's nothing in the rules to say you're restricted to only one nomination, so nominate away! But when it comes round to voting in the polls, you'll have to decide which one you're going to vote for!
    Cool, ok

firstly (in no particular order) id like to nominate 1. Brighouse and Rastrick! because of their performance at brass in concert and winning cos hopefully thats the first of many!!

second 2. YBS Cos i reckon they have done brill considering they have lost sposership they still sound ace and have continued to keep a full band throughout their contest performances.

3rd-ley i would like to nominate my band United Yorkshire Co-op cos they have had a rough couple of years regarding contest results and seem to be on the up at the moment having got a few brilliant results within a couple of months !!
    Leisa Mallalieu-Ingman

oh oh just remembered i have a frth nomination!!

i would als like to nominte 4th. Flixton brass band....because over thge past 5 yeasr or s i think they have done a brilliant job of rebuliding the band and in the past year they have had some acw contest results gotten purely on the basis of hard work. having seen some of tier rehearsals they are possibly the most hardworking band i know of and they truely deserve the results they have gottne!!
    Leisa Mallalieu-Ingman

Quote Originally Posted by ian perks
    For me it as to be Black Dyke Mills
    1 'Has' has an 'H' in it
    2 The 'Mills' part went about 10 years ago

Cheers
    Rob.
    -
    -

Accept that in life - Some days you are the pigeon and other days the statue.

Quote Originally Posted by impycornet
    1 'Has' has an 'H' in it
    2 The 'Mills' part went about 10 years ago

Cheers
    [/Retract Claws]

Euphonium - Carlton Main Frickley
    Euphonium - Sheffield Citadel Band
    Euphonium - Sheffield University Wind Orchestra
    Willing dep!

Quote Originally Posted by jan_h
    I nominate Brass Band Willebroek, for their European title, and the prolongation of their Belgian title
    Because of them, brass bands are starting to get more recognition in the mainstream Belgian media, and their performances are a big insiration to all other Belgian bands to continuously improve their level.
    They were fabulous when they won the World Brass Band Competition at Kerkrade in 2005.
    Steve Marcus
    http://www.geocities.com/semarcus1/Steve_Marcus.html
    BBb Bass (Leave of Absence), Chicago Brass Band
    www.chicagobrassband.org

tMP Posting Freak!!! DublinBass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Marcus
    They were fabulous when they won the World Brass Band Competition at Kerkrade in 2005.
    They were incredible...except for the fact Tres etoiles won
    Eb Bass
    Dublin Community Bands
    http://www.facebook.com/DublinBands

About their placement in Kerkrade, I stand corrected.

(Oh, wait a minute--that's the other thread--about basses standing for solos...)
    Steve Marcus
    http://www.geocities.com/semarcus1/Steve_Marcus.html
    BBb Bass (Leave of Absence), Chicago Brass Band
    www.chicagobrassband.org

tMP Prime Friend

I would like to nominate Brisbane Excelsior.

In 2006 they visted the UK to take part in the Masters where they achieved a top 10 placing.

Also during the visit they played concerts around the UK culminating with joint concert with Leyland Band.

The tour was made possible by a massive fund raising effort on behalf of the band. Whilst all the fund raising was going on they still managed to keep their fantatstic playing going by retaining the Australian National Championships.

On top of all that they are a terrific bunch of people too! (even if they are stuffing us at cricket!)
    Ian Clarke,
    BBb Bass, The Cawston Band EABBA Champion Band 2010
    Juggling Baps for London 2012
    Tell 'em Chunky sent ya - For da good stuff!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast