Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Official tMP Welsh Regional Thread 2006

Official tMP Welsh Regional Thread 2006

This is the official tMP discussion thread for the Welsh Regional Contest of the forthcoming Regional Championships of Great Britain.

Feel free to discuss your thoughts and predictions for each section within the area - but don't forget to enter the tMP Predictions Competition- for your chance to contribute to the overall tMP Predictions. Details of the tMP Predictions Competition can be found here: http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19589

We also ask that when the results for the various sections are announced, they are posted in this thread, and not posted as brand new threads - it has the potential to become extremely messy should this be the case. We will be creating and maintaining a complete set of results for viewing on the tMP Portal as they happen.

We do have one request though! Please remember, that when pasting directly from other sources, always credit the source please.

Saturday 18th March
    Brangwyn Hall, Swansea

3rd Section - Draw : 10.30am, starts 11.30am
    Adjudicator : Nigel Seaman

Beaumaris B (P Hughes) - Blaenavon Town (A Hathaway) - Harlech (C Evans) - Holywell (G Thomas) - Ogmore Valley (I Barnett) - Porthaethwy Menai Bridge (C Williams) - Radyr & Morganstown Mellingriffith (G Ritter) - Royal Oakeley Town (J Jones) - Severn Tunnel (S Crawford)

2nd Section - Draw : 12:45pm, starts after 3rd section
    Adjudicator : David Read

Briton Ferry (D C Jenkins) - Conwy Town (K Jones) - Lewis Merthyr (L Price) - Newbridge (Celynen) (P Holland) - Newtown Silver (S Edwards) - RAF St Athan Voluntary (A Bourne) - Royal Buckley (P Lovett-Cooper) - Tylorstown Arriva Trains (G Davies) - Ynyshir (Stacks of Tiles) (D Evans)

1st Section - Draw : 4pm, starts after 2nd section
    Adjudicator : Malcolm Brownbill

Ammanford Town (C Hogg) - Deiniolen (W Williams) - Llanrug (J Maines) - Markham & District (N Seaman) - Northop (T Wyss) - Penclawdd (DA Smith) - Pontardulais (A Jones) - Rogerstone (G O'Connor) - Thomas Coaches Mid Rhondda (A Gibbs) - Wrexham Brass (Newi) (W Rushton)

Sunday 19th March

4th Section - Draw : 10am, starts 11am
    Adjudicator : Malcolm Brownbill

Abergynolwyn (A Williams) - Crosskeys Silver (K Bowden) - Crwbin (A Jones) - Dyffryn Nantlle (S Massey) - Ebbw Vale Town (J Rooke) - Glynneath & District (J Thomas) - Goodwick Brass (G Ritter) - Gwaun Cae Gurwen (G Rhys Davies) - Gwernaffield (M Robinson) - Llwydcoed (A Davies) - Loughor (H Evans) - Newport Borough (M Davies) - Oakdale ( R Probyn) - Pontypool Brass (J Pippen) - Upper Rhondda (J Tanaka)

Championship Section - Draw : 1pm, starts after 4th section
    Adjudicator : David Read

Abergavenny (N Weeks) - Beaumaris (G Williams) - BTM (TBC) - Burry Port Town (M Thorne) - Buy As You View (Dr R Childs) - Cwmaman Institute (J Hudson) - Parc & Dare (C Roberts) - Tongwynlais Temperance (G Pritchard) - Tredegar (M Fowles) - Treherbert (G Sheppard)
    Last edited by Di; 14.03.2006 at 14:52.

Could somebody please clarify the Champ section qualification system for the Welsh area please? Seeing as only BAYV are pre-qualified this year is it them + 2 or them + 3 to go to London?

tMP Friend in Training tubaturk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tinytimp
    Could somebody please clarify the Champ section qualification system for the Welsh area please? Seeing as only BAYV are pre-qualified this year is it them + 2 or them + 3 to go to London?

Wishful thinking Miss Drums - it is BAYV + 2

I'm really looking forward to the contest now - just under two weeks ago. Still some work to do on Voyage - which we've enjoyed working on - but it's all coming together very nicely.

Also looks like the First Section may be down to 8 bands now, from the 10 that entered. Shame, would have been nice to compete in a full section in our first contest in the First Section for three years. Ah well.

First Section down to maybe 8?! Who is likely to drop out then? I am looking forward to Voyage, still work to be done but it is coming together....slowly. I think we have finally sorted our personnel and am waiting for Graham O' Connor to pull it apart next week!! Rehearsals Tuesday through to Saturday should be fun!!! However many entries actually turn up I'm sure it will be a good contest with some very evenly matched bands taking part. See you there, Dyl!!

I am a bit apprehensive about this years contest. Last years result was a real turning point for us we had a great season, but we just can't seem to pull together this year. We had a great rehearsal on Sunday but all the others have been terrible, with poor turn outs etc. Sunday's rehearsal was actually kind of a make-or-break rehearsal, as if we had had another bad turn out we would have pulled out. But we still have 6 rehearsals to go so anything can happen. I heared that we are favourites to win the 4th section, which is nice, but far from being a reality at the moment.

Somewhere between the gutter and the stars
    Good luck to all at Abergynolwyn Band, Aled, time to emulate younger bro's achievements, so we can see you in Harrogate in September!

tMP Friend in Training
    We didn't have a Band to go this year (first time we haven't gone to the Regional for over 20 years) but good luck to all the North Wales bands, and especially Menai Bridge, Conwy and Wrexham who are being helped out by our players.
    Val Fletcher (nee Hughes)

Retired Flugel in Exile!

tMP Senior Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by dyl
    Also looks like the First Section may be down to 8 bands now, from the 10 that entered. Shame, would have been nice to compete in a full section in our first contest in the First Section for three years. Ah well.
    So who else might be pulling out? Had heard a few weeks ago Llanrug were in danger of not going, no surprise really considering what happened to their bandroom, but a few people have now said they are going. I know its only rumours and nothing will be confirmed until the weekend.

Sorry to hear about Rhyl. Hope things get back on track soon.

Really looking forward to it (except for the coach journeys, but that's another topic ). Think this is the first area contest i've been to where the band is actually confident of putting in a good performance. 1st Section is going to be very tight this year - very interesting. Good luck to everyone that is attending - hope all of the N.Wales bands do well, and 1 or 2 of the S.Wales ones aswell

Hornblower RN said on another thread that Ammanford have pulled out, also heard that Treherbert have withdrawn from Championship, don't know how true it is though. We're still going at the moment unless we lose any more players to illness and holidays.
    Last edited by Deano; 15.03.2006 at 18:41.
    Deano

It was a shame to hear that Llanrug will not be attending the area this year. That was a fine band at one time! Anyway good luck to all the North Walien bands competing next weekend! see you there!( sorry my last post didn't make sense)Teachers 'ey!
    Rebecca
    Principal Cornet Llanrug Band

tMP Friend in Training Dave_the_Flugel's Avatar
    Really looking forward to the Regionals, first time we've (Cross Keys) been since 2003. The band is sounding pretty good at the moment but we know how tough it will be on the day. 4 more rehearsals to go and we'll be there !!
    Flugel Horn - Cross Keys Silver Band
    3rd Section Champion Band of Wales 2006 & 2007 - and Welsh Regional 4th Section Championships Champions 2007 & 2008.
    -----
    Winners Never Quit, Quitters Never Win
    *The views that I express are not neccesarilly those of Cross Keys Silver Band*

tMP Senior Friend Hornblower RN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano
    Hornblower RN said on another thread that Ammanford have pulled out, also heard that Treherbert have withdrawn from Championship, don't know how true it is though. We're still going at the moment unless we lose any more player to illness and holidays.
    Quite true....the band is down to half it's members at present.....it really is sad to see members jumping ship when when a little "shoring up" will prevent it sinking. To think we won the first prize in the 2nd division Nationals back in 2001 and look at us now!!
    Alan

Good luck to Buckley in the 2nd Section and to all the other North Wales bands that are making the long trip down to Swansea.

I'm going to be down there myself this year for the first time since I last played there with Point of Ayr in 2001 thanks to not having a clash of dates with the Area Contest that I now play in - so I'll cheer as many North Walians on as possible as well as having the odd sociable pint in the bar! Welai chi lawr yna!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz Wynne
    all the other North Wales bands that are making the long trip down to Swansea.
    Diolch Gaz! Get to have a bit of a lie-in this year, now that we've moved up a section! Only have to set off at 7.30am this time round, as opposed to 5am last year!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz Wynne
    Welai chi lawr yna!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast