PDA

View Full Version : A few upcoming changes on tMP categories and forums

TheMusicMan
06.09.2004, 14:11
Hi All

Just a quick note to let you know of a few category and forum changes we are about to implement here on tMP.

There are a plethora of new features within the new software we now use, and for everyones benefit I want to implement as many of these as soon as we can. We have already given you a small taster of one of these functions.... the Sub Forum feature. You may be aware of the 'How to' section here (http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12) covering questions relating to how to use the new tMP software etc. Well, we will soon be reorganising the main categories and forums on tMP to make the forum home page far less cluttered, to make organising threads and posts easier, and to allow for faster searching and access to information etc.

Look out for these changes very soon....

Seedhouse
06.09.2004, 14:17
"How to?" link didn't work in your post tMM... :-(

TheMusicMan
06.09.2004, 14:21
"How to?" link didn't work in your post tMM... :-(
Hi Alex...

Sorted... :tup

Seedhouse
06.09.2004, 14:27
Cheers John ;)

TheMusicMan
24.09.2004, 23:52
Here are our proposed new Forum and Category layout plans...

1. Rehearsal Room
2. Adjudicator's Comments
3. Auditorium
4. User Reviews
5. Advertising Area:

a - Professional Trade Stand
b - Classified Ads
c - Band Shop
d - WWW Sites

6. Players Required:

a - Permanent Players & MDs Wanted
b - Guest & Dep Corner

7. Off-Topic Area:

a - Random
b - Guest Corner
c - Awards

We feel this would make the forum home pages far less cluttered and easier to navigate etc. Opinions...?

DublinBass
25.09.2004, 07:03
It looks good. More streamlined.

You might want to watch the wording of

b - Guest & Dep Corner &
b - Guest Corner

So they don't seem too much alike. (Even though they are in different forums)

Jan H
25.09.2004, 07:36
Will the "tMP Events" fora (i.e. the two BOC Brother fora, which are no longer used anyway) remain separate from the rest, or will they also fall under "Off-Topic Area"?

For the rest, the lay-out plan looks logical...

TheMusicMan
25.09.2004, 08:27
Jan - I guess I omitted an area for 'Archive' information. I would think the BOC Brother fora would be placed there.

Raspberry
25.09.2004, 11:15
The proposed new layout looks a good idea - it will then help tmper's scan through the postings easier especially if they're looking for a certain subject.

TheMusicMan
25.11.2004, 10:25
OK folks... I will be implementing these changes during the next few days... shout now if you think it will only serve to confuse things...:)

Jan H
25.11.2004, 10:55
will the "thread games" subforum be under "off topic" or under "random" (as a sub-subforum)?

I think it should be under "off topic" directly (category 7d or something like that in your list above)

TheMusicMan
25.11.2004, 11:35
Not too sure of this one Jan.

When I recently created the sub-forum for thread games et al, I had totally overlooked and forgot to consider my re-aligninment of the forums as described in this thread. The main objectives of the realignment are to streamline the look, make posts somewhat easier to locate etc, and also to help avoid the confusion sometimes experienced by new tMP'ers as to where exactly they should post specific topics.

Adding the thread games as a sub-forum doesn't add to the clutter on the main tMP forumhome page... I will of course consider opinions from tMP'ers in here, but my initial thoughts are that I am likely to keep this as a sub-forum off Random.

Jan H
25.11.2004, 12:14
Ah, i thought "Random" "Guest Corner" and "Awards" were going to be subforums of a forum called "off-topic". But apparantly, that is not what you are planning to do... In that case, I agree that keeping the "thread games" as a subforum to "random" is the best solution

TheMusicMan
25.11.2004, 12:42
You understand correctly Jan..:)

I will create new category headers with each forum being 1 level under those, and sub-forums being 1 level under forums...

Jan H
25.11.2004, 12:58
You understand correctly Jan..:)

I will create new category headers with each forum being 1 level under those, and sub-forums being 1 level under forums... Actually, you got me totally confused now :-?:) (a "category" is something like 'tMP events" right?) But anyway, don't worry! Just go ahead, and I'll give you my opinion when you're finished ;)