Thread: Registering new players for SCABA contests..............

tMP Prime Friend Laserbeam bass's Avatar

Smile Registering new players for SCABA contests..............

Would somebody be able to point out the exact rules surrounding registering of players.

My band contests using National registration cards, and would like to sign some brand new players for use at the Crawley Entertainments contest.

Does the four weeks prior to commence on the day the Registry receive the application or the day that it is agreed?

I would be grateful for any assistance that can be provided.
    Nothing to see

Have you looked on the SCABBA web site. The rules and transfers forms are on there. If you don't find what you want, Email Andy at the adress on the sitet.

tMP Prime Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserbeam bass
    My band contests using National registration cards,

Does the four weeks prior to commence on the day the Registry receive the application or the day that it is agreed?

I am almost certain that the four weeks starts from the day that the registry receive the applications. However the Four Week Rule only applies to players who are transferring from another band. If they are new registrations then it would NOT apply anyway.

Colin at the Registry is extremely friendly and helpful and if you have any queries I would suggest that you give him a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserbeam bass
    Would somebody be able to point out the exact rules surrounding registering of players.

My band contests using National registration cards, and would like to sign some brand new players for use at the Crawley Entertainments contest.

If all else fails you can also use (I think) up to 4 day transfers for SCABA contests.
    Ian Burton
    Ipswich & Norwich Co op Band

tMP Prime Friend Laserbeam bass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipswich trom
    If all else fails you can also use (I think) up to 4 day transfers for SCABA contests.
    Thanks, but they are totally new players with no affiliation to any band.
    Nothing to see

Quote Originally Posted by BandTaxi
    However the Four Week Rule only applies to players who are transferring from another band. If they are new registrations then it would NOT apply anyway.
    Unfortunately for us that isnt true!

Rule 5.9 "All transfers and additional registrations must be effected at least four weeks prior to the date of a contest"

But what is 'effected'?!!????

Quote Originally Posted by bbbrec
    Unfortunately for us that isnt true!

Rule 5.9 "All transfers and additional registrations must be effected at least four weeks prior to the date of a contest"

But what is 'effected'?!!????
    and

Rule7.4 For conest entries from meber bands and non-member bands using the National Registry the Registrar will obtain from the National Registry a printout of players regsitered four (4) weeks prior to the contest.