• Welcome back to the re-opened tMP

Welcome back!

Well... after much trouble and strife, and what seems an age - at long last we're back.

Sincere apologies to you all for the major outage, but you'll be pleased to know we are running on a new server, with new software and there will be no more security issues, or virus's for anyone - we're back, and we're clean.

vB4
    You will most likely notice that we are on a new version of the software that powers tMP, which is the very latest incarnation of vBulletin vB 4.1.5 - so you might have to take some time to familiarise yourselves with the controls and settings are etc... I am still working my way through it all and finding this out by the way!

If you have any issues, or if you you spot something that is missing from before or is currently not working well, please post this in the How-to forum, and we will do our best to fix it - though given the items we already have listed to fix, this might take a little time.

So, many thanks to you all for hanging in there, and my sincere apologies for the outage.

To continue to the forums, click on the 'Forum' tab in the bar near the top of the screen, or follow this link.

John
  • Recent Activity Widget

thepublican

Tuning pitch

Thread Starter: thepublican

Hi, in general what pitch (not note) do brass band tune to? Is it the equivalent to A=440hz that symphony orchestras tune to? Or is it slightly higher or lower? Many thanks.

Last Post By: katieeuph Today, 21:45 Go to last post
    Born Again Hovis Man

Looking for 2nd hand Cornet

Thread Starter: Born Again Hovis Man

Preferable something with a main tuning slide trigger. I'm in LSC area and would like to try before I buy Cheers

Last Post By: Born Again Hovis Man Today, 19:42 Go to last post
    TooLoud

Difficult to play cornet

Thread Starter: TooLoud

I have a Besson Prestige cornet and although it makes a good sound, it is really hard to play. Intonation is really poor, my lips get sore very quickly and I struggle with high notes. I have played other cornets and they are much easier to play (both easier on the lips and don't need much...

Last Post By: B.Portas Today, 18:54 Go to last post
    Middleton Band

Middleton Band vacancies

Thread Starter: Middleton Band

A vacancy has arisen for a Musical Director with this 2nd section band following the mutual decision to part company with Matt Stringer. The band would like to thank Matt for all his commitment over the years and wish him well for the future. The band is very active and is always looking to...

Last Post By: Middleton Band Today, 15:43 Go to last post
    blue steel

Australian Nationals: Live Broadcast this Easter long weekend

Thread Starter: blue steel

Hi Bandies, Hope you're all well. I'll be doing a free, HD live stream of the Australian Nationals. We start tomorrow at 8am Brisbane time (GMT + 10). You can check it all out in glistening, spine tingling and hair-raising High Definition on www.brassbanned.com If you'd like to keep slightly...

Last Post By: LynneW Today, 12:54 Go to last post
  • Recent Forum Posts

katieeuph

Tuning pitch

Eh?? Firstly. your reply comes over as being a tad rude (whether or not that was your intention). Secondly, if you're after a debate full of academic

katieeuph Today, 21:45 Go to last post
    Brass Band Drummer

Tuning pitch

That is exactly the type of debate to which I wish to contribute, and which I hoped I would be starting. A joke among peers is one thing, but this kind

Brass Band Drummer Today, 21:30 Go to last post
    fartycat

Perc for sale including Premier Concert bass drum

Premier Concert bass drum, flight cases and assorted other perc for sale raising money for Woodfalls Band.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/the-real-f...p2047675.l2562

fartycat Today, 20:48 Go to last post
    Born Again Hovis Man

I fully understand that and its actually nice to see somebody do the 'right' thing. Hopefully Gerry is about for me to try and hopefully buy after the

Born Again Hovis Man Today, 19:42 Go to last post
    monody

For those of you that have asked, sorry but you'll need to negotiate with Gerry.

As for the age, I bought it new from John Packer in August

monody Today, 19:33 Go to last post