• Welcome back to the re-opened tMP

Welcome back!

Well... after much trouble and strife, and what seems an age - at long last we're back.

Sincere apologies to you all for the major outage, but you'll be pleased to know we are running on a new server, with new software and there will be no more security issues, or virus's for anyone - we're back, and we're clean.

vB4
    You will most likely notice that we are on a new version of the software that powers tMP, which is the very latest incarnation of vBulletin vB 4.1.5 - so you might have to take some time to familiarise yourselves with the controls and settings are etc... I am still working my way through it all and finding this out by the way!

If you have any issues, or if you you spot something that is missing from before or is currently not working well, please post this in the How-to forum, and we will do our best to fix it - though given the items we already have listed to fix, this might take a little time.

So, many thanks to you all for hanging in there, and my sincere apologies for the outage.

To continue to the forums, click on the 'Forum' tab in the bar near the top of the screen, or follow this link.

John
  • Recent Activity Widget

LadyBrassBand

Women in Brass Bands

Thread Starter: LadyBrassBand

Hello I have been following this forum for a while and feel compelled to ask a few questions. There has been a lot of talk about attracting young people to the movement, a bit of a debate about contests vs concerts and yet as far as I can see there is no mention at all of the fact that women...

Last Post By: simonbassbone Today, 07:16 Go to last post
    BrianT

So you think you know Arban...

Thread Starter: BrianT

I've been playing Arban's No.10 study for years - but just the other day I realised I've not been playing what's written. The arrowed note ought to be an F# but until I spotted my error I've always played an F natural. F# does sound a bit spicier than F natural, but that's probably because I'm so...

Last Post By: euphojim Yesterday, 17:11 Go to last post
  • Recent Forum Posts

simonbassbone

Women in Brass Bands

Isn't the majority inflicting their views on the minority usually called democracy? The alternative is the minority inflicting their views on the majority,

simonbassbone Today, 07:16 Go to last post
    BandFanatic

Women in Brass Bands

I don't know Owain. 2nd tenor seems happy to comment on adjudication despite not being in a competitor and comments on valved instruments despite being

BandFanatic Yesterday, 22:17 Go to last post
    owain_s

Women in Brass Bands

Qualifications and credentials in brass banding, or in gender equality? Or do we have to have both to voice an opinion?

owain_s Yesterday, 22:11 Go to last post
    BandFanatic

Women in Brass Bands

Yes i would agree with that, would to love to see your qualifications and credentials, 2nd tenor

BandFanatic Yesterday, 21:38 Go to last post
    owain_s

Women in Brass Bands

I'm not sure my education can really be described as 'modern' in any way, though....

owain_s Yesterday, 21:25 Go to last post