Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Harrogate Band vacancy

Calling Cornets...

Edit: for current vacancies and contact details please see most recent threads

Owing to an unexpected change of plans, The Harrogate Band (Championship Section) requires a front row cornet player.

The Band is an active, friendly group with high quality engagements and good facilities. We don't normally advertise to recruit members but in this instance we've decided to look further afield to find the right player to help the Band progress and succeed at the highest level.

For more information about The Harrogate Band please visit our website www.harrogateband.org. I'll be pleased to hear from anyone interested in this position, either by Private Message or e-mail: david_lancaster@talk21.com

Thanks

D
    Last edited by PeterBale; 29.03.2010 at 23:33.
    Composer www.dragonmusicpublishing.com
    Musical Director www.kippaxband.co.uk
    Associate Conductor www.eymsbrassband.co.uk

I should have posted a follow up to this advert some time ago, but better late than never:

Our vacancy on the front row has been admirably filled by a fabulous player and great bandsman - Mr. Valvecap himself!

Wecome to tHB, Dave, and hope your time with us is a long and happy one.

D

I Use tMP Webhosting
    Many thanks for the write up David - i am looking forward to taking my playing to a new level with the Harrogate Band. And besides - someone needs to keep and eye on You and Cornet Girl dont they...

Dave
    Dave Nichols

Enjoying a well earned break from banding

Yes...I'm always at risk of murdering SM if he wears offensive shirts!

Rach x
    Rachel Miller

Officially retired flugellist - helping Barton out where necessary but too many teeth to fill to commit!
    Horn, Petuaria Brass
    Flugel. tMP Whit Friday 2005,Easingwold 03/05/06, CiN/CiN 10 piece
    Principal Cornet, Whit Friday 2003

Flugel - Yorkshire

Owing to work relocation The Harrogate Band have a vacancy for a top class flugel player. This is a rare opportunity to join a highly committed and well-managed Championship Section band with an exciting year ahead.

The next few months include high profile concerts in Harrogate Theatre, the Harrogate International Festival - with a world class soloist, a professional production of Brassed Off and a major concert in Ripon Cathedral featuring a world premiere performance.

Since it would be possible to fill this position from within the current membership if necessary, we would also be interested to hear from a capable front row cornet player.

Please see our website to find out more about the band.

Email or PM me for further details.

David

So I guess this means Rachel is leaving?
    A big loss for you, as I'm sure you dont need me to tell you.
    Mark Wears

Hi Mark - in fact Rachel is taking a six month 'sabbatical' to get settled into her new job and hopes to return to the band (on cornet?) when the dust has settled. But in the meantime we've already had some interesting contacts...

We've a fair amount of flexibility within the current band, but it would be helpful if any other interested flugel/cornet players could get in touch with me (or via the bands www site) before Easter.

Cheers

D

We've now filled this position - I'd like to say a big thank you to those who got in touch.

I'd also like to thank Rachel (Cornetgirl!) for all her playing and support over the last couple of years - I hope it isn't too long before you can make a comeback! Winning the solo prize at Buxton Contest as part of the winning band must have been a very good note to go out on! Take care, have fun and best wishes in your new job from all at tHB.

D

Thanks David!

I've had a great 24 years with tHB (not a typo, honest!) and you know I won't be able to keep away, being brought up in the band and all that. Thanks for all your help and support - not to mention the grin when I hit the top B at Buxton! Keep in touch (or else!) and I promise to keep on insulting you online (although I shall have to rely on gossip for some of your fantastic rehearsal comments from now on... "69's a naughty bit" being one of your more recent classics!!!)

Rach x
    Rachel Miller

Officially retired flugellist - helping Barton out where necessary but too many teeth to fill to commit!
    Horn, Petuaria Brass

Solo Cornet required by Yorkshire Championship Band

From the end of November we will have a vacancy for a first class solo cornet player, ideally to play assistant principal. This is a rare opportunity for a reliable, committed and ambitious player to join this friendly and enthusiastic band at a very exciting time.

The Harrogate Band's plans for early 2005 include Yeovil Entertainments Contest, a CD recording and a serious assault on the North of England Championships!

Our enthusiastic team enjoys good rehearsals and a wide range of quality engagements throughout the year. Please PM me for further information, visit our website (www.harrogateband.org) or come along to hear us at Malton and St Helens contests in the coming weeks.

Update: we now have a bar and kitchen area in our bandroom an our own internet discussion forum - full details on our website www.harrogateband.org

Cheers

D

Championship Section horn player required...

The Harrogate Band have a vacancy for a capable 1st horn player. This is a rare opportunity for a reliable, committed and ambitious player to join a friendly and dedicated band who enjoy their playing at a high level.

The band has a full calendar of events, including Wilkinsons and Yeovil contests, lots of good concerts and a CD recording. Our enthusiastic team enjoys full rehearsals, excellent facilities and a wide range of quality music. Please PM me for further information or visit our website (
    www.harrogateband.org) where you'll find a phone number.

The Harrogate Band
    Championship Section - North of England region
    Rehearsals Wednesday (20.00) and Sunday (18.45)
    Last edited by Straightmute; 15.07.2005 at 11:03. Reason: In accordance with tMP recruitment guidelines.

tMP Prime Friend

Thumbs up

having met straight mute, met some of Harrogate's players and seen the rehearsal facilities I would reccomend getting in there quick!
    Ian Clarke,
    BBb Bass, The Cawston Band EABBA Champion Band 2010
    Juggling Baps for London 2012
    Tell 'em Chunky sent ya - For da good stuff!

Cornet vacancy now filled. Please see revised post above.

Any horn players out there - get yourselves to Harrogate! They're a great, friendly bunch and you'll have a fantastic time!

Rach x
    Rachel Miller

Horn, Petuaria Brass

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast