- Hello! I'm a student at York St John, studying music, and after playing guitar/strings (electric, bass, acoustic, mandolin, banjo and classical) and percussion for over 10 years, my fiancee got me hooked on brass bands about 3 years ago, by teaching me a few pieces on her tenor horn.
This didn't start so well, due to an old lip injury, but I persevered, increasing instrument size until I settled on bass (mainly EEb, but have been talked into playing BBb from time to time). Along the way, I picked up trombone, and play for my own amusement, though noone else seems to look happy when I get it out - but bass is my main instrument now, and just enjoy everything about it, especially being so key to the brass band sound, but above all, having the chance to work with a fantastic section!
- York, UK
- Playing guitar and pushing myself on tuba, attempting to learn pieces way beyond my capability.
- Band / Organisation:
- York Railway Institute Band
- Eb Bass
- Regional Area:
- North of England
- Previous Playing Experience:
- 2012: Parr St Helens (Training Band) - 1st Baritone
2012/13: Simply Brass (Scarborough) - 1st Baritone
2013: Malton White Star Band - EEb Bass
2014 onward: York Railway Institute Band - EEb Bass
2013 onward : York St John Concert & Wind Bands - Tuba
Depped for bands in and around York on EEb & BBb bass, including York Theatre Royal Band (a scratch band for Brassed Off!), YRIB (on BBb), Shepherd Group Concert Band, Stape Silver Band, Driffield Silver Band and Ebor Brass (York). Played in various ensembles at university, including quintet, fanfare and folk groups.
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Last Activity
- 11.12.2014 13:08
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2