Thread: What can you post to Australia?

Question What can you post to Australia?

Hi I want to send some chocolate (milka) to Australia to someone but i'm not sure if I can because they have very strict rules about what you can bring into the country. I looked on the customs website and its doesn't seem to mention it so does anyone know if it would be ok? I would hate to post it off and it get intercepted (eaten) by the customs officials. Can anyone help me? Maybe someone here sends chocolate all the time to aus!

(I'm in France by the way so it would be from France to Aus)
    Carolyn
    Flugel, Leopard Coachlines Canterbury Brass

Definition of 'rall' or 'rit' - coming up to the bit you HAVEN'T practised

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo Chick
    Hi I want to send some chocolate (milka) to Australia to someone but i'm not sure if I can because they have very strict rules about what you can bring into the country. I looked on the customs website and its doesn't seem to mention it so does anyone know if it would be ok? I would hate to post it off and it get intercepted (eaten) by the customs officials. Can anyone help me? Maybe someone here sends chocolate all the time to aus!

(I'm in France by the way so it would be from France to Aus)
    When I went to Australia in May they are very strict about bringing food into the country. I know that when you arrive at customs you have to declare what food you have and then they make a decision as to wether or not you can take it in. I have never posted anything to Australia, but it would be wise to check first.
    " Music is the art of thinking with sounds"

x Yvonne x

tMP Friend for Life Anno Draconis's Avatar
    These items must be declared and inspected on arrival for signs of insects, contamination or disease. Some may require treatment before being allowed in, but most will be permitted after they have been inspected by a quarantine officer.
    From the Australian Department of Ag., Fish., and Forestry - website here

So I suspect the answer is no, unless you're prepared for Aussie Customs to rifle through it. In the UK you can get internet companies to deliver chocolates, etc. - have you considered trying to find an aussie internet delivery company that could do it for you?

Also could you please include a world class wicketkeeper/batsman and fast bowler in any packages you send, clearly marked for the attention of Mr D. Fletcher? Thanks
    Andrew Baker