• Cookies

We use cookies in relation to certain areas of theMouthPiece website. Cookies are files which store information on your hard drive or browser which means that we can recognise that you have visited the Site before. Cookies can make it easier for you to maintain your preferences on the Site.

We use several types of cookie:
    • Login session cookie: When you log in to the site, we set a cookie to remember your login status. This cookie is deleted from your computer when you log out of the website, or close down your browser.
    • Persistent login cookie: When you log in, if you tick the 'remember me' box, we set a persistent cookie so that next time you visit the website, we can automatically log you in.
    • Functional cookies: the vBulletin software sets certain cookies to enhance the user experience and to remember various settings.

You can, should you choose, disable the cookies from your browser and delete all cookies currently stored on your computer. If you do this, you will not be able to log in to the site, and you will experience much reduced functionality.

By using this site, you agree we can set and use cookies.
  • Recent Activity Widget

metalminions

Green Christmas Praise Books

Thread Starter: metalminions

Does anyone know of anywhere/anyone that may be looking to sell a copy of the sop part for the green Christmas carols books? I know they've been discontinued, but it's very frustrating not having a copy as i'm constantly carrying around two cornets! If anyone could give me a lead I'd be eternally...

Last Post By: kiwiinoz Today, 04:40 Go to last post
    Bbmad

Moving up the sections with one band

Thread Starter: Bbmad

Has anyone here as a player or MD ever moved up the sections, from say 4th to 1st or even Champ Section with the same band? If so: How long did it take? How many original players from the 4th section made it? How was it financed/was it sustainable? Was the sense of achievement greater than...

Last Post By: 08cbinns Today, 01:53 Go to last post
    LadyBrassBand

Women in Brass Bands

Thread Starter: LadyBrassBand

Hello I have been following this forum for a while and feel compelled to ask a few questions. There has been a lot of talk about attracting young people to the movement, a bit of a debate about contests vs concerts and yet as far as I can see there is no mention at all of the fact that women...

Last Post By: stevetrom Today, 01:24 Go to last post
    PeterBale

Tune Association Thread 3

Thread Starter: PeterBale

Having locked the previous thread, here we go again: Come follow the band

Last Post By: wife divine Yesterday, 22:13 Go to last post
    Phil3822

Tried a different Cornet today...

Thread Starter: Phil3822

Hi all, I am a bit of a collector of things I like and I came across a very good deal on an old B&H Westminster (Imported) model. The person selling it was local knowing nothing about brass. Anyway, as the price offered I negotiated a little and was happy so got it. I have a John Packer 371...

Last Post By: Phil3822 Yesterday, 17:15 Go to last post
  • Recent Forum Posts

kiwiinoz

Green Christmas Praise Books

Maybe I am a dinosaur but I really miss the green Carol book. I'm sure that has been a topic of conversation here before. Hard to identify new numbers

kiwiinoz Today, 04:40 Go to last post
    08cbinns

Moving up the sections with one band

Im pretty sure Milnrow shot up form the 4th to championship section (96-05/6?). Many of them are still playing with the band now!

08cbinns Today, 01:53 Go to last post
    stevetrom

Women in Brass Bands

Women have breasts, men have willys, we are built differently.

women and men do, generally , think differently. Men are more logical

stevetrom Today, 01:24 Go to last post
    owain_s

Women in Brass Bands

Where is your evidence that women are 'built differently or that they 'think differently' in a way which makes them less capable as a brass bander?

owain_s Yesterday, 23:39 Go to last post
    2nd tenor

Women in Brass Bands

The OP must be having a good laugh. Shame on her(?) for devalue-ing what the Ladies bring to banding.

Well done Steve Trom. Nice to 'see'

2nd tenor Yesterday, 23:30 Go to last post