Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Twenty20 Cricket

Twenty20 Cricket

Anybody else into this? I think it's brilliant!

tMP Friend for Life Will the Sec's Avatar
    Yep, and as I'm not playing anymore, I'm getting to see some of it!

Shame it seems to be mostly overseas players starring at the moment, though....
    Will Elsom

My Score Exchange Site

A man once accused of being able to write a melody...

A wise man once said, "Pointing out a fallacy in someone's argument is not the same as pedantically and persistently pushing it down someone's throat whilst completely ignoring other points that are made."

tMP Master Friend
    Just back from the 20/20 match at Lords seeing the Spitfires beat the Crusaders

Crowd of 20,000 marvellous stuff
    MD - Marlow Band

Going up to Headingley a week tomorrow to watch my first live 20/20 - can't wait!
    wooooo!

Been watching it on the tele when the programme schedulers can manage to squeeze it in between hours of Big Brother, The Mint and dramas that no-one actually watches anymore. I think it's great. Also watched the 'classic' version the other day with ngland players like Chris Lewis, and Robin Smith amongst the lineup. Outstanding stuff.

Puss
    Percussionist - Wem Jubilee Band

Slow metabolism..........incredibly fast pie arm!

tMP Test the Nation team
    tMP Pontins band 2004

Cricket does nothing for me I'm afraid, not even when we won the Ashes recently. Each to their own I guess.

@ Will: why not playing anymore? I thought this was the only thing above banding for ya?

Cricket is a GREAT GAME full stop played it and was a member of Warwickshire County Cricket Club till 3 years ago till they put up the memebership some what by a large amount but go and see the odd sunday game if not out with band
    Looking forward to 2013 with so much in stall

The Somerset v. Gloucester game on SKY the other day was awesome ! 250 in 20 overs, some super hitting.......two big scores from overseas batsmen!!

Quote Originally Posted by tam-tam2
    The Somerset v. Gloucester game on SKY the other day was awesome ! 250 in 20 overs, some super hitting.......two big scores from overseas batsmen!!
    It was brilliant wasn't it - 118 from Cameron White I think - It was the highest ever 20/20 score by a team. If you were in that crowd you couldn't take your eye off the match for fear of getting a 6 shot in the head!!

Justin Langer's innings really suprised me too, I'm not used to seeing him play like that!!

Yeah, he's not normally slogging them round like that is he!!

Justin Langer started out as a biffer on a par with Darren Lehmann. He changed his style (and added an 'r' to his name so people pronounced his name right) when he realised there were six or seven people figiting for two spots in the Aussie line up. The change of style made him a candidate for an opening berth, and he made it his own.

I had no doubts that if put into a Twenty20 game his technique and experience would make him a worthy addition to any team.

Quote Originally Posted by me
    Shame it seems to be mostly overseas players starring at the moment, though....
    Having said that, Ronnie Irani's knock on Friday night should see him straight into the Twenty20 world cup team. Absoultely awestriking.
    Last edited by Will the Sec; 03.07.2006 at 13:31.
    Will Elsom

My Score Exchange Site

A wise man once said, "Pointing out a fallacy in someone's argument is not the same as pedantically and persistently pushing it down someone's throat whilst completely ignoring other points that are made."

Quote Originally Posted by Will the Sec
    Absoultely awestriking.
    Is that a word? Some really good bowling in the Leicestershire v. Lancashire game the other day, what a supreb finish that was. Even Glamorgan seem to be doing ok with a bit of help from their Kiwi friends. It is a very viewer friendly form of the game and can only be good for the publicity of the game as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Will the Sec
    Having said that, Ronnie Irani's knock on Friday night should see him straight into the Twenty20 world cup team. Absoultely awestriking.
    Too right

What I also like about Twenty20 is the way the commentators are linked up to the fielders and umpires and can speak to them individually when they want - definitely adds a different dimension to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tam-tam2
    Is that a word?
    It is whenyour space barsuffers from intermittent effectiveness
    Will Elsom

My Score Exchange Site

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast