Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Huge disruption at all UK airports following terror plot!

Huge disruption at all UK airports following terror plot!

Check out BBC.co.uk !!! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4778575.stm

What on earth is the world coming to? A huge threat on an unimaginable scale to blow up to ten passenger airliners as they travel from the UK across the atlantic to the USA. Police ans security services had to act last night at 02:00 AM and have made 20 arrests.

Typical that Jen and my kids are right now in the USA...

A worried tMM...

Quote Originally Posted by TheMusicMan

A worried tMM...
    I know - not a time to be flying anywhere. Still it could be worse John, they could be at Heathrow!

We're due to fly to Scotland on the Bank Holiday weekend for the SASWE visit to Clydebank, having planned to fit all we need into hand luggage to save time. After checking that the saxophone was the right dimensions to be taken in the overhead locker, it looks as if they may insist on it going in the hold, which I'm not really very happy about. Mind you, looking at the list of Easy Jet cancellations today, there's no telling whether the flights will operate anyway.
    Peter Bale
    BBb bass, Hadleigh Temple Band
    Alto sax, Salvation Army Symphonic Wind Ensemble
    tMP band, Whit Friday 2004; tMP band, Hadleigh, April 2005

Dad flew to Belfast this morning, it took him an hour and a half to get through security and he was only allowed to take his passport and wallet on with him(he wasn't even allowed his keys!). Personally I'd prefer they take these precautions!

Just heard that Easyjet have cancelled loads of flights....must find out who Dad was flying with - not sure he'll be back tonight somehow!

On a lighter note, Elin's (Twigglet) response was she wasn't sure what damage Jilly Copper could do!!

I was at Gatwick this morning to see off my sister on her way back to Canada. At 0610 it was chaos but by 09:00 when I left it was at a standstill and they had closed off the South terminal as it was completely full.

I heard one guy moaning at staff becuase he wasn't allowed to take his IPOD on the flight with him. Some people are just totally selfish!

My sister had to take her 1 year old on to 9 hour flight with no toys to amuse him, just a few essentials.

Also saw one woman with three children trying to explain that she had to take a speacial cooled bag on with her as it contained the insulin etc for her diabetic children. I don't know if she got on in the end but the staff were certainly not going to let them on at the time i was there.
    Ian Burton
    Ipswich & Norwich Co op Band

Quote Originally Posted by Big Twigge

On a lighter note, Elin's (Twigglet) response was she wasn't sure what damage Jilly Copper could do!!
    Anybody deranged enough to want to read Jilly Cooper is definitely a safety risk to everybody else

Latest: All flights re LHR are now cancelled for today.

I'm flying to the USA on Monday. Hope they've got some decent films as I can't take any books. Still, better to be bored than scattered over the Atlantic.
    Blow in the little end. Noise comes out the Big end.
    Simples !

Better to be a Has Been, than a Never Was!

my mum flys back from Ethiopia to Heathrow tomorrow for a two week break from her two year VSO work. Not seen her since last May, I sincereley hope her plans aren'tt too disrupted by all this, but I suspect they may be.
    Tim Benson MEng CEng MICE

Occasional Trombone - Oughtibridge Band
    @tim_ed

One of the lads at our work is going to Florida for his holiday in 2 weeks time and the family as been looking forward to it now this happens .
    He is in 2 minds what to do.
    Looking forward to 2013 with so much in stall

He has to wait Ian. No decisions have been made but I am sure things will have eased off by then.

tMP Friend
    Previously known as "euphemious"
    I am feeling most fortunate, because I arrived back at Gatwick from my hols only yesterday afternoon with BA - I wouldn't have fancied being stuck at Innsbruck airport for any length of time, there was nothing there and the seats were really uncomfortable. I feel really sorry for all the people who were hoping to go away today and who are stuck waiting in places, but it's good that they managed to take action etc rather than have 6 planes full blown up.
    Verity

Quote Originally Posted by ian perks
    One of the lads at our work is going to Florida for his holiday in 2 weeks time and the family as been looking forward to it now this happens .
    He is in 2 minds what to do.
    He should go. Hand luggage is a minor inconvenience not worth missing a holiday for. And I'm not even giving the 'bomb' aspect any thought at all. This is probably the safest time to fly.
    Blow in the little end. Noise comes out the Big end.
    Simples !

Better to be a Has Been, than a Never Was!

I Use tMP Webhosting
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMusicMan
    Check out BBC.co.uk !!! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4778575.stm

What on earth is the world coming to? A huge threat on an unimaginable scale to blow up to ten passenger airliners as they travel from the UK across the atlantic to the USA. Police ans security services had to act last night at 02:00 AM and have made 20 arrests.

A worried tMM...
    It is difficult when you see these things on news, my dad, step-mum and sister live near to Gatwick and I have found myself thinking all sorts. I can only begin to imagine what's in your head mate. Look on the bright side, they could be gone some time due to delayed flights so you could always throw a tMP party round your gaff. We won't tell your missus mate.

Pete

Not being the sort of person who enjoys flying at the best of times, listening to the news today has made me rather paronoid. We're flying home tomorrow from Tenerife and although the airport we are landing at (Humberside) does not appear to be of concern re the current issue, my paronoia is taking over. I keep thinking while the security teams are focussing on the major airports and flights to and from the US, the 'cunning' terroists are actually planning a strike elsewhere! This has now spoiled my last night on holiday, all I can think about is the flight home tomorrow!

We have also got a holiday planned in November to Las Vegas and I have told hubbie he can cancel that as soon as we get back home. He has refused saying he is not letting 'them' win by cancelling the holiday. However, I think I would have to be in a coma to get on a plane once I land back safely in England (hopefully) tomorrow!
    Susan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast