• Welcome back to the re-opened tMP

Welcome back!

Well... after much trouble and strife, and what seems an age - at long last we're back.

Sincere apologies to you all for the major outage, but you'll be pleased to know we are running on a new server, with new software and there will be no more security issues, or virus's for anyone - we're back, and we're clean.

vB4
    You will most likely notice that we are on a new version of the software that powers tMP, which is the very latest incarnation of vBulletin vB 4.1.5 - so you might have to take some time to familiarise yourselves with the controls and settings are etc... I am still working my way through it all and finding this out by the way!

If you have any issues, or if you you spot something that is missing from before or is currently not working well, please post this in the How-to forum, and we will do our best to fix it - though given the items we already have listed to fix, this might take a little time.

So, many thanks to you all for hanging in there, and my sincere apologies for the outage.

To continue to the forums, click on the 'Forum' tab in the bar near the top of the screen, or follow this link.

John
  • Recent Activity Widget

DS2014

Breathing Devices - opinions

Thread Starter: DS2014

Hi all, have been doing a bit of reading recently about Arnold Jacobs and his teachings about breathing and air support. His innovation in teaching, it seems, was to introduce breathing devices into his teaching methods and into the practice routines of his students. Does anyone have any...

Last Post By: Bob Sherunkle Today, 10:49 Go to last post
    mark_euph

Boosey & Hawkes (Besson) Round Stamp Euphonium

Thread Starter: mark_euph

Hi guys, I am looking for honest and fair valuations for the Euphonium. It's serial number is 655673 for anyone who wants to search for it. I'll attach a few photos of the instrument. It's older than me and has had some good use over the years, but unfortunately due to dwindling numbers and the...

Last Post By: cshimmon Today, 09:26 Go to last post
    Mr N N Fixer

Be cruel to be kind.

Thread Starter: Mr N N Fixer

You hear some funny stories relating to incidents that take place, sometimes in rehearsals and sometimes on stage, in concerts and in contests. I heard a good one the other day about some old guy who's trombone slide ended up half way across the band room. He obviously got a bit too excited about...

Last Post By: iancwilx Yesterday, 16:26 Go to last post
    MoominDave

The perfect test piece

Thread Starter: MoominDave

What makes the perfect test piece? What test pieces have you loved playing, and why? What test pieces have you hated playing, and why? What things in a piece turn you off it? Are there pieces that you've taken for or against straight away, but then changed your mind on as rehearsals have...

Last Post By: Anno Draconis Yesterday, 15:10 Go to last post
    Mr N N Fixer

North west areas 2015.

Thread Starter: Mr N N Fixer

Who's going, and is anyone prepared to make a few predictions ? As a long time follower I really miss Paddy Flower and his offerings. All comments will be welcome. Bye bye for now. Mr Fixer.

Last Post By: Mr N N Fixer Yesterday, 12:04 Go to last post
  • Recent Forum Posts

Bob Sherunkle

By the way

I knew a girl once who could fire a ping pong ball a considerable distance.

Hopeless on the baritone however

Bob Sherunkle Today, 10:49 Go to last post
    Bob Sherunkle

image.jpg

Dear B***d

Was the suggestion that you wore it on your head ?

Bob Sherunkle Today, 10:47 Go to last post
    cshimmon

Hi I also have a 1981 sovereign that I'm interested in selling but I have no idea of valuation, if this one is already sold, give me a shout!

cshimmon Today, 09:26 Go to last post
    Anglo Music Press

OT. Indeed, but he only had about one lung's capacity, owing to a childhood illness, so the detailed study of breathing was a speciality of his.

Anglo Music Press Today, 08:58 Go to last post
    sheilakey

Is this still for sale? I know someone looking for a 1980's Euph!

sheilakey Yesterday, 23:48 Go to last post