• Welcome back to the re-opened tMP

Welcome back!

Well... after much trouble and strife, and what seems an age - at long last we're back.

Sincere apologies to you all for the major outage, but you'll be pleased to know we are running on a new server, with new software and there will be no more security issues, or virus's for anyone - we're back, and we're clean.

vB4
    You will most likely notice that we are on a new version of the software that powers tMP, which is the very latest incarnation of vBulletin vB 4.1.5 - so you might have to take some time to familiarise yourselves with the controls and settings are etc... I am still working my way through it all and finding this out by the way!

If you have any issues, or if you you spot something that is missing from before or is currently not working well, please post this in the How-to forum, and we will do our best to fix it - though given the items we already have listed to fix, this might take a little time.

So, many thanks to you all for hanging in there, and my sincere apologies for the outage.

To continue to the forums, click on the 'Forum' tab in the bar near the top of the screen, or follow this link.

John
  • Recent Activity Widget

nighttempla

What bands are playing at Butlins?

Thread Starter: nighttempla

??

Last Post By: Ianroberts Today, 21:25 Go to last post
    EbEwan

Bass Mouthpieces

Thread Starter: EbEwan

Does anybody out there have experience of Giddings and Webster mouthpieces? If so, any idea which shank size would be most suitable for a Sovereign?

Last Post By: DocFox Today, 19:10 Go to last post
    Bbmad

Pencils

Thread Starter: Bbmad

What pencils do people use at rehearsals? My preference is for a classic HB. Does anyone out there have any particular preference themselves? Is it better to carry a separate eraser? And does anyone take the time to customise them? Does everyone in the band have a pencil, or are they communal? ...

Last Post By: DocFox Today, 19:03 Go to last post
    DocFox

Sibelius First Question

Thread Starter: DocFox

I own Sibelius, and Finale. But I use Sibelius First most of the time. I have a question (I hope this is the right place to post such a question). How do you get a score to play in concert pitch? If you just put in instruments, like tenor horn, it automatically makes it in Eb. That is great if...

Last Post By: DocFox Today, 17:48 Go to last post
    PeterBale

Tune Association Thread 3

Thread Starter: PeterBale

Having locked the previous thread, here we go again: Come follow the band

Last Post By: mikelyons Today, 09:22 Go to last post
  • Recent Forum Posts

Ianroberts

To be honest I dont give a flying one about the top section ! it was a cracking weekend for us in the w**ker sections, with entertainment of a pretty

Ianroberts Today, 21:25 Go to last post
    DocFox

Tragic Death of Gwyn Press

That is tragic. Age 48? I about died at that age but I was in a severe car accident. A heart attack at such a young age? Unfortunately, that is VERY

DocFox Today, 21:13 Go to last post
    DocFox

Bass Mouthpieces

I have a Tuba chart that might help. You will like the Stainless Steel (at least I do) -- it is very smooth.

Chart: http://www.allbrassradio.com/page3/index.html

DocFox Today, 19:10 Go to last post
    DocFox

Pencils

Interesting enough, there is a "glasses" icon available in Sibelius. Composers can add these glasses so players will watch (like major key

DocFox Today, 19:03 Go to last post
    owain_s

OK, fair enough.

owain_s Today, 18:59 Go to last post