• Cookies

We use cookies in relation to certain areas of theMouthPiece website. Cookies are files which store information on your hard drive or browser which means that we can recognise that you have visited the Site before. Cookies can make it easier for you to maintain your preferences on the Site.

We use several types of cookie:
    • Login session cookie: When you log in to the site, we set a cookie to remember your login status. This cookie is deleted from your computer when you log out of the website, or close down your browser.
    • Persistent login cookie: When you log in, if you tick the 'remember me' box, we set a persistent cookie so that next time you visit the website, we can automatically log you in.
    • Functional cookies: the vBulletin software sets certain cookies to enhance the user experience and to remember various settings.

You can, should you choose, disable the cookies from your browser and delete all cookies currently stored on your computer. If you do this, you will not be able to log in to the site, and you will experience much reduced functionality.

By using this site, you agree we can set and use cookies.
  • Recent Activity Widget

DS2014

New Geneva Mentor Cornet

Thread Starter: DS2014

Just read the advert for the new range of Geneva instruments over on 4BR. It's supposed to be a transitory cornet option between the student/intermediate range of instruments and the professional range. But at 1,295 it seems a rather expensive transitory step: a brand new JP371 cornet can be had...

Last Post By: DS2014 Today, 11:21 Go to last post
    baritone impresario

Bands and politics

Thread Starter: baritone impresario

Should bands accept money from anybody / organisation even if they are short of cash? Just come across an article on a far right website and it shows one of the countries top bands accepting 500 from the BNP. The article is from 2011 but is still there on Google for all to see. I just wondered...

Last Post By: Gadgie Yesterday, 22:02 Go to last post
    m.f.cooper

New Moulded Cases (Eb Bass)

Thread Starter: m.f.cooper

Hello tMp I have a very old tuba (1920s Boosey & Co.) whose original case has completely collapsed into nothing-ness. I would love to find a way of getting a proper moulded hardcase, with wheels!! Does anyone know of a company or individual who does this kind of thing? Cheers!

Last Post By: Cornet Nev. Yesterday, 21:09 Go to last post
    Feefee

The one vowel thread!

Thread Starter: Feefee

Right, you have 2 think of a word with only one vowel in it and the rest has to be obviously consonants! And the added trick is they have to be associated with the word before! For example: Sad I leave the next one 2 sumone else!

Last Post By: Magic Flute Yesterday, 20:18 Go to last post
    Bob Sherunkle

A-Z of letters of the alphabet

Thread Starter: Bob Sherunkle

Lets get to work! A

Last Post By: Magic Flute Yesterday, 20:17 Go to last post
  • Recent Forum Posts

DS2014

New Geneva Mentor Cornet

Thanks for the links, but you won't find many Getzen, John Packer, or Smith-Watkins cornets knocking about compared to the number of Besson and Yamaha.

DS2014 Today, 11:21 Go to last post
    2nd tenor

New Geneva Mentor Cornet

Yamaha/Besson do seem to have a duopoly in terms of supplying a full range (across the band) of high quality instruments but other suppliers are available

2nd tenor Today, 08:38 Go to last post
    dizzystinker

Vacancies Horsham Borough Band

Horsham Borough have vacancies for the following :

Tenor Trombone,
    Bass Trombone,
    Percussionists

Lead by

dizzystinker Today, 08:24 Go to last post
    Gadgie

Bands and politics

Bands need money to survive and we accept it from all sorts of different sources. The Cooperative movement has provided substantial funds over the years

Gadgie Yesterday, 22:02 Go to last post
    Cornet Nev.

New Geneva Mentor Cornet

I personally tend to agree with you on the viability of such an instrument at that price. As you say, second hand pro models sell at around that price

Cornet Nev. Yesterday, 21:21 Go to last post