- Hello! I'm a student at York St John, studying music, and after playing guitar/strings (electric, bass, acoustic, mandolin, banjo and classical) and percussion for over 10 years, my fiancee got me hooked on brass bands about 3 years ago, by teaching me a few pieces on her tenor horn.
This didn't start so well, due to an old lip injury, but I persevered, increasing instrument size until I settled on bass (mainly EEb, but have been talked into playing BBb from time to time). Along the way, I picked up trombone, and play for my own amusement, though noone else seems to look happy when I get it out - but bass is my main instrument now, and just enjoy everything about it, especially being so key to the brass band sound, but above all, the chance to work with a fantastic section!
- York, UK
- Playing guitar and pushing myself on tuba, attempting to learn pieces way beyond my capability.
- Band / Organisation:
- York Railway Institute Band
- Eb Bass
- Regional Area:
- North of England
- Previous Playing Experience:
- 2012: Parr St Helens (Training Band) - 1st Baritone
2012/13: Simply Brass (Scarborough) - 1st Baritone
2013: Malton White Star Band - EEb Bass
2013 onward: York Railway Institute Band - EEb Bass
2013 onward : York St John Concert Orchestra - Tuba
Depped for bands in and around York on EEb & BBb bass, including York Theatre Royal Band (a scratch band for Brassed Off!), YRIB (on BBb), Shepherd Group Concert Band, Stape Silver Band and Ebor Brass (York).
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Last Activity
- 23.10.2014 00:57
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2