Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: TMP headlines for your band web site

  1. #31
    tMP Senior Friend andyh's Avatar
    Join Date
    21.03.2003
    Location
    Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
    Sorry I was confusing...

    I meant can you put the tMP links box on your sites links pages ?

    Steve
    Oh right, I understand now

    Yes, that might work (disappears to try it out)

    Thanks!

    Andy
    3rd-man-down...
    Woodbridge Excelsior Band


  2. #32
    tMP Senior Friend andyh's Avatar
    Join Date
    21.03.2003
    Location
    Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    363
    Following on from Steve_r's excellent work with the flash and javascript modules I'd like to announce the latest additions to the stable.

    I've written a pair of Joomla! modules, one for tMP headlines and one for 4BarsRest headlines. In both cases I've preserved the original code, adding only presentational changes and parameterisation necessary to make these into stand-alone Joomla modules. I'm happy to make these available to anyone who would like to use them provided people respect the original copyrights.

    I've also taken the liberty of putting together a single page with links to all three banner headline variants.

    The page, and the Joomla! modules are hosted on Woodbridge Excelsior Band's website here:

    http://woodbridgeexcelsiorband.org/f...Headlines.html


    Hope this is a useful addition for the webmasters amongst us!

    Andy
    3rd-man-down...
    Woodbridge Excelsior Band


  3. #33
    Administrator
    Join Date
    27.03.2006
    Location
    leics
    Posts
    158
    Andy

    Sorry - I got totally sidetracked by something else this week.

    Thanks for bringing this lot together, it will make things a lot clearer for people, and thanks for the Joomla! addition to the stable.

    Anyone got any requests for any other widgets/gizmos ?

    Cheers

    Steve
    Bb Bass Leicestershire Co-op. 2nd Section Midlands Area Champions 2011


  4. #34
    tMP Senior Friend andyh's Avatar
    Join Date
    21.03.2003
    Location
    Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    363

    tmp XML feed broken?

    Our tmp News panels aren't working at the moment, the javascript versions
    are displaying the message: "Sorry, could not connect to server" and the Flash
    versions are complaining about the XML feed.

    Could one of the mods please investigate? If it's a traffic load issue please let
    us know what we can do to help....

    Andy
    3rd-man-down...
    Woodbridge Excelsior Band


  5. #35
    tMP Total Posting Nutcase Di's Avatar
    Join Date
    31.10.2003
    Posts
    24,299
    Quote Originally Posted by andyh View Post
    Our tmp News panels aren't working at the moment, the javascript versions
    are displaying the message: "Sorry, could not connect to server" and the Flash
    versions are complaining about the XML feed.

    Could one of the mods please investigate? If it's a traffic load issue please let
    us know what we can do to help....

    Andy
    Hi Andy. Thanks for pointing this out. I'm afraid it's all double dutch to me, but I will flag it up for Steve.
    Midlands Regional Champions, 2nd Section - 2011

  6. #36
    tMP Senior Friend andyh's Avatar
    Join Date
    21.03.2003
    Location
    Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    Hi Andy. Thanks for pointing this out. I'm afraid it's all double dutch to me, but I will flag it up for Steve.
    Thanks Di - I sent Steve a PM earlier, so I guess he's been busy. If not, he soon will be

    Andy
    3rd-man-down...
    Woodbridge Excelsior Band


  7. #37
    tMP Prime Friend Leyfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    15.10.2006
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,006
    Quote Originally Posted by andyh View Post
    Our tmp News panels aren't working at the moment, the javascript versions
    are displaying the message: "Sorry, could not connect to server" and the Flash
    versions are complaining about the XML feed.

    Could one of the mods please investigate? If it's a traffic load issue please let
    us know what we can do to help....

    Andy
    Yeah, ours is doing the same!
    Kim
    'Everything will be okay in the end
    If it's not okay, it's not the end'
    Brass and Braces Blog

  8. #38
    tMP Senior Friend andyh's Avatar
    Join Date
    21.03.2003
    Location
    Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
    Yeah, ours is doing the same!
    's OK now, they're back!

    Andy
    3rd-man-down...
    Woodbridge Excelsior Band


  9. #39
    Sorry folks... Steve has fixed it...

  10. #40
    tMP Prime Friend Rapier's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.03.2005
    Posts
    2,198
    I thought it would be nice to add those to our site. But I only speak English, so gave up the idea.
    Blow in the little end. Noise comes out the Big end.
    Simples !

    Better to be a Has Been, than a Never Was!

  11. #41
    tMP Senior Friend andyh's Avatar
    Join Date
    21.03.2003
    Location
    Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
    I thought it would be nice to add those to our site. But I only speak English, so gave up the idea.
    Not quite following... would you elaborate a little? What sort of problem did you have and if any of us who *have* added them to our site can help please ask!

    Andy
    3rd-man-down...
    Woodbridge Excelsior Band


  12. #42
    tMP Prime Friend Rapier's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.03.2005
    Posts
    2,198
    Sorry Andy, what I meant was I have absolutely know idea what all the ''tech speak'' means. So although it may be simple to computer types, it may well be a foreign language to me.
    Blow in the little end. Noise comes out the Big end.
    Simples !

    Better to be a Has Been, than a Never Was!

  13. #43
    tMP Senior Friend andyh's Avatar
    Join Date
    21.03.2003
    Location
    Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
    Sorry Andy, what I meant was I have absolutely know idea what all the ''tech speak'' means. So although it may be simple to computer types, it may well be a foreign language to me.
    Guilty as charged m'lud! It's a common geek-failing

    If you want to PM me, I'll help with any explanations/installation problems where I can.

    Cheers
    Andy
    3rd-man-down...
    Woodbridge Excelsior Band


  14. #44
    tMP Senior Friend andyh's Avatar
    Join Date
    21.03.2003
    Location
    Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by andyh View Post
    Following on from Steve_r's excellent work with the flash and javascript modules I'd like to announce the latest additions to the stable.

    I've written a pair of Joomla! modules, one for tMP headlines and one for 4BarsRest headlines. In both cases I've preserved the original code, adding only presentational changes and parameterisation necessary to make these into stand-alone Joomla modules. I'm happy to make these available to anyone who would like to use them provided people respect the original copyrights.

    I've also taken the liberty of putting together a single page with links to all three banner headline variants.

    The page, and the Joomla! modules are hosted on Woodbridge Excelsior Band's website here:

    http://woodbridgeexcelsiorband.org/f...Headlines.html


    Hope this is a useful addition for the webmasters amongst us!

    Andy
    I have just made a Joomla 1.5.x version of the tMP headlines available on the above page.

    I suppose it's better late than never, considering Joomla 1.6 is on the horizon

    (I have retired the 4br module as there are better options available if you use RSS)

    Andy
    3rd-man-down...
    Woodbridge Excelsior Band


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •