PDA

View Full Version : PM's - Private Messaging Update......please read

TheMusicMan
29.04.2003, 15:27
Hi All,

I have had many e-mails during the course of the last few months regarding Private Messaging and the fact that some messages are not seeming to get through to their intended recipients!

There have been a few server errors when tMP has been offline for several hours.. but nothing too bad or that might cause PM delays of more than a fwe hours.

It has come to my attention that I might have overlooked something when I ammended the design of the buttons you see at the top of the screen. Very early in the life of tMP I ammended these buttons to what you see now from much smaller buttons, but what I think I overlooked was that when you receive a new Private Message, using the older buttons, you wuold actually see a message right next to the button which said something like "you have a new message" which would have prompted you to open up your PM folder and take a look.

With the larger buttons that we have, this is not the case. So, you need to be aware that if you do not have the options in your profile to 'Pop up Window on New PM" and "Notify on new PM" both enabled you will never know you have a new PM waiting for you!!!

So, this means that you need to click on the http://themouthpiece.com/templates/subSilver/images/icon_mini_message.gif button to check if you have new PM's waiting for you...

You might all wish to do this from time to time... :)

neiltwist
29.04.2003, 17:39
what about when you get notified that you have a new message, and you don't?

super_sop
29.04.2003, 19:21
what about when you get notified that you have a new message, and you don't?
yea i had that again today, is ther a prob with that somewere :?

TheMusicMan
29.04.2003, 19:36
Hi Guys

I can honestly say I have no idea as to why this is happening. The only way it could happen is if someone decides to delete the PM after they sent it to you by accessing the underlying database - which isn't a possibility really.

I'm at a loss as to why this is happening sorry fella's... :?

super_sop
29.04.2003, 19:39
:lol: no probs MM thanx for having a look :lol: