PDA

View Full Version : BBC Bursary Double for Vickitorious and Joe of Hathern Band

Di
11.09.2004, 01:49
Two band members win BBC Fame Academy awards!

Congratulations go to Vicki Reynolds (Principal horn) and Joe (Percussion) who have each been awarded one of this years BBC Fame Academy Instrument Bursaries (http://www.bbc.co.uk/fameacademy/bursary). The Fame Academy bursary is dedicated to nurturing excellence in young music makers across the UK. Vicki and Joe were two of 150 promising young musicians from the UK to have been awarded a bursary with a value of up to 1200 to spend on musical instruments or other equipment. Vicki has chosen a Yahama digital piano to help broaden her musical experience and Joe will be the proud owner of a new Xylophone.

Well done Vic and Joe and thank you BBC!

:clap: :woo :bounce

super_sop
11.09.2004, 01:57
Well done you two!
:woo:clap::woo:metal:

Roger Thorne
11.09.2004, 02:08
Fantastic News Dinie. Congratulations to both Vicki and Jo from the Mouthpiece.com team

:bounce

Heather
11.09.2004, 02:16
Congratulations to you both.

PeterBale
11.09.2004, 08:29
Well done to the two of you, and I'm sure we all hope it really helps you as you continue to develop in your music-making.

imthemaddude
11.09.2004, 08:56
Well done

TheMusicMan
11.09.2004, 09:25
WOW Dinie... that is brilliant news. My congratulations to both Vicki and Joe for their excellent achievements.... well done!

Di
11.09.2004, 09:57
FROM APPLICATION FORM:

6 & 7 Give details of any musical groups you have worked with, and any performance/broadcast of your work.
This is to find out who you play with and where you make music. Have you played in front of school, at a gig, rehearsals, collaborations with other musicians, public performances, club nights, posting of MP3s on websites, appeared on radio or TV? This is your chance to tell us.(Maximum 50 words on each question)

6. National Youth Brass Band of Great Britain, Hathern Band, solo performance with/without piano in schools, theatres and churches. WWW.TheMouthpiece.Com (http://www.themouthpiece.com/) scratch band of volunteers players who played to raise funds to Children in Need at the Birmingham BBC event. Recent duet appearance with Daniel Powell of Fame Acadamy fame!

7. I have been involved in recordings of the Hathern Band and the NYBBGB, although not as a soloist. I have recently been interviewed on BBC Radio Leicester prior to a performance of Leicestershire young talent. Think this might have been what clinched the deal? :p :biggrin:

flugelgal
11.09.2004, 11:10
A very well done to both - and yes, Dinie, I'm sure that the mouthpiece.com scratch band was the clincher ;)

lynchie
13.09.2004, 00:23
Well done! It's all going well at Hathern these days!!!