Thread: Nominations: Award #18 - Bandsperson of the Year - tMP Service Award

Nominations: Award #18 - Bandsperson of the Year - tMP Service Award

Award #18 - Bandsperson of the Year - tMP Service Award

Please nominate who - in your opinion - has been the 'Bandsperson of the Year' during the last 12 months.

Please ensure you make absolutely clear who you nominate and why. Please state the reasons why you are nominating this person - it may be that they've done an extraordinary amount of work for your local band and/or community, or it may be that they've undertaken a major project on behalf of your band. Please give as much information as you can as to why you are nominating this particular person - it can only help when it comes to voting! We need to be absolutely clear about your nomination and your reasons. We may also need to contact you or the person nominated to gather more information.

To make your nomination, please simply reply to this thread or to nominate anonymously simply PM John, Roger, Dyl, Ian, Dinie, Peter, Neal or Rachel who will then add your nomination to the list.

This is the only award not to receive any nominations so far. Surely we all have someone we can nominate who is deserving of this award? This is your chance to promote the good things done by members of your band, committee etc.

Surely this is the category that Chris Doran fits for his services to Leyland. So thats a nomination from me.
    Midlands Regional Champions, 2nd Section - 2011

Well I'm going to nominate Will the Sec (again!) Compere at Hadleigh (so it appears!), wrote a fanfare for tMP and contributed, in The Ballad of the Wooden Flugel, a great piece for a great cause.
    Dave Payn
    Conductor, Arran Brass

tMP Posting Freak!!! DublinBass's Avatar
    Heck...I'll nominate myself since I serviced some 20+ bands this year, served on the committee at Welwyn and then redid my bands website back home here in the States.
    Eb Bass
    Dublin Community Bands
    http://www.facebook.com/DublinBands

Quote Originally Posted by BBCBass
    Heck...I'll nominate myself since I serviced some 20+ bands this year, served on the committee at Welwyn and then redid my bands website back home here in the States.
    I'll formally nominate you, Pat! You've done quite a bit of trekking during the past year, covering more contests than some do in a lifetime! Especially the transatlantic one to Harrogate via Glasgow! (... and that was after you moved back home to Ohio).
    It's not how you play ... it's the way how you play it!

tMP Banding Boffin Award 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, tMP Saddo Award 2007, tMP Best Picture Award 2008

My Public Domain Arrangements

Quote Originally Posted by brassneck
    I'll formally nominate you, Pat! You've done quite a bit of trekking during the past year, covering more contests than some do in a lifetime! Especially the transatlantic one to Harrogate via Glasgow! (... and that was after you moved back home to Ohio).
    You sure you don't mean "holding hands across the Atlantic?"
    Eb Bass
    Dublin Community Bands

Quote Originally Posted by BBCBass
    You sure you don't mean "holding hands across the Atlantic?"
    - you tell me! (... did U hide him in your suitcase?)

() ()

|_______|
    It's not how you play ... it's the way how you play it!

tMP Banding Boffin Award 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, tMP Saddo Award 2007, tMP Best Picture Award 2008

My Public Domain Arrangements

Quote Originally Posted by brassneck
    did U hide him in your suitcase?
    Nooooo!!!!

(but I think diana may have offered)

BACK ON TOPIC GENTLEMAN

(a peremptory moderatrion)
    Eb Bass
    Dublin Community Bands

tMP Friend in Training
    i'm gonna nominate you too Patrick, you'll always be welcome back at Johnstone.

(Next time you have to have a shot of the pole too tho!!! )

Laura

David Childs -Buy as You View Band
    Looking forward to 2013 with so much in stall

Ian (and others) - from the rules:

Quote Originally Posted by dyl
    Please state the reasons why you are nominating this person - it may be that they've done an extraordinary amount of work for your local band and/or community, or it may be that they've undertaken a major project on behalf of your band. Please give as much information as you can as to why you are nominating this particular person - it can only help when it comes to voting!
    Simply giving a name isn't enough...............................if you want your nominations to be selected for the shortlist, and susequently get voted for, you will have to provide some more information.

Briony Thompson from Stanhope Silver.

For the awesome things she has done to co-ordinate the Brass Band Aid CD and the other BBA events. It is an incredible accomplishment.
    Alexandra Kerwin