Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Brass Band Aid

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Thompson
    We arent sure how much everyone contributed in terms of CD sales and other related items, but it looks considerable.
    I would imagine that with your fantastic sales pitch Bob, you would have raised a considerable amount!

"Have you seen the God Father madam"!

Nice to meet you, Briony and the rest of the Gang. This is a great cause, and the dedication of the BBA Team is absolutely amazing. Looking forward to meeting you all again at Pontins.

Bba

It would appear that the.."Do you have a gerbil?"........."do you love it? Would you like it back?" sales technique had some effect after all!

We raised approximately £1800 at the weekend, which is just amazing, thank you very much for your support.

In addition to the sales, the response from the band members and supporters was wonderful, many bands offering to get involved in some shape or form. So, don’t forget, get in touch and let us know what you are up to for Brass Band Aid.

I would like to thank the other traders on the day, whose support was most appreciated, especially Rosehill and World of Brass, who directed a steady flow of mints and tuba shaped sweets to our stand!!

Special thanks must go to TOR Designs/Handleys, for their outstanding support, having donated a tailored table cloth, polo shirts for those manning the stand, Stand banners and a line of 'official Brass Band Aid' merchandise with the BBA embroided logo . It really gave the stand a professional look, even if the folk working on it didn’t!

Most of the traders made donations of some sort to BBA for an auction event to be held sometime in the New Year, so keep your eyes posted for that one, there will be some amazing stuff up for grabs.

Now then, I cant go with out (and its starting to sound like the flippin Oscars now) saying mega thank you’s to Clare from Just Brass and Travel Sphere Band, who worked her bu** off in the couple of days and nights, running up to Harrogate, preparing the new music composed for BBA by Alan fernie, African Funk, and of course our conductor Steve who was up till 3 am inputting it onto Sib.

Clare is a rare breed, (thank the lord!) Her motivation for BBA is second to none, and all for the price of a kebab, which I might add, she has not received as yet! She managed to have the music copied, packaged and superbly presented for the weekend, thank you……..but don’t get carried away Clare, there is always room for improvement!
    Oops I almost forgot, we still have your buckets!!

Thanks to everyone for your continued support, keep it going get involved it’s easy and it really is making a difference.
    Hope to see you all at Pontins.
    Cheers Bob.
    now then, where's that Gerbil got too.................!
    Bob Thompson
    Brass Band Aid
    Stanhope Silver Band

We raised approximately £1800 at the weekend, which is just amazing, thank you very much for your support.
    That's fantastic news Bob - well done.

Let's see if we can beat that amount when tMP collect for BBA at Pontins . . . .

Bba

You know, it’s so easy when one is making thank you's in the Oscar style, to forget perhaps the most important people!
    Well guess what.....................doh!!

I must thank Niki Bland and Philip Morris, Kapitol Promotions for their wonderful support for Brass Band Aid, since its inception.
    In particular, I would like to thank them both for their most recent assistance, the space in the trade hall and table they donated at the Nationals, Harrogate, in support of BBA.

Apologies for the earlier omission, I will have myself thrashed!
    Bob the Thrashed

Ps, should I forget to thank anyone in the future, please forgive me, the thankyou list is getting longer by the day!
    One can only be thrashed so many times you know!
    Bob Thompson
    Brass Band Aid
    Stanhope Silver Band

Don't worry Bob, you're forgiven...

Then you'd better be prepared to bend over take 6 of the best then Bob, haven't you forgotten someone else?
    Midlands Regional Champions, 2nd Section - 2011

Bba

Dinnie, stop tormenting me ,tell me please..I cant take the stress and neither can my rear!

Did I mention that Alan Fernie has composed a new piece of music for BBA, called African Funk?
    Only £12.00 available from Just Brass, its a nice little piece, Yorkshire Co op are playing it at their next concert on the 1st October. I would suggest all tMP's attend the concert for the premier, you know it makes sense. Anyone not attending, well............... have you seen the Godfather....we know where you live!

ps, is there somewhere better to advertise the music?

cheers
    the rather sore
    Bob
    Bob Thompson
    Brass Band Aid
    Stanhope Silver Band

Did I mention that Alan Fernie has composed a new piece of music for BBA, called African Funk?
    Those attending the Wychavon Contest this Sunday (2nd) will be able to purchase African Funk and the Brass Band Aid CD from tMP's and Thornes Music Trade Stands.

Dinnie, stop tormenting me ,tell me please..I cant take the stress and neither can my rear!

Only £12.00 available from Just Brass, its a nice little piece, Yorkshire Co op are playing it at their next concert on the 1st October. I would suggest all tMP's attend the concert for the premier, you know it makes sense. Anyone not attending, well............... have you seen the Godfather....we know where you live!

ps, is there somewhere better to advertise the music?

cheers
    the rather sore
    Bob
    "well Bob, it dosen't take much to fathom out where it's best to advertise for free... does it???"
    Midlands Regional Champions, 2nd Section - 2011

bba

xrtra Doh!
    Bob Thompson
    Brass Band Aid
    Stanhope Silver Band

Bba

Hello Tmp's,
    Last weekend we handed over the first cheque of 10 thousand pounds to world vision, at the Mineworlkers contest, Butilins.
    Just to let you know, amazing news, we have now passed our second 10 thousand pounds target, taking the total raised so far to over 20 thousand pounds.

This is a huge sum of money and will go a very long way in the building of the school.
    However, we cant stop here, we've only just begun, so go knock on your band commitees door and get them invlolved, concerts, collections raffles anything to raise the funds for the school. Together the Brass Band world is making a massive difference.
    MAny many many thanks to you all for your support.

Cheers
    BBA
    Bob Thompson
    Brass Band Aid
    Stanhope Silver Band

tMP Friend in Training
    check out this,
    http://www.marseille.dk/brass/default.html
    don't know why there hasn't been any details about this concert on here, very local to me!
    A pink pierced princess! Loved by few admired by many!

It should certainly be a good evening. Unfortunately, just as for the previous performance, I can't get there as we're in Reading with our songsters (choir). Apparently it's also Cup Final Day, so my West Ham supporting friend tells me!
    Peter Bale
    BBb bass, Hadleigh Temple Band
    Alto sax, Salvation Army Symphonic Wind Ensemble
    tMP band, Whit Friday 2004; tMP band, Hadleigh, April 2005

BBA Ethiopia

Hello Tmp
    Sorry I havent been on for a while but the time life balance has been somewhat mad in recent months. Anyway, I have spent the weekend updating the BBA website, which was a few weeks behind. Please have a look, and, if you are inclined leave a few comments in the comments section.
    Please dont forget to register your band for the Brass Band A'Live Aid week in May, there are some wonderful prizes on offer too. www.brassbandaid.com

Many thanks for your support
    Bob
    Bob Thompson
    Brass Band Aid
    Stanhope Silver Band

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4