PDA

View Full Version : Belgian or Flemish Open

pantarheipaul
11.10.2004, 22:21
Are your bands interested in an Open competition in Flanders (Belgium) next 2005?
All sections. I'm just curious about it. nothing more. Just asking.

Maybe a chance to visit our country with your band.

Aardvark
11.10.2004, 23:44
Hi Paul

Not speaking on behalf of my band, but post it up - I'm sure some of the Southern bands would be interested in finding out more.

What sort of time of year is it ?

Maybe we can come and win some of your trophys instead of the other way round :-D

pantarheipaul
12.10.2004, 12:30
there are plans coming up. an open contest for all sections.

just want to know if bands from the UK want to come over.

Straightmute
12.10.2004, 12:42
Hi Paul

Not speaking on behalf of my band, but post it up - I'm sure some of the Southern bands would be interested in finding out more.

And not necessarily only the southern bands. From Hull we can reach Rotterdam and Zeebrugge very easily (and it's a nicer journey than to Folkestone or Torquay, for example) so Yorkshire bands who fancied an exotic weekend away might also be tempted.

D

pantarheipaul
12.10.2004, 22:58
Hi Paul

What sort of time of year is it ?

Maybe we can come and win some of your trophys instead of the other way round :-D
concerning the trophees; who knows?

and we will have a beer on the winner!

:wink:

Aardvark
13.10.2004, 00:58
and we will have a beer on the winner!

:wink:
Look forward to it :D

lynchie
13.10.2004, 03:15
As long as it's at a differednt time to the french open it coudl work! good luck dude!

Accidental
13.10.2004, 07:26
Sounds like a great idea! When will you know more about poss. dates and places?

DublinBass
13.10.2004, 07:32
I think if you could do it in August (when many bands like to tour) and have a loose rule regarding the number of day transfers (because many of the band members do go on holiday), you should get quite a good response.

Jan H
06.01.2005, 17:33
Sounds like a great idea! When will you know more about poss. dates and places? The first ever "Flemish Open Brass Band Championship" will be organised during the weekend of 10 and 11 september2005 in the City Theater of Mechelen (Malines, in between Brussels and Antwerp). The organisers are Brass Band "St. Cecilia" Hombeek.

More information can be found on http://www.brassbandhombeek.be/

This could be a fine opportunity for me to meet some of you...

pantarheipaul
06.01.2005, 19:43
indeed, looking forward to it.

our band will be there....
;)

by the way to every one a happy and healthy and peacefull 2005.

Jan H
02.03.2005, 18:22
The list of participants for the first Flemish Open Championships (Mechelen, 10-11 september 2005) has been announced. Especially the top two sections look very promising: All 5 Belgian Championship Section bands are taking part, and in the 1st section there is some foreign competition as well.

It's nice to see all of our top bands supporting a new initiative like this. Hopefully the contest will be a succes, so that it may further grow in the coming years!

I will keep you all informed...

Championship Section
Brassband Buizingen
Brassband Willebroek
Festival Brassband
Kortrijk Brassband
Metropole Brassband

First Division
Brassband Heman - Netherlands
Brassband Leieland
Brassband Burgermusik Luzern (B band) - Switzerland
Mercator Brass Rupelmonde