• Welcome back to the re-opened tMP

Welcome back!

Well... after much trouble and strife, and what seems an age - at long last we're back.

Sincere apologies to you all for the major outage, but you'll be pleased to know we are running on a new server, with new software and there will be no more security issues, or virus's for anyone - we're back, and we're clean.

vB4
    You will most likely notice that we are on a new version of the software that powers tMP, which is the very latest incarnation of vBulletin vB 4.1.5 - so you might have to take some time to familiarise yourselves with the controls and settings are etc... I am still working my way through it all and finding this out by the way!

If you have any issues, or if you you spot something that is missing from before or is currently not working well, please post this in the How-to forum, and we will do our best to fix it - though given the items we already have listed to fix, this might take a little time.

So, many thanks to you all for hanging in there, and my sincere apologies for the outage.

To continue to the forums, click on the 'Forum' tab in the bar near the top of the screen, or follow this link.

John
  • Recent Activity Widget

Elwood

Advice on BBflat Bass

Thread Starter: Elwood

This might seem a bit of an unusual request for advice, however. I play Tenor Horn in a small community band which is struggling to find a BBflat Bass player. As there are four horn players, we’ve been asked if one of us might like to try the BBflat Bass. I’m considering taking up the “challenge”...

Last Post By: Adamskied Today, 00:36 Go to last post
    Bbmad

Brass In Concert Draw

Thread Starter: Bbmad

Is it fair that Grimethorpe and Cory have been given a second half draw due to them performing at the Festival of Brass and Voices the night before? Surely the little darlings would get the chance to have a snooze on the bus on the way up the A1?

Last Post By: MrBaritone Yesterday, 17:32 Go to last post
    PeterBale

Tune Association Thread 3

Thread Starter: PeterBale

Having locked the previous thread, here we go again: Come follow the band

Last Post By: mikelyons Yesterday, 07:03 Go to last post
  • Recent Forum Posts

Adamskied

Advice on BBflat Bass

Ever heard Dean Morley play a BBb?

He can make a BBb sound better than nearly all EEb players.

One of our BBB players did a

Adamskied Today, 00:36 Go to last post
    stevetrom

Advice on BBflat Bass

Physically BBb bass is the most challenging instrument in a brass band, I have played all of them except Eb Sop and Flugel.

technically it

stevetrom Today, 00:27 Go to last post
    nethers

Endorsers, why so many?

I just know that in the unlikely event that someone wants to give me a free trombone and put a page on their website presenting me as a modern musical

nethers Yesterday, 23:36 Go to last post
    MrBaritone

Endorsers, why so many?

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed how so many people from the brass band movement are now Besson, Geneva, Yamaha or Sterling artists? It's almost

MrBaritone Yesterday, 21:58 Go to last post
    owain_s

Advice on BBflat Bass

If in doubt, frown at the slides for a moment, then move one of them. Nobody will have a clue what you actually did.

owain_s Yesterday, 21:47 Go to last post