PDA

View Full Version : Test The Nation - train journeys

rutty
30.04.2003, 15:56
For those of you going to Test The Nation os Sunday by train, I would spend the time checking that your tickets are correct.

I got mine this week, and have gone to get another for my misses, but found that whoever booked the tickets in the first place succeeded in booking tickets for a train that didn't exist. They'd booked it against the normal timetable, but the train times are all different for the bank holiday weekend.

Rather than my train leaving Derby at 10:55, it actually leaves at 10:41 - so make sure that you don't miss yours ;)

See you there - excited now :)

tubatu
30.04.2003, 19:03
Thanks for the advice, I just checked my train departure time and that was also different.
The phone number for National Rail Enquiries is, 0845 7484950, charged at local rates.
Gary

neiltwist
30.04.2003, 19:07
or try theTrainline (http://www.thetrainline.com)

geordiecolin
02.05.2003, 11:11
beware national railway enquiries!!

if they get rid of you within 70 seconds they get a bonus, so will spout you any rubbish to get you off the line!

thetrainline.com is good and reliable as is qjump.com.

Hopefully anyone travelling Virgin has left the prequisite extra hour for delays etc?? :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink:

bagpuss
03.05.2003, 00:25
Word of advice from someone who works on the railways. If you're going to phone National Rail Enquiries, phone at least 4 times and take the most common answer. The trainline are little better. The only way you're going to have any chance of getting a correct response when asking for train times is to go to your local station. National Rail enquiries and The Trainline are not connected with the railways and are private companies. Therefore, they tend not to get information as quickly or accurately as people on the stations.

Puss

BigHorn
03.05.2003, 08:36
This may be useful for some living close to their stations. It shows the current live departure boards from your station. Not the theoretical time table but the as it happens real time info.
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/departures/fs_departures.htm