Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nominations: Award #17 - Band of the Year - tMP Best Band Award

Nominations: Award #17 - Band of the Year - tMP Best Band Award

Award #17 - Band of the Year - tMP Best Band Award

Please nominate which band - in your opinion - has been the 'Band of the Year' during the last 12 months.

Please note: The tMP Band is not eligible for this award!

Please ensure you make absolutely clear which band you nominate and why. Please state the reasons why you are nominating this band. You can, of course, nominate your own band, or another band, but proper reasons must be given as to why your chosen band should be considered. We need to be clear about your choice.

To make your nomination, please simply reply to this thread or to nominate anonymously simply PM any of the tMP team who will then add your nomination to the list.
    Last edited by dyl; 26.11.2006 at 19:35.

tMP Posting Freak!!! DublinBass's Avatar
    I'll nominate the Brass Band of Columbus for winnining an unprecedented 10th North American Championship in only 16 appearances.
    Eb Bass
    Dublin Community Bands
    http://www.facebook.com/DublinBands

grimethorpe for there brilliant performances at both the yorkshire regionals and the national championships

Oldham (Lees) Band.

Won a variety of contests throughout the country including 2nd at the Nationals. A Fourth Section band in the top 200 in the world is outstanding. A band truly on the up.

I'd like to nominate a Gloucestershire Band for band of the year - the Lydbrook band - for the following reasons:

2nd at the Wof E area which meant qualification to the Championship and a place at the Nationals

a super trip to latvia and Lithuania which was followed by the tragic death of their young solo horn player on their return. The way the band coped with the loss of Tref and have looked after his partner Jo is remarkable and shows their stength of character.

A very impressive 5th place at the National finals in memory of their solo horn player Tref -their first contest out after his untimely death. What a tough weekend that must have been for Jo and the band.

Their unwavering support for the Lydbrook Training Band - many senior band members attend training band regularly to encourage the youngsters and Robert Morgan teaches the very new starters before conducting the training band rehearsal every week. The training band came 2nd at the Crosskeys Contest in Class 1 and today won the March and came 2nd in section D at the GBBA.

Winners of the Gloucestershire Brass Band Association Contest

Thanks

I nominate Brass Band Willebroek, for their European title, and the prolongation of their Belgian title
    Because of them, brass bands are starting to get more recognition in the mainstream Belgian media, and their performances are a big insiration to all other Belgian bands to continuously improve their level.

tMP Prime Friend WorldofBrass.com's Avatar
    I nominate Wingates Band for some of their innovations this year;
    1) recording a CD of music by Michael Nyman.
    2) releasing a single and attempting to be the Christmas No.1.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenmrry
    grimethorpe for there brilliant performances at both the yorkshire regionals and the national championships
    I'll second Grimey's nomination.
    It's not how you play ... it's the way how you play it!

tMP Banding Boffin Award 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, tMP Saddo Award 2007, tMP Best Picture Award 2008

My Public Domain Arrangements

tMP Newbie
    i second wingates

tMP Friend for Life Will the Sec's Avatar
    I nominate the Long Eaton SIlver Prize Band.

A remarkable year, in which the band had to deal with the loss of a beloved player, but bounced back to do remarkable things at Regional and National level, and record a CD. All that in their centenary year, too.

Rock on, Satchmo Shaz et al!
    Will Elsom

My Score Exchange Site

A man once accused of being able to write a melody...

A wise man once said, "Pointing out a fallacy in someone's argument is not the same as pedantically and persistently pushing it down someone's throat whilst completely ignoring other points that are made."

tMP Friend in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiz7
    I'd like to nominate a Gloucestershire Band for band of the year - the Lydbrook band - for the following reasons:

2nd at the Wof E area which meant qualification to the Championship and a place at the Nationals

a super trip to latvia and Lithuania which was followed by the tragic death of their young solo horn player on their return. The way the band coped with the loss of Tref and have looked after his partner Jo is remarkable and shows their stength of character.

A very impressive 5th place at the National finals in memory of their solo horn player Tref -their first contest out after his untimely death. What a tough weekend that must have been for Jo and the band.

Their unwavering support for the Lydbrook Training Band - many senior band members attend training band regularly to encourage the youngsters and Robert Morgan teaches the very new starters before conducting the training band rehearsal every week. The training band came 2nd at the Crosskeys Contest in Class 1 and today won the March and came 2nd in section D at the GBBA.

Winners of the Gloucestershire Brass Band Association Contest

Thanks
    I'll second that. Very good reason K
    Stephen Ruck
    Soprano Cornet
    Tredegar Town Band

tMP Friend in Training audleyshedbuilder's Avatar
    I'd like to nominate "Audley Brass Band" - we may not have had conventional success in terms of results, but we have survived a very difficult year which has seen a change in musical director, and have had to cope without a bandroom for the last six months and all the hassle with building control and local planning services.

However, we have had a committed group of players who have stuck with us through thick and thin, and are ready to face 2007 and all the trials and tribulations (and hopefully results) that it will bring.

tMP Newbie

Thumbs up award#17-band of the year

i whould like to nominate my band briton ferry silver band as we just been promoted to 1 section justafter 2years of hard work also its the first time since 1912 we have been there even our eldest member cryed

Quote Originally Posted by Will the Sec

A remarkable year, in which the band had to deal with the loss of a beloved player, but bounced back to do remarkable things at Regional and National level, and record a CD. All that in their centenary year, too.

Seconded. Will put all the reasons into 2 sentences which is more that I could do.

Cheers

Rich
    Richard Walker
    Lead Alto - Bone On Trombone Choir

"Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water." --W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Will the Sec

aww cheers mate
    It has been a year of ups and downs, thats for sure
    satchmo shaz
    MD Long Eaton Silver Prize Band
    www.lespb.co.uk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast