PDA

View Full Version : Solo Disasters

Mr Smiler
02.05.2003, 16:06
I may be opening a Pandora's Box here, but has anyone had a real disaster in the middle of a solo?

Let me share mine. I was playing RSA's "The Conqueror" at a packed Easter concert in Nottingham when towards the fast bit at the end, my first valve froze in the down position, completely without warning!

I had to stop the band, rushed over to the second euph player who looked bewildered as I grabbed his euph, we picked up the introduction to the fast section again and finished the piece.

The worst bit was the sinking realisation that I could do nothing about it.

It was pretty embarassing. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'd be interested to hear other stories

NeilW
02.05.2003, 16:59
Playing at an old peoples' home (can't remember what - it was quite a few years ago!)

Halfway through the solo, an elderly gentleman got up and walked all the way round me. My only concern was that he didn't get between me and the music or knock it over :)

The band, however, had real problems getting through the tutti passages for laughing...

twigglet
02.05.2003, 17:21
About six years ago we were playing Dances with wolves, and if anyone is familiar it starts with a cornet solo with very little accompaniment, the cornet solo ends with a leap from an Eb to a top Bb. Every week in rehearsal they bet whether I would get it or not and every week I got it. (!) and then when it came to the concert I totally made a big balls of it! :oops: It was really embarrassing because it was so exposed, and ever since I have been terrified of playing it again....

Lovely Roger got it out a few months ago (thanks Rog!) and it went OK in the concert but I am so paranoid about it now

:wink:

sparkling_quavers
02.05.2003, 17:40
, my first valve froze in the down position, completely without warning!

Well this hasn't happened to me at a concert but I do have a similar story which was really embarrasing.

I went along to a rehearsal for the uni brass group in notts (admittedly to try and scab a few players for our band). All enthusiastic I sat down to play the first piece. Can't remember what the piece was but it started on an F#. I played the F# but then my valve wasn't going to move! On the first note as well :oops: I stopped playing and tried to get it to free but it wasn't going to budge. The conductor carried on and at the end of the piece asked me what was wrong. My cornet then got passed around every single member of the band but to no avail. The MD eventually decided their was no hope and gave me his trumpet to play on. Not the same as it happening in a solo performance but I really did feel a fool all the same!! :oops: :shock: :oops: :shock:

Highams
02.05.2003, 17:48
Not exactly a disaster, but hilarious for the band and audience.

Hanwell were playing in Waterlow Park, London, in a bandstand with a very low wooden roof. Just as I got up to play Varied Mood, a flock of birds descended into a nest and started chirping away like mad.

It was'nt too bad to start with, but by the time the long cadenza came around, it was deafening.

www.euph9.freeserve.co.uk/Charley.htm

PeterBale
02.05.2003, 18:04
Nothing very spectacular, and not a stand-up solo either, but I did have the tuning slide fall out in the middle of the couple of bars of EEb bass solo in Gregson's Variations on Laudate Dominum - we were having terrible tuning problems, and the tuning slide was as far out as it would go - in retrospect, obviously, too far out.

Boneman
02.05.2003, 18:24
Two cock ups!
Once I forgot the music (but didn't realise until after I had been introduced) - I don't know who panicked most me or the Conductor (our very own Roger - thanks for whispering the notes to me!)

Once half way through my Music fell off the stand!

cornetgirl
02.05.2003, 19:05
Worst solo performance - there are two!

My flugel debut last week - halfway through Orange Juice the 3rd valve water key gets caught on the button of my jacket so play rest of piece with flugel attached to uniform! The *bleep* unattached itself on the last note!

In September I was playing with Wilsden Band and suddenly had Solitaire sprung upon me (like you do). Just as I was about to hit the first note in a nice informal performance during the Garden Association's show, this old Doris (apologies to anyone called Doris on this forum!) suddenly says VERY LOUDLY to her mate,

"Hey, that doesn't half look like my dentist!"

The band spluttered collectively...so did I....

Rach x

Mr Smiler
03.05.2003, 22:31
This is great - its like an online band version of "You've been framed".

Nice to know I have soul mates out there ....

Just remember to all you who are laughing at us poor unfortunates, next time (cue large index finger) IT COULD BE YOU!!!

bagpuss
03.05.2003, 23:54
OK, where shall I start??

Shall we talk about the time when I was starting off Sailors Hornpipe on Xylophone and completely blanked, couldn't remember what the music was or even what instrument I was supposed to be playing. Euph player to his eternal credit realised my predicament and busked it note perfect while I crawled under said xylophone and hid.

Or should we talk about the time I was helping a band out playing for an international football match in Wrexham, playing trombone. NAtional Anthems start (I know Wales was one of the teams but can't remember the other one), couple of bars rest and then trombone comes in and carries the tune. Problem was, as it was in February, my trombone slide had frozen up and I couldn't shift it!!

Or should I talk about the time I was playing at a VERY informal Jazz concert on trombone. 2 beats before his very high and complex solo starts, the solo trombone player leans over to a mate of mine and says "You play it will you? I'm too p***ed"

That will do for starters, if I think of any more, I'll continue

Puss

You wanna blow my what?
04.05.2003, 01:33
Quite the opposite!

I'd recently changed from using a tenor horn mouthpiece to the french horn mouthpiece with a shank.....and I had to play some solo in our annual concert.....in the rehearsal I SUCKED! And this girl (no names mentioned) had this smug grin on her face. She must have gone home in between and told her parents about me playing so badly, but anyway! The concert came. And it was pretty good, if I do say so. I wasn't looking, (concentrating see!) but a friend of mine told me that little miss smug face and her parents were both going :O *sniggers*

You wanna blow my what?
04.05.2003, 01:34
But one time, on NYBBW I knocked a stand over when we were doing one of our fancy manouvers and I was so scared (Jim Watson was conducting and it was my first course!) and I tried to smile it off but it turned into a laugh and everyone got annoyed with me :( and I cried (shh!)

Straightmute
04.05.2003, 01:48
I was playing Hora Staccato in Greenwich Park when my music blew away. Not a problem - smart a*** here could play it from memory. (Pause for round of applause). No problem that is, until the whole band missed the coda. Utter bandemonium for about 2 minutes until conductor shouts 'CODA' and we all end up in a heap.

D

You wanna blow my what?
04.05.2003, 01:53
Utter bandemonium

HAHAHA!!! What a word!

michellegarbutt
04.05.2003, 08:21
The most embarrassing moment was when I was about 15. I was taking part in a may day parade in my home town. All my friends from school were on the side of the road watching when I caught my foot in a pothole on the road. I was left sprawled out in the middle of the road. I had to finish the march with great big holes in the knees of my tights, bleeding nose and bleeding knees. I didn't live it down at school for months.

stopher
05.05.2003, 13:47
Had to conduct the National Anthems for the Wales U19 match against France in Bangor last year. I was told that I would hear the announcement saying "would you please be upstanding for the National Anthems" and then pile in with La Marseillaise then Hen Wlad.

Easy!!!!!!!!

Heard the announcement so got the band to lift their instruments. Most of the band moaning and telling me to wait but being Zorro for the night and desperate to get to the bar before most of the crowd, I told them to get on with it and brought them in.

At the end of La Marsaillaise, one of the officials comes running up!

Because I had my back to the two teams and the crowd, I hadn't realised that when the announcement had been made about the anthems, Both teams were just leaving the Changing rooms and weren't on the pitch!

We had to play La Marseillaise again with a crowd of 1500 wondering why we played the French one twice. The Male voice Choir with us were p@ssing themselves laughing and couldn';t concentrate when we did Hen Wlad.

Seemed to work though as Wales Hammered the French!

Everytime we do a job now where the anthem is needed, some bright spark always quips do we need to do it twice (they're usually in the bass section!)

Chris

davidquinlan
05.05.2003, 14:27
Try the Sop Solo from Windows to the World...

Any of the MCB crowd who visit the forum will verify that it was quite a spectacular event in a kind of 'negative' way.....

:(

David.

Ex-Sloprano Cornet
MCB

Straightmute
05.05.2003, 17:11
I was conducting a euphonium solo once (in a church) when the soloist's mum crawled up to the front on her hands and knees to tell the soloist his flies were undone.

The solo? Grandfather's Cock, oops Clock.

D

The Judge
08.05.2003, 17:15
Try the Sop Solo from Windows to the World...

Any of the MCB crowd who visit the forum will verify that it was quite a spectacular event in a kind of 'negative' way.....

:(

David.

Ex-Sloprano Cornet
MCB

Hey Dave

Dwelling on such disasters isn't good for you, we've all been there!! Having said that, even if you forget about it there's always someone in MCB who'll remind you soon enough. Bunch of PTBs :wink:

Good to hear from you anyway!!

See you in Dundee???

Sueee
08.05.2003, 17:49
About six years ago we were playing Dances with wolves, and if anyone is familiar it starts with a cornet solo with very little accompaniment, the cornet solo ends with a leap from an Eb to a top Bb. Every week in rehearsal they bet whether I would get it or not and every week I got it. (!) and then when it came to the concert I totally made a big balls of it! :oops: It was really embarrassing because it was so exposed, and ever since I have been terrified of playing it again....

Lovely Roger got it out a few months ago (thanks Rog!) and it went OK in the concert but I am so paranoid about it now

:wink:beurgh... hehe

super_sop
08.05.2003, 18:48
:oops: well when i was in the TA we took part in the victory Europe celebrations in belgium. we were all over the country doing marching displays and stuff (the most thought provoking being at the Menim Gate, Ypres, Belgium, but thats for another thread )
any way we were in this little town and prince edward was unvailing this monument thingy. and we had to play all the national anthems of the people involved. all whent well untill the belgian national anthem when our md moved and i couldnt see him.....aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh. i was the only solo cornet and we had the lead in and melody. 1st thing i knew about us starting was when everyone else came in - the melody :cry: mwhen the band marched off i was called to 1 side and given the worst tellin off i have ever had by my md and then every rank down it was horrible i have never been so embaressed in my whole life

PeterBale
08.05.2003, 19:08
:oops: well when i was in the TA we took part in the victory Europe celebrations in belgium. we were all over the country doing marching displays and stuff (the most thought provoking being at the Menim Gate, Ypres, Belgium, but thats for another thread )
any way we were in this little town and prince edward was unvailing this monument thingy. and we had to play all the national anthems of the people involved. all whent well untill the belgian national anthem when our md moved and i couldnt see him.....aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh. i was the only solo cornet and we had the lead in and melody. 1st thing i knew about us starting was when everyone else came in - the melody :cry: mwhen the band marched off i was called to 1 side and given the worst tellin off i have ever had by my md and then every rank down it was horrible i have never been so embaressed in my whole life

Not a solo incident, this one, but almost a major diplomatic crisis: we were due to play to welcome the head of state of one of the african nations on a state visit to the UK (I can't remember which one). It was only the day before that someone pointed out that the anthem we were due to play was actually that of the previous regime that had been overturned in a coup led by the person we were honouring. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Aussie Tuba
09.05.2003, 00:05
I was asked to p[lay a solo at a music school in ballarat Victoria and i had Noel Jones accompanying me on the piano and i had to pull the tuning slide a fare way out . I played Tuba Smarties and on the last note bleww the tuningslide the rest of the way out ,Very embarrasing in front of young hopfulls

Valvecap
09.05.2003, 13:42
Have been involved in some right disasters:

Played "The Good, the bad and the Ugly" at someones wedding... outdoor... running around causing abosolute havoc with a supersoaker 6000 - unfortunately, i stopped to play the fanfare and the Flugel player didnt... SMASH... Bell at 90 degrees to the cornet, mouthpiece shot out and i was lucky to escape with my teeth. 3 week old sovereign... gutted.

Played at a primary school for a musical demonstration - MD kept introducing various instruments... we would stand up - this is a cornet - (cornet player plays a riff of some description) etc - how hard could it be... Trombonist stood up, played the first 3 notes of post horn gallop at FFF - all 200 odd 4 year olds in the hall started whimpering and crying... :lol:

I was crying too - but more out of laughter

One of my (so called) friends decided to liven up an outdoor performance of Harry James with a tenpiece band... so he set light to it after about the first 10 bars... Played it well... when he stood up to do his solo, just before he sat down, i placed a fibre straight mute in the centre of his seat...

Levitating cornet player...

He who laughs last.... - that particular 10 piece was ace - sadly no longer in existance.

D

Mr Smiler
09.05.2003, 16:40
Seeing the military reference, reminded me also of a time when I was with the Household Cavalry Musical Ride Dispaly Team in Frankfurt. We'd done a 2 weeks of shows and were due to finish a big finale. Incidentally, we had to work out all the musical movements to the band of the White Russian Army, which was a little difficult as we didn't speak Russian and they didn't speak English - I think we eventually sorted it out using Italian musical terms (don't under-value it guys)!

Anyway, the finale was two trumpeters under the spotlight in this huge stadium, one played Revaille and yours truly played the last post (I was a Euph player by the way, where's the logic in that?)

I gave it heart and soul and it was a moving performance (even though I say so myself) until the last note when after an effective diminuendo (almost no dry eyes in the house at this stage :cry: :cry: - are you getting the picture). Well, at this point when I was holding the last long G my horse threw its head back and the note went pear-shaped, then I fell off it. (The note, not the horse!) :oops: :oops: :oops:

Another fine contribution from one of Her Majesty's musicians - well what do you expect when sitting on an old nag - stupid idea if you ask me!

Big Fella
15.05.2003, 13:47
Not a solo disaster, but something quite amusing. I went on a band trip to Germany last August bank holiday weekend. One of the concerts the band were doing was at a wine festival. When we arrived, most of the local were already half way to being bladdered and some of them found it quite amusing to just walk onto the wooden stage in the middle of the town square, and go and start talking to the " Shed Builders" at the back of the band, during Festival Overture.

WhatSharp?
15.05.2003, 14:17
When I was a wee lad at school I was playing in the school band in front of the whole school plus assorted parents. Anyway I'd been having sticky value problems on the old imperial Sop which the school had so during a break between pieces I started to unscrew the valve to get some oil in it. Unfortunatley I mistakenly unscrewed the enitre value so the whole lot fell out into my lap in about 5 seperate pieces. To make matters worse the spring pinged off under the solo cornet seat. I was under there scrabbling for it when the conductor announced Phil The Fluters Ball (remember that anyone?) which begins with a Sop solo. The conductor didn't bother to see if I was ready and just started up... no sop.. conductor stops looks at me and I show him the dismantled valve.......... suffice to say I wasn't flavour of the month or year.

Highams
15.05.2003, 17:14
Phil the Fluter !!!!!!!! wow!!!!! what memories that brings back !!!!!!!

What ever happened to him ?

JessopSmythe
16.05.2003, 00:36
Or should I talk about the time I was playing at a VERY informal Jazz concert on trombone. 2 beats before his very high and complex solo starts, the solo trombone player leans over to a mate of mine and says "You play it will you? I'm too p***ed"

Yes, young dennis did that to me to. I was guesting having left the band nearly a year before and had to sight read it on the spot.

Mind you, when I was playing for them full time, i got myself p***ed enuff to make a total fool of myself by starting the very loud, low bass trom intro to "pink panther" in the wrong key altogether.

WhatSharp?
16.05.2003, 07:42
Phil the Fluter !!!!!!!! wow!!!!! what memories that brings back !!!!!!!

What ever happened to him ?

Drowned in a vat of Cheese :D

Andrew R
16.05.2003, 14:07
On the innaugural NYBBW concert (boy does that make me feel old....!) at the the Brangwyn Hall in Swansea, Eddie Gregson turned to the timpanist and gave him the down beat into the National Anthem (great arrangements by Keith Griffin I seem to recall.....the ones that got banned at theh Albert Hall....).....no problems so far, said timpanist duly stuck the roll.....the problem was that half of the band then started to play Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau while the other half started on The Queen!!!!

After two beats Eddie had to stop the band, hold a committee meeting to agree which one we were going to play first and started again. It was just as well that he did stop when he did as the boys from Penclawdd wouldn't have realised there was a problem until the second verse!!! (only joking!!).

The rest of the concert went fine (ish..!). No comment on the soloist that day!

Andrew R
Redbridge Brass

PeterBale
16.05.2003, 14:16
On the innaugural NYBBW concert (boy does that make me feel old....!) at the the Brangwyn Hall in Swansea, Eddie Gregson turned to the timpanist and gave him the down beat into the National Anthem (great arrangements by Keith Griffin I seem to recall.....the ones that got banned at theh Albert Hall....).....no problems so far, said timpanist duly stuck the roll.....the problem was that half of the band then started to play Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau while the other half started on The Queen!!!!

After two beats Eddie had to stop the band, hold a committee meeting to agree which one we were going to play first and started again. It was just as well that he did stop when he did as the boys from Penclawdd wouldn't have realised there was a problem until the second verse!!! (only joking!!).

The rest of the concert went fine (ish..!). No comment on the soloist that day!

Andrew R
Redbridge Brass

I've got the lp of that concert - pity they didn't keep it in, it might have been quite interesting :!:

iggmeister
16.05.2003, 14:28
My worst incident(s) occurred last summer when playing on the Killacourt at Newquay in Cornwall. We had just started David of the White Rock and I was getting ready to play the cornet solo at the beginning. Just before I came in on my first note a seagull splattered all over my jacket and onto my mutes below. It was bad enough but the euph players sat opposite me couldn't stop laughing and I was in that mood where you didn't know whether to get really angry or laugh. I chose the latter.

If that wasn't bad enough, I later got up to play Napoli and my stand blew over towards me, the stand whacking the end of my bell and knocking my instrument off my lips. One of the euph players, (who had previously laughed at me in David of the White Rock), 'kindly' held my stand but , again, continued to laugh all the way through! thats the perils of outdoor concerts though.

As other people go, the worst ever misfortune I have seen was at the Yeovil Entertainment Contest about 7 years ago when the sop player from Woodfalls (I think) got up to play 'On with the Motley'. He started great and then there was a sharp ping and a noise of something hitting the floor. He went to play the next bit only to make a noise like a strangled goat. The ping was his water key exploding and the noise afterwards was it hitting the floor. He had to play the whole solo making an awful noise. I could have cried for him. Nevertheless, the audience realised what had happened and I seem to recall that he had a great round of applause. Didn't win the solo prize though!

Igg

PeterBale
16.05.2003, 14:38
As other people go, the worst ever misfortune I have seen was at the Yeovil Entertainment Contest about 7 years ago when the sop player from Woodfalls (I think) got up to play 'On with the Motley'. He started great and then there was a sharp ping and a noise of something hitting the floor. He went to play the next bit only to make a noise like a strangled goat. The ping was his water key exploding and the noise afterwards was it hitting the floor. He had to play the whole solo making an awful noise. I could have cried for him. Nevertheless, the audience realised what had happened and I seem to recall that he had a great round of applause. Didn't win the solo prize though!

Igg

When Clarence Adoo appeared as guest soloist at the Salvation Army's annual councils' festival at the Royal Albert Hall he also had trouble with a water key. Although he carried on magnificently the performance, and the subsequent recording, fail to do him justice, and unfortunately since his accident he is now unable to play as he would wish.

geordiecolin
16.05.2003, 14:41
Not a disaster but a success against all odds!!

I came 2nd in the local music festival when i was at school. I played standing up and everything, despite having an upset stomach and barely controllable diarrohea! I told my teacher pre-performance that i felt unwell, but she put it down to nerves, so despite my protest i played!! I don't think i've ever moved as quickly as when i finished playing. luckily i gleaned toilet directions before i played!!

stopher
16.05.2003, 15:56
I remember doing a St George's day Gig (bit of a pain being Welsh but wa living in Manchester at the time!) and during the break some old git came over to have a word with the band. Apparently the year before in this concert, the band started off with a drum roll, the audience stood up expecting the anthem and the band carried on with the A team!!!!

Classic!

sparkling_quavers
16.05.2003, 16:06
I remember doing a St George's day Gig (bit of a pain being Welsh but wa living in Manchester at the time!) and during the break some old git came over to have a word with the band. Apparently the year before in this concert, the band started off with a drum roll, the audience stood up expecting the anthem and the band carried on with the A team!!!!

Classic!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JessopSmythe
17.05.2003, 01:45
Played at the 50th anniversary of the WWII liberation of Wems twin town in france a few years ago and our self appointed interpreter had told us that the organisers wanted us to finish the parade by playing "an English hymn". It was quickly decided that the trio from a march would suffice so we left the hymbooks on the bus.
At the end of the parade the town mayor made his speeches. At "vive le francais!" the french band began their national anthem and roger began to look nervous, At "Vive l'allamagne" the german band played theirs and roger looked really worried. By "Vive l'america" roj was white. At "vive l'anglais", with a face like thunder roj turned to the band, baton raised and said "you know the key, play it!" somehow we got away with it. All in the same key too!
Needless to say, we used a different interpreter for the rest of our stay

