Page 175 of 180 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 2689

Thread: Liverpool Football Club

King Kennys SUPER REDS back at Wembley in May.

I wonder where Super Sop is anyone seen him
    Looking forward to 2013 with so much in stall

tMP Prime Friend brassbandmaestro's Avatar
    Well done done LFC! MrsBBM is well-pleased to!
    Timbeerland

Quote Originally Posted by brassbandmaestro View Post
    Well done done LFC! MrsBBM is well-pleased to!

Its all gone quiet Perksy!!!
    Are you hiding somewhere??
    Stella Johnson
    Ex Player

tMP Friend for Life Thirteen Ball's Avatar
    Must be hiding somewhere.

It's like that game 'where's Waldo' isn't it?

Is he in the champions league? (Shakes head)

Is he in the Europa? (Shakes head)

Is he in the trophy Cabinet? (Shakes head)

Is he in mid table obscurity..... Ah there you are!

Andi Cook: BBb Bass - Hebden Bridge
    Composer in Residence - Skelmanthorpe

Find me at www.penninemusic.com and www.kirkleesmusic.co.uk
    Got a piece you want arranging? Email thirteen_ball_music@yahoo.co.uk or tweet @13BallMusic to discuss...

Can Kenny do no wrong with Liverpool? What is the general feeling?

If I was a Liverpool fan I would be very disappointed this season. If it was any other manager I feel he would be on his bike, is he just living on past success??
    Stella Johnson
    Ex Player

Its finely poised for KD I think, the fact that he did well in the 2nd half of last season has meant he was always going to have this season to see how it goes. We won our first cup in 6 years, while our rivals look as though they'll finish with none, however in the league Liverpool have been shocking, but I think this is indicative of where Liverpool are now in the English game, we aren't a top 4 club, and haven't since Rafa went mental with the team 6 months before he left.

KD has spent to try and get a squad that compete BUT he's paying the price for signing English flops, Henderson, Downing, Carroll etc, just look at the top teams, they are built around foreign talent, for the 70-80 million wasted on those 3 I mentioned we could have had some truly worldclass players.

Personally I think KD has had his time and has (for the most part) done what he was brought in to do, steady the ship. But we need someone fresh with a different approach who can take the club back to the next level, the backing from the owner is clearly there for any manager, and once you get rid of the deadwood, there are some decent players at Liverpool to work with.

I'm optimistic for next season regardless what happens with the manager, but we need a proven goalscorer and a quality defensive midfielder.
    Andy Griffiths

Solo Euph - Jayess Newbiggin Band

Andy, you just described EXACTLY what Kenny did at Newcastle. Took Genuine title contenders, bought in a load of very average players at overinflated prices and managed to guide them from 2nd in the table to a stunning 13th.....

I really don't know why people rate him so highly. The title he won at blackburn was a very long time ago, the football was dull and passionless, and with Shearer and Sutton hitting form like that at the same time the team picked itself. The owner, Jack Walker had already done all the hard work.

Got a piece you want arranging? Email thirteen_ball_music@yahoo.co.uk or tweet @13BallMusic to discuss...

Nope;
    Just waiting to see what comments come on here;
    Myself i still think KD is the best man for the job and would be sorry to see him go ;Ok so the finger as been pointed but its the players on the pitch who are at fault ;
    Spearing was to blame for 1st goal on Saturday he just looks so insecure every time he gest the ball;
    Henderson waste of time and not much time for Downing.
    Lucas as been misssed through injury
    Carroll came on and changed the game on Saturday ;just a pity we did not play like that in the first half after we had scored.
    I hope ive not spoke to soon but
    LIVERPOOL 1 MANCHESTER UNITED 0
    and i dont mean a score either

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Euph View Post

Personally I think KD has had his time and has (for the most part) done what he was brought in to do, steady the ship. But we need someone fresh with a different approach who can take the club back to the next level, the backing from the owner is clearly there for any manager, and once you get rid of the deadwood, there are some decent players at Liverpool to work with.
    Who do you suggest Andy to take over from KD?

Quote Originally Posted by ian perks View Post
    its the players on the pitch who are at fault
    Kenny Dalglish has bought bad players, I don't think Andy Carroll (I know we pick on him alot) is suited to the way Liverpool play. I asked the question because whenever Liverpool win you always say well done King Kenny boys. You don't seem to have alot of time for the players he has got in so. So is it Kenny's past success with the club? I'm not suggesting he should be sacked, but I just don't understand why you think he's so great and can do no wrong?
    Stella Johnson
    Ex Player

Andy Carrol is one of the best headers of the ball in the league. An old-fashioned number nine who likes to hang on the shoulder of the last defender, and will bury any ball whipped in behind the back four..... And he's up-front in a team who play without wingers.

What does that tell you about how far Kenny thinks ahead when he's buying a player?

He payed 3.5m for Des Hamilton, who no-one had ever heard of, and he was one of the worst players ever to pull on the black and white. When quizzed why he bought him, Kenny responded that the team needed a defensive minded midfielder to shore things up in the middle..... yet we already had David Batty!

I don't rate him. Never have, never will.

As for who liverpool should get instead? I hear Fabio Capello is free. And he is astronomically better than the england job made him look.

tMP Friend for Life Will the Sec's Avatar
    Come on you Irons! (Sorry, wrong thread.)
    Will Elsom

My Score Exchange Site

A man once accused of being able to write a melody...

A wise man once said, "Pointing out a fallacy in someone's argument is not the same as pedantically and persistently pushing it down someone's throat whilst completely ignoring other points that are made."

Quote Originally Posted by ian perks View Post
    Who do you suggest Andy to take over from KD?
    Guardiola

Seriously though i've no idea to be honest. There are a couple I like, but they'd never come to England, and I don't think the fans would want them either. (Bob Bradley & Marcelo Bielsa)

We've got to improve dramatically though next year, I agree that Lucas was a miss and Gerrard was out for a long time but the 100million+ incomers should have stepped up to the plate, but its painfully obvious that most aren't good enough for the PL. If he's got the money to spend again, he needs to get rid of Henderson and Carroll and go after a solid defensive midfielder, a proven goalscorer and a forward thinking midfielder, Jeremy Toulalan, Iker Muniain & Klauss Huntelaar would fit the bill perfectly and are players that would warrant spending that much money on! I think it speaks volumes that our best signing (apart from Saurez) was Bellamy on a free.

KD won't get the sack, but if we start poorly next season I reckon he'll be moved back upstairs, the only problem is that'd leave us in exactly the same position we were in a year and a half ago.

P.S. If it came to it I wouldn't mind the return of Rafa.
    Andy Griffiths

Solo Euph - Jayess Newbiggin Band

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Euph View Post
    P.S. If it came to it I wouldn't mind the return of Rafa.
    You might not, but I think Rafa probably would.....

Page 175 of 180 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... LastLast