Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Amazing to think that this time last year...

This time last year I was sat on this site moaning like hell about the adjudicator and this year I couldn't be more complimetary about the two guys at burton in the 3rd section (Mr Whitham and Mr Hope) did a good job
    Martin Musto
    Cornet Player and Conductor
    MD - Winchcombe Concert Brass
    Principal Cornet - AW Parker (Drybrook) Band
    http://www.drybrookband.co.uk
    Comments made are of the opinion of me and not my band

tMP Friend in Training Keith Lewis's Avatar
    This time last year was about to get my "I've contested in every section " badge and this time last year plus a few days I won my first contest.

and now I've got to go and work 34 hrs a day down mill, drink a cup of hot gravel, whilst licking road clean wit tongue(appologies to Mr Python)
    famous French fighter pilot

UP le 'Ead

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Lewis
    and now I've got to go and work 34 hrs a day down mill, drink a cup of hot gravel, whilst licking road clean wit tongue(appologies to Mr Python)
    Keith hasn't anyone told you the pit is closed and I've seen life of grime from bristol and they use a road sweeper now

Good Luck for Saturday
    Martin Musto
    Cornet Player and Conductor
    MD - Winchcombe Concert Brass
    Principal Cornet - AW Parker (Drybrook) Band
    http://www.drybrookband.co.uk
    Comments made are of the opinion of me and not my band

tMP Friend in Training

Wink

This time last year I was enjoying the trip of a lifetime to the New Zealand Nationals with United Co-op Yorkshire. What a fatastic experience both on and off the contest stage.

Talking

This time last year, I was feeling depressed about going down a section after the areas, and generally feeling ****ed off with playing Glen Miller Special every rehearsal in a band where no-one wanted to get any better! Was getting more and more desperate to go and have a crack at the big contests/concerts, rather than tiny, rubbish jobs in front of the same 20 people once a month. Even contemplated giving up playing completely as I felt the life was being sapped out of me with every rehearsal that went by...

Tons better now, though. Better concerts, contests and ambition. Life couldn't get any better. (Actually I'm lying - I could have won the lottery and finally realized my true occupation - 'Lady wot lunches'!)
    Growing more and more cynical with each passing minute...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2