PDA

View Full Version : tMP Finals prediction contest - current status

Keppler
12.09.2004, 17:07
Hey all -
well hopefully those bands playing at Harrogate this weekend are having a good time, regardless of results.
Well done to those who've figured!

The results of your predictions after 3 sections can now be seen - ye don't seem to have been as accurate as ye were at the Areas really (shame on ye!)

Well the 2nd section results later on may change things.

Here are the results so far (http://www.dungarvanbrassband.org/tmpFinals04Results.asp)

Kepps

Will the Sec
12.09.2004, 17:23
Do you HAVE to do the results in alphabetical order when there's a tie :o

Partisan predictions rule OK.

flugelgal
12.09.2004, 19:36
Well I'm doing well in 79th place with 4 points... lol.

Dyl seems to be good at things like fantasy football and fantasy brass bands!!

Well done Dyl! (Of course it's not over yet until the fat lady sings but somehow I doubt I'm any competition for you...)

AndyCat
12.09.2004, 19:42
i seem to be 11th with 15 points, and I've only bet on the 1st section so far!

WhatSharp?
12.09.2004, 19:45
Argh! Nooooo! Beaten by my conductor! I'll never hear the end of it!:eek: :hammer :dunno

dyl
12.09.2004, 21:08
And it was all going so well for me till the 2nd section! Congratulations Heather - you are the official tMP National Finals BOC!!!

Keppler
12.09.2004, 21:08
With the 2nd section results announced (well done) we've done all the arcane sums on your predictions, and come up with a winner (just)

It was very close, but congrats to....

Heather!

Also well done to Cantonian, coming in just 1 point behind, and then Dyl, Aardvark and KennyC in joint 3rd position

Thanks for your support guys

Full Results available here (http://www.dungarvanbrassband.org/tmpFinals04Results.asp)

Kepps

Will the Sec
12.09.2004, 21:31
Do I get a prize?

Will the Sec
12.09.2004, 21:36
And well done and thank you to the Staines bandfolks for my two points!

Heather
13.09.2004, 00:10
Well, what can I say??
I'm amazed my predictions have made me the winner.
I must admit I did study a bit of form(!) and would like to thank Pemberton, Barrhead, Hoover, Lockwood and Grange Moor for helping me out!
I suppose I'd better apply for a job at 4barsrest now!
Cheers...I'm really stunned!!!!!!!!

p.s
I don't suppose there was a 1000 prize was there?

flugelgal
13.09.2004, 00:18
Well done Heather! Good to see that someone is better than Dyl at these things... ;)

Heather
13.09.2004, 00:30
Thanks Flugelgal.
I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight, I'm so pleased!

Okiedokie of Oz
13.09.2004, 02:55
I can't find ME!!!!!!!!

Cantonian
13.09.2004, 09:24
Well, what can I say??
I'm amazed my predictions have made me the winner.
I must admit I did study a bit of form(!) and would like to thank Pemberton, Barrhead, Hoover, Lockwood and Grange Moor for helping me out!
I suppose I'd better apply for a job at 4barsrest now!
Cheers...I'm really stunned!!!!!!!!

p.s
I don't suppose there was a 1000 prize was there?

...and 500 for the runner-up.

There was a fair amount of guesswork on my part but I did keep a record of the results of last years prediction competition. Another piece of guesswork was in the recognition of bands from posters on tMP. Seems keener, busier bands do well on contests.

In spite of this I was surprised and pleased to finish second. Thanks to all of the keen and hard working people in the (supposedly) dying brass band world.

Heather
13.09.2004, 09:35
Cantonian - if you look like your avatar then perhaps 1st and 2nd should have a night out as their prize!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

sparkling_quavers
13.09.2004, 12:22
8th :cool:

Cantonian
13.09.2004, 14:21
Cantonian - if you look like your avatar then perhaps 1st and 2nd should have a night out as their prize!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I do, I do.

I,ve got two eyes and ears, a nose and a mouth in the same places as Mr Clooney. I feel that his hair is too thick and dark nowadays compared to mine. He is also a little shorter and lighter than me but not much younger than me.

I know my wife prefers me to him..........................................I think!

Majoresteve
13.09.2004, 17:38
i did surprisingly well, considering i guess them all!

64th!

:D

lynchie
14.09.2004, 01:52
I got 2 of them bang on!

...just the other 10 were entirely wrong...

bombhead
15.09.2004, 15:55
<enormous_text>does anybody know of a brass band arrangement of "together in electric dreams" by that bloke out of the human league?

We all got very ****ed on sunday night after the nationals and I did it three times on the kareoke ! </enormous_text>
cheers Bombheadxxx

Keppler: Just had to edit that Bombhead - I've tried to replicate the effect though....

geordiecolin
15.09.2004, 15:58
I think i need to go the opticians, i had trouble reading that last post, the letters were too small.

keith hemming
15.09.2004, 23:13
had a good weekend at harrogate food and beer were fine, shame about the 2nd section result, must have mixed the paperwork up.

keith
stourport band

Instrument_repairman
29.09.2004, 00:30
Just thought I'd mention that Towcester Studio Band are running a similar competition for the fourthcoming National finals just visit http://www.towcesterstudioband.org.uk for full instructions and rules of play. plus there is a cash prize!!!! the more people that enter, the greater the prize!!!

instrument_repairman :D

dyl
29.09.2004, 13:25
Better still tMPers, stay tuned for the Champonship Section bands to be added to our competition - where all sections of the National Finals are covered. The total scores will then be added and we'll have our supreme champion predictor type person!