PDA

View Full Version : Fancy a Free Holiday???

Valvecap
16.05.2003, 12:19
Afraid I need some help guys... (no NOT that kind of help)
A number of weeks ago, the band I conduct (Driffield Silver Band) was offered the chance to go to France on a twinning arrangement with St Affrique (right in the south)... We took this chance and began to raise the money...

The only problem was the timing of the tour - 11th to the 18th of June... (whit weekend)... Most of my band are students and cant come with us due to exams - i set about bulding a band...

We have a really good (pretty much top section) crew going, but i am still in need of a tuned percussionist (we are taking timps, glock, xylo, gong etc) to go with us...

The Deal - Any player coming with us goes for free - transport to france, hotel and food - all courtesy of the East Riding Council - only condition is you have to play a few gigs while your out there...

We drive down on the evening of the 11th of June (wednesday) and return at the same time on the 18th. its an 18 hour drive (apparently) once we hit calais...

There is also the possibility of 2 trombones been needed so if you want your name on the reserve list, PM me.

Send me a PM or e mail at Daven@cyclops-electronics.com (during the week) or D.Nichols@kelk7.freeserve.co.uk.

I know its quite short notice - but a free holiday in the south of france??? (and a pitcher of wine or beer with every meal) :twisted: ....

TheMusicMan
16.05.2003, 12:57
Hi ValveCap....

Good luck with this recruitment/offer. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to have a great 'banding' break.

I sincerely hope you find people to fill your vacancies.... thanks for posting this here... good luck :)