• Welcome back to the re-opened tMP

Welcome back!

Well... after much trouble and strife, and what seems an age - at long last we're back.

Sincere apologies to you all for the major outage, but you'll be pleased to know we are running on a new server, with new software and there will be no more security issues, or virus's for anyone - we're back, and we're clean.

vB4
    You will most likely notice that we are on a new version of the software that powers tMP, which is the very latest incarnation of vBulletin vB 4.1.5 - so you might have to take some time to familiarise yourselves with the controls and settings are etc... I am still working my way through it all and finding this out by the way!

If you have any issues, or if you you spot something that is missing from before or is currently not working well, please post this in the How-to forum, and we will do our best to fix it - though given the items we already have listed to fix, this might take a little time.

So, many thanks to you all for hanging in there, and my sincere apologies for the outage.

To continue to the forums, click on the 'Forum' tab in the bar near the top of the screen, or follow this link.

John
  • Recent Activity Widget

sugarandspice

Dr Charles Collins.....

Thread Starter: sugarandspice

.....Advanced lip Flexibilities (trumpet) Has anyone else used this book? I have always practiced with the Ridgen book, "how brass players do it" but only recently (last week) started to get to grips with this book, and its fantastic! I can already notice a vast improvement in my range and...

Last Post By: toby hobson Today, 09:58 Go to last post
    ploughboy

Leicester Contest 2014 - Timing Issues. . .

Thread Starter: ploughboy

Has anyone else going to this contest had a close look at the timings in the hall that is to hold UnRegistered, 4th, 3rd & 2nd sections in a day?! The timing sheet shows the contest starting at 8.45am with 44 bands due to take the stage. We are in the 2nd section, and without revealing the...

Last Post By: ploughboy Today, 00:05 Go to last post
    John Brooks

2014 Nationals

Thread Starter: John Brooks

Discussion re the Nationals on Saturday seems quiet; am I wrong? The piece sounds as though it will be popular with bands and audience and I would love to be there to experience it all. That, unfortunately is not possible so I'll be monitoring 4BarsRest throughout the day. Does anyone know if...

Last Post By: John Brooks Yesterday, 18:54 Go to last post
    steve butler

crosswords

Thread Starter: steve butler

Just put a cryptic response to word ass. thread which has given me the idea for a new (to me) game. I suggest a word, the next poster responds with a clue (as in crossword) for that word, then adds the next word. e.g. soprano - mafiosi cornet player :tup ok? starter for ten Mouthpiece

Last Post By: wife divine Yesterday, 14:08 Go to last post
    PeterBale

Tune Association Thread 3

Thread Starter: PeterBale

Having locked the previous thread, here we go again: Come follow the band

Last Post By: wife divine Yesterday, 13:53 Go to last post
  • Recent Forum Posts

toby hobson

Dr Charles Collins.....

It’s a great book for its time. I used it a lot at college. Although my propensity was to do far too much and if it’s too much you want then

toby hobson Today, 09:58 Go to last post
    ploughboy

Yup, that's how it reads to me too, if the LBBA have listened to the bands and tried to arrange a better configuration that is great news, however we

ploughboy Today, 00:05 Go to last post
    Euphonium Lite

Incidentally the other hall starts 15 mins later and finishes an hour and a half earlier according to the sheet despite having 13 bands fewer (nearly

Euphonium Lite Yesterday, 23:39 Go to last post
    Euphonium Lite

We're going in the 4th section, and looking at our info the unregistered section IS in the same hall as 4th etc -
    Unreg (9 bands) - 845 start,

Euphonium Lite Yesterday, 23:27 Go to last post
    lawrence martin

According to the LBBA website http://www.lbba.org.uk/events.htm (presuming it is up to date), the unregistered section play in a different hall, to

lawrence martin Yesterday, 19:11 Go to last post