dodgy_mark
20.05.2003, 18:01
Many years ago while at school I was playing trumpet for a scratch orchestra in Kent. One of the pieces was the Pier Gynt suit. The trumpet part keeps swapping between trumpet in A and trumpet in Bflat between movements. Dispite being perfectly able to transpose the other trumpeter and I had had a few drinks between rehearsal and concert and thought it would be far safer (albeit HIGHLY unprofessional!) to pull our tuning slides out to the max for the trumpet in A parts and push it back in for the trumpet in Bflat parts. We got the movement 'Hall of the Mountain King' which starts with the strings for many bars buiding up to a climax where the trumpets come in with the tune. Just before that moment we realised it was in Bflat and we still had our slides out! I tried pulling mine back in quickly with no luck while the other trumpeter tried to transpose the tune up a semi-tone but only came out with a few squeeking noises! Instead of a nice climax all the audience got was an on the beat 'plink...plink' from the strings! V.v.v.v.v.v.v embarassing! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Nat
22.05.2003, 16:14
Everyone makes mistakes!!! and for everyones info he is in fact a very good trumpet player so he doesnt make a habbit of it!! :D :D

jfenwick
28.05.2003, 12:54
the first one isnt really a solo but it was a disaster.
As any kit player will tell you a nightmare is dropping the sticks. Anyway we were playing georgia on my mind in a concert I went to do a fill down the toms but I was holding the sticks too lightly and managed to throw it across the hall. The band creased up with laughter but never the less we carried on.

In a more recent concert we had a guest soloist Joe cook who plays bass for black dyke and in one of his pieces impromptu there is a percussion duet, untuned on the tom toms and tuned on the marracas, I was so nervous I had a mind blank and only a few notes went in in each of the bars, I'll never forget the look I got off the md. Wonder what I'll be like trying to play Helter Skelter-should be an interesting one

Nat
29.05.2003, 15:37
our md has a habbit of throwing his baton away by accident(sorry for bieng off topic mods!)

Caveman Dan
31.05.2003, 00:59
our md has a habbit of throwing his baton away by accident(sorry for bieng off topic mods!)

I was playing for Cockerton at the Area in '96 when our MD's (Tony Taylor) baton slipped through his fingers and went flying off towards the adjudicator's box! We got 2nd place though, which was nice. (once again off topic, but I'm not going to apologise)

neiltwist
31.05.2003, 06:41
naughty naughty dan!

Nat
02.06.2003, 15:47
yes i quite agree, naughty dan!! :lol: :twisted:

Naomi McFadyen
02.06.2003, 17:01
lol!! I have never laughed so much reading these stories!
Thanks for a good one!

Sadly (for you), I haven't had to many things happen to me whilst in the spotlight or playing as part with a band- so you can't laugh back at me as yet... I've only had a few drum sticks fling outta my hand during outdoor concerts- that's all I seem to re-call... Oh... yea... and I put up the wrong piece of music on a Cornwall Youth Brass Band course rehearsal during the last Christmas course... I was just stood there doing nothing; the guest MD, who was Roy Newsome, stopped the band and said 'haven't you got a tuned part here Naomi?'... to which I said, 'Yea, but I haven't got to it yet'... It was then we realised that I had the wrong piece up... the band were in stitches...
:hammer
Maybe in a few years I'll have some interesting stories to tell!!

Isn't banding great!

Mr Smiler
03.06.2003, 10:21
Don't worry, Naomi - it will happen, as I can testify to. If you don't have some disaster or other, then you will be a very special (and lucky) individual indeed.

rnr321
03.06.2003, 14:16
I had spent most christmas playing the post horn and was getting a bit cocky about it and had started to walk around the audience. Well we were playing it in this church as I was walking back up the isle I tripped over a fold in the carpet I went head over heels. At the end of the piece all I got from the band was "why do miss four bars out of the middle????"

Nat
03.06.2003, 18:21
I messed up my solo for my music GCSE exam, i had practiced so much and i was so nervous that i had no lip left to do it, luckily i did better on everything else and i got a C grade!!! :oops: :D

IckleSop
03.06.2003, 18:32
I was playin solitaire in a park in France when i was on Tour with my youth band, i just started playin it and people came and walked over to listen!!! Great!!!!
There was an oldish man pulling a moonie but he must have not been all in the head and i couldnt stop laughing i couldnt play the 2nd time though i missed loads but i couldnt stop laughing, think it was more embrassing for him than me!

PeterBale
03.06.2003, 18:37
I was playin solitaire in a park in France when i was on Tour with my youth band, i just started playin it and people came and walked over to listen!!! Great!!!!
There was an oldish man pulling a moonie but he must have not been all in the head and i couldnt stop laughing i couldnt play the 2nd time though i missed loads but i couldnt stop laughing, think it was more embrassing for him than me!

Serves you right for playing cards while the band is trying to accompany a solo :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr Smiler
04.06.2003, 10:06

What a cracking story! Still, you could've been playing "Moon River"!