Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Senior Trophy - live from Blackpool

The Senior Trophy - live from Blackpool

tMP team interviews, gossip and discussion on the 4BR retrospective of each bands performance.

Keep watching!!

tMP Friend
    Great result for Craig Anderson and Kingdom Brass - a band full of excellent and experienced players, and a fine reward for years of consistency. Wasn't there - babysitting/Scottish Cup final (happy and relieved Jambo!), but brilliant news. Big Sandell will still be greeetin'!!

I think Mossley band can feel a bit hard done by, they played with a good sound on a day where a number of bands chose to razz their preverbials off (this approach doesn't work in the spanish hall), some very good playing and compared to some other performances I heard I didn't think it was that low down.

Well done to my mate John who played sop, he played a blinder.

Also well done to Chester le Street and Horden (both had some super euph playing, and in Horden's case the judges agreed )
    Andy Griffiths

Solo Euph - Jayess Newbiggin Band

Well done to all at Staines - I reckoned you would shake things up a bit, now roll on the Albert Hall!
    Peter Bale
    BBb bass, Hadleigh Temple Band
    Alto sax, Salvation Army Symphonic Wind Ensemble
    tMP band, Whit Friday 2004; tMP band, Hadleigh, April 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Fernie
    Great result for Craig Anderson and Kingdom Brass - a band full of excellent and experienced players, and a fine reward for years of consistency. Wasn't there - babysitting/Scottish Cup final (happy and relieved Jambo!), but brilliant news. Big Sandell will still be greeetin'!!
    Cheers Alan, superb result for the band in a really strong field, and we can't give enough praise and credit to Craig for shaping the piece in only the handful of rehearsals we had after coming back from our German tour. The Trophy's sitting in my flat next to me now having been filled with various drinks on the way back up over the border.

Well done to the Jambo's too !

tMP Master Friend
    Bit surprised (and disappointed) at our 11th place!!
    We thought we played really well and had lots of positive comments from the people who heard us.....the adjudicators comments were ok too (even us Baritones got a mention!!) AND we got good comments from 4barsrest!
    In such a strong field of Bands we didn't necessarily expect to come in the frame ..but I thought 11th was harsh.

Anyway, well done to the top 4 and all the best next year in the Senior Cup.
    Heather

Having just read the "live" crits on 4bars rest and been present through most of the Senior trophy contest I've got to say whoever was doing the crit must have spent a while in the galleon because most of the remarks were seriously off the mark. I thought Kingdom Brass were the best performance of the day by a fair margin and Staines a close second then BHK Horden and Laganvale following on from there. I was not too far from the Adjudicators thoughts, however it just proves that adjudication should be left to the professionals and not the self appointed. Well done to the top 4 in each contest.

We were pleased with sixth and the very positive feedback from the adjudicators and folks who had heard us, and of course it's great to know that we'll be back next year! 4barsrest thought we sounded tired by the end but Mr Gourlay said it was good that we 'saved the biggest sound for the end' and Mr Brownbill thought the ending was made up of 'impressive and imposing sounds' - funny how honest opinions of the same performance can differ so much!

We possibly took Essence a touch slower than most, for the sake of clarity and the overall shape of the piece, and apart from a couple of wobbly moments for the soloists it all ran according to plan and made a pleasing contrast after the disappointment of the area result.

Congratulations to all at Kingdom Brass. John T looked extremely emotional when I last saw him, walking diagonally across the foyer, but there was no danger of him dropping that trophy!

D
    Composer www.dragonmusicpublishing.com
    Musical Director www.kippaxband.co.uk
    Associate Conductor www.eymsbrassband.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Straightmute
    Congratulations to all at Kingdom Brass. John T looked extremely emotional when I last saw him, walking diagonally across the foyer, but there was no danger of him dropping that trophy!

D
    Haha cheers David, we were all very happy about that one yesterday. Band's put in some serious hard work over the past few years and that was it paying off at last.

I was emotional cos I had just got a pint when Craig Anderson starting screaming we had won, then it was just bedlam in the Galleon Bar and every last drop of it got split !!!!

Great day for Scotland though, lifting the Kirin Cup and the Senior Trophy

Fantastic Result, I thought the standard was very high and was chuffed to bits when I heard the results.
    Alec Wilson
    Kingdom Brass

Woooooooo! We were the worst band at the whole contest - go Welwyn!
    Benjamin Tubb - Royal Northern College of Music Composition Graduate
    Now living in New York City, teaching music from Pre-K through 8th grade.

we really tried hard to beat yer
    satchmo shaz
    MD Long Eaton Silver Prize Band
    www.lespb.co.uk

What a day, and what a fantastic result for Kingdom Brass and Craig Anderson. As has already been said, just reward I think for all the hard work that's been going on through an extremely busy few months for the band.
    Roll on the next contest! Oh and by the way John, that pint you were on about went all over my jacket. Who cares, WE WON!

Congratulations to Kingdom Brass, I never heard you play but you obviously gave what the audjudicators wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by megga
    What a day, and what a fantastic result for Kingdom Brass and Craig Anderson. As has already been said, just reward I think for all the hard work that's been going on through an extremely busy few months for the band.
    Roll on the next contest! Oh and by the way John, that pint you were on about went all over my jacket. Who cares, WE WON!
    If competitions were won on 'hard work' then 'just rewards' would be for every band to win, don't you think?
    Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed

If competitions were won on 'hard work' then 'just rewards' would be for every band to win, don't you think?
    Aye, ok then! Point taken

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast