Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The 1st magic 100 coming up ...

The 1st magic 100 coming up ...

Well, way beyond my wildest expectations, are we gonna make the magic 100th registered member sometime this weekend...? let's hope so.

Thankyou everyone for you support... much appreciated...

This weekend? More like today at this rate!

I'll be mentioning this site at rehearsal tonight... might hit 130 tomorrow morning!!
    Cheers,
    Fishsta
    www.fishsta.co.uk - (Updated 26th September 2012)
    -------------

I owe you BIG time Fishsta.... If we can get that many people registered from your band overnight tonight, well, it's e-drinks all round

Fishsta's da man!!!!

... perhaps I could introduce a points system... the more people you introduce, and the more posts you make, the more points you earn...!!! Shall have a think on that one...!! :?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMusicMan
    ... perhaps I could introduce a points system... the more people you introduce, and the more posts you make, the more points you earn...!!!
    are there prizes? logod t shirts and mugs and stuff??

Hi keppler

I am presently discussing 'promotional material' (car stickers, magnets, cups, sweat-shirts etc) with a supplier - this is the easy bit. What is not so easy is the implementation and development of a MOD for a points system. It is possible, but I'll have to do a bit more of an analysis into the costs and how much work/effort is involved to implement this type of scoring system...

I'll also need to cover costs somehow ...

hey, I wasn't overly serious..
    It is an interesting idea though - if the cost/effort/benefit ratio is right

Since we're talking points and prizes, I'll tell you about another forum I'm part of...

For a while they had a points structure. Basically, every post won you 5 points. Every post anybody made in a thread YOU had started earned you 3 points (I think). There was also the ability to "rate" posts. So if someone started posting lots of rubbish just to get more points, people could "disapprove" their posts, and they would lose a point for every disapproval. Anything significantly consructive could be "approved", and earned the poster another 10 points.

Points could be spent in the "store", where you could pay to change your avatar, your forum title, your nickname, someone elses forum title, purchase a "glow" for your nickname, and so on. You could also donate points to other users, and enter a "lottery" whereby you could win thousands of points.

Finally, if you had less than 0 points, you couldn't post at all.

Unfortunately, someone found a bug in the system, and they found they could rate posts more than once if they did it in a particular way. So, two people approved each others' posts multiple times, and they were suddenly the "richest" people on the forums. Then it all got tore down and put "back to basics" because it caused the webmaster lots problems with his SQL databases.

IMHO, I'd say that a forum should be a forum, and not a free for all points competition. Maybe it's a case of striking a balance.

I think promotional material is a great idea, though!
    Cheers,
    Fishsta
    -------------

96 registered so far - only 4 to go. Who will it be....?
    /home/me/ | Carlton Brass Website

*insert amusing signature here*

Three players registered on this site from Dunston Silver Band at mo,more to follow

Quote Originally Posted by Fishsta
    This weekend? More like today at this rate!

I'll be mentioning this site at rehearsal tonight... might hit 130 tomorrow morning!!
    ... I know where my money is...

dave Jake: that's just so good to hear. I really appreciate everyone's help here... thanks a million...

tMP Senior Friend

good so far

Hopefully even better in months to come
    Thanxs Spooky

THE QUESTION : " Who Can compete With Me ?"
    ANSWER IS : " No One Mate"

( Only Gives 110% )
    Solo Horn Cwmbran.

http://www.msndisplaypicsonline.tk/
    this is for you msn ppl. my mates site also a brass player.

P.S Bring On The Welsh Babes

This scene has the potential to become VERY big...

Is the Brass Band mailing list still going? I was on that about 5 years ago, but Compuserve introduced "Spam" filters that blocked the whole thing...

There was a HELL of a lot of people on that... I often received 120 emails every few hours. Maybe some (or all) of them will join here.
    Cheers,
    Fishsta
    -------------

Wehey... we've done it.

Congrats to AberEuph for becoming the 100th registered member of theMouthPiece.com

Thankyou everyone for your support...

Quote Originally Posted by Fishsta
    This scene has the potential to become VERY big...

Is the Brass Band mailing list still going? I was on that about 5 years ago, but Compuserve introduced "Spam" filters that blocked the whole thing...

There was a HELL of a lot of people on that... I often received 120 emails every few hours. Maybe some (or all) of them will join here.
    Fishsta - if we can get the message across to everyone that this is THE place to discuss Brass Band 'stuff', THE place to get concert/contest info, and most importantly THE place to meet great, like minded people - we're on the way...

Let's hope some of the members of that Compuserve list you elude to discover theMouthPiece.com.

Incidentally... let's encourage some more of this festive "avatar hat" spirit eh... If anyone wants an 'Avatar Xmas Hat' - see me or Fishsta...

Quote Originally Posted by TheMusicMan
    Incidentally... let's encourage some more of this festive "avatar hat" spirit eh... If anyone wants an 'Avatar Xmas Hat' - see me or Fishsta...

lol... yeah, why not?

It's not like I have anything else to do on a Saturday afternoon!

Actually, that's right... today I haven't...

Email 'em if you want 'em.... boneafish@aol.com
    Cheers,
    Fishsta
    -------------

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast