PDA

View Full Version : Nybb members?

hellsonlyangel
20.04.2003, 18:31
Hey everyone!
Jus wonderin if there's any nybb members on here cuz last weeks course was amazing and i've got after course blues! :cry:
If anyone came to the concerts what did you think? They went fantastic as far as we were concerned!
lol Helen

picju96
20.04.2003, 19:35
our percussionist is principle percussionist for that...

Aidan
21.04.2003, 10:42
Hey everyone!
Jus wonderin if there's any nybb members on here cuz last weeks course was amazing and i've got after course blues! :cry:
If anyone came to the concerts what did you think? They went fantastic as far as we were concerned!
lol Helen

what do you play helen?
was it your first course?
i used to be in it till last year.. was the first course i missed.

say ello to russel for me ju

hellsonlyangel
21.04.2003, 21:48
Ive heard about you! No it was my 3rd course but it was the best yet. I play bari in it and have got 2nd man down on all courses, cept im reauditioning on euph cuz baris for girls!
yeah il say hey to Russell he's lovely, played ace in the solo comp too.
Everyone talks about you you obviously made an impression! :wink:

Cornetto
21.04.2003, 22:56
Hey everyone!
lol Helen

I'm in NYBB!! :D And don't I know it... im so knackered!! But by far the best course in 7 so far!! Maybe thats just coz I'm 18 these days...
neway gotta go..
wb
Nick

Aidan
21.04.2003, 23:05
Ive heard about you! No it was my 3rd course but it was the best yet. I play bari in it and have got 2nd man down on all courses, cept im reauditioning on euph cuz baris for girls!
yeah il say hey to Russell he's lovely, played ace in the solo comp too.
Everyone talks about you you obviously made an impression! :wink:

oh god! is it anything i should know about??? :S So u were sittin nxt to katrina last course? was she there this time? Top girl. How did monkey do on euph this time too?? he always played *beep* on bari, but hes *beep* good on euph...
tell me why they talk.... i must know now :evil:

SoloBaritone
22.04.2003, 13:14
Woohoo NYBB!!! I was there for 4 courses, (2000 - 2002) but being a little Geordie scally 2 years was enough for them! I hated coming home after the course, I never knew what to do with myself.

Were we in it at the same time Aidan? When I was there I was the only lass in the euph and bari row, lovin it!! Then Emma on euph came, she's a star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jayne

angie
22.04.2003, 13:17
hello bebeyyys
i am in nybb see if you can guess who?!!!the name may just give it away....
was a good course wasnt it?i miss paul mcgrath he was sooo cool.
cornetto are you nick walkley and what do you mean by that derogatory term you use to describe the beautiful south?!
i remember nadia you were friends with susan and the lauras werent you
hmm
have nybb blues...
xxx :(

SoloBaritone
22.04.2003, 14:59
I forgot to say; I set up an NYBB forum ages ago if anyone would like to join.

Email me at jayne_s_uk@yahoo.com and I'll tell you the address.

Jayne

hellsonlyangel
22.04.2003, 20:49
Hey hey theres loads of us!
Monkey hasnt been to the last 2 course dont know why maybe he jus got bored of playin bari!
I miss paul McGrath too he was sooooo camp but he was really cool.
Nick you're gettin old love!

angie
22.04.2003, 20:52
dont i get a hello then helen?
some room mate you are!
ang x x x :(

Cornetto
22.04.2003, 22:37
hello bebeyyys
i am in nybb see if you can guess who?!!!the name may just give it away....
was a good course wasnt it?i miss paul mcgrath he was sooo cool.
cornetto are you nick walkley and what do you mean by that derogatory term you use to describe the beautiful south?!
i remember nadia you were friends with susan and the lauras werent you
hmm
have nybb blues...
xxx :(

beautiful south? must have driven past it. cant wait to get back!
Yes I am nick. Yes Paul Mcgrath was amazing, hope we see him banding again that would be cool.
So, people. What were your course highlights? I really can't remember mine! Everything was great. Especially bein down at wetherspoons every night!! Facilities were also good, music was good, people were great etc (ie all the *beep* left, no not u aidan ;) ). Angie I hope you looked after our Ems for us! What did you do to her voice?!!! I see she got her fair share of attention. Good for her!
Anyway. Talking *beep* now.
Tarra

Aidan
23.04.2003, 12:51
yup i was mates with susan and the lauras :)
cheers nick lol
so whats all the course goss then..?

angie
23.04.2003, 14:02
the sarahs?
i dont get it :(
am i being really thick? anyway nick-not quite sure what happened to em's voice it just went one day and she couldnt speak bless her sweet 16 year old self.
what was the course gossip then?dunno really....that makes me sound so interesting...no actually i do have some gossip but i cant really say....hehe that'll annoy everyone!
anyone feel like helping me out here?
i did enjoy the conducting classes though 'you have a very small umbrella...'
see ya
x x x

Aidan
23.04.2003, 15:58
sarahs..? it says lauras ;)talking of laura.. where is she.. im sure she would be chipping in by now :S

twigglet
23.04.2003, 17:19
I am an ex-NYBBer only did two courses last year. I would have carried on coming but because I was on the lovely lower back row got asked to re-audition and i didnt want to go through all that again. I'm sure it was lots of fun, did anyone get any black marks, and did anything horrendous happen!?! i'm sure it did, it is NYBB...... :wink:

neiltwist
23.04.2003, 17:31
I used to be in NYBB, in the good old days of Dr. Newsome and his green bow ties!

Cornetto
23.04.2003, 19:24
I used to be in NYBB, in the good old days of Dr. Newsome and his green bow ties!

Ahhh them were the good ol days indeed!! I seem to remember us havin the same first course Neil? Bromsgrove yeh? A whole 3 years, or 7 courses ago!! Nice to see you at the concert cheers for supporting us!! Hope you enjoyed it. As for you Aidan ya traitor!! ;) On home territory (RNCM) as well!! :p Lazy *******!!

Ooooh course gossip.... Well everyone got with everyone else on the social, apart from me and well alot of people but I was ****ed I have an excuse! Well kinda. No more said anyway... :oops: Gleaveage got with Helena for the week, erm, erm tis about it! Ste was just being Ste, so you know. But it was an amazin course!! Anyway, I have work to do...
cyas Nick

MoominDave
23.04.2003, 19:41

I seem to remember Roy Newsome being against the fetching luminous green bow tie/cummerbund ensemble when it was suggested as a replacement for the understated blue ties that the band used to wear (would have been 1995 I think). The band had a vote; unbelievably, only I and one other person didn't want to wear the natty green stuff, so it was adopted. Do the cummerbunds still come in one-size-fits-all?

We've probably signed the same pad, then (Bass Bone 1). I think I signed it behind the music.

Dave

angie
23.04.2003, 21:29
i miss those green bow ties!
and the sashes could hide untucked shirts...though they were very long and i do seem to remember getting mine caught on a chair on my first course and trying to walk off stage with the chair trailing behind me. :oops: ....i have the best luck in these things....

SoloBaritone
24.04.2003, 12:46
Those were the days Neil! I well miss it. I think I'm too old to go now anyway, nearly 20!! Is everyone going to the Masters, that's my birthday, woohoo!

Jayne

Aidan
24.04.2003, 14:07
im nearly 20 too :P
and im sure it was your birthday at the masters last year too.... ;) :P
i think sooooomeone is after free drinks ;)

Darth_Tuba
24.04.2003, 15:17
I'm 21 at the Open... you all best buy me a drink! :guiness

Cornetto
24.04.2003, 20:44
Yeh them cummerbunds did come in only one size!! I remember Geogheans always gettin lost somewhere when ever he sat down :p Mine always annoyed me though, actually its still sat in my wardrobe awaiting a possible return some day. Not likely. Nah the black ones are a bit classier, just very boring, and a bit geeky too (who wears a bow tie outside of brass bands etc?)
But we love it all the same! Can't believe its officially my last course this summer!! :'(
By the way, existing members: Did anyone get that letter? What was all that about and who? I was quite happy with my seat thanks!! :D
Cheers, Nick
:guiness

neiltwist
25.04.2003, 00:43
i'm not entirely sure who that was about, but there must be some people who were 'unhappy' at the seats they got!

angie
25.04.2003, 01:17
i got that letter! it was weird who do you think it was and what do you think they could have done/said that was so bad about seating auditions!
tres tres strange

Aidan
25.04.2003, 12:46
i was never happy with my seat :P

Bones
25.04.2003, 15:33
Those were the days Neil! I well miss it. I think I'm too old to go now anyway, nearly 20!! Is everyone going to the Masters, that's my birthday, woohoo!

Jayne

I seem to remember "forcing" you to have a free pint of Stella last yer to celebrate your birthday.

Boy I really had to twist your arm then.

Rich

SoloBaritone
25.04.2003, 17:58
Aye, you definately twisted my arm! Well Aidan, it was my 19th last year on the day of and this year it's my 20th the day after. If it means more free drink I'll tell people it's my birthday on the actual day!

I got asked for ID last night in Imps' band pub, I was soooooo embarrassed!!

Jayne

You wanna blow my what?
27.04.2003, 02:33
I have mates who are on NYBB! There's a guy from my old band/county called Gwilym, plays BBb bass I think, and there's Wilf who's in my college who plays Eb Bass, and Paul on Trombone who is in my old band/county. I think paul & wilf are too old now!

neiltwist
27.04.2003, 02:39
no, wilf was on the last course, and paul will be there in summer I think (missed the last for cory). paul jenks? crackin' guy and a good mate. when you've sat next to him for 2 courses, you know how to play bass trom!

You wanna blow my what?
27.04.2003, 02:50
Paul Jenkins indeed! :D he's lovely! Wicked player! He was in 6th form college with me!

Aidan
27.04.2003, 14:53
he's a rite chainsaw on b-trom too!
i still remember our rendition of "a girl from glamorgan" on back of nybb coach :D

angie
27.04.2003, 16:23
that **** is a nightmare! he is such a noisy lout and is enough to drive anyone mad with him at the back of the coach mooning anyone he gets the chance to(including mothers and children).all i can say is never reach up to open one of those sky lights on a coach with him anywhere near you which one poor girl did this course with humiliating consequences. not that im a winger but he just doesnt know when to stop.

Edited: RT

angie
27.04.2003, 16:25
on a less bitter note....
any ideas on what that letter was about yet?

You wanna blow my what?
28.04.2003, 02:02
he's a rite chainsaw on b-trom too!
i still remember our rendition of "a girl from glamorgan" on back of nybb coach :D

LMAO Girl from Glammy is soooo cool! Were you on NYWBBW? My first year was 2000!

Aidan
28.04.2003, 10:58
nope, just nybb :P but we adapt it for english use...

You wanna blow my what?
29.04.2003, 03:05
*tsk* theives! :P

geordiecolin
29.04.2003, 12:51
I know Douggie Murdoch. He was in NYBB a few years ago on Bari

hellsonlyangel
29.04.2003, 13:54
angie i love you really babeeeeeey!
ive been on a jazz tour to bath and it was SOOOOOO cool!!!
go to www.funk4free.com and look at our amazing photos i had an ace time. and thanku for the message i had a fantastic birthday too (had no credit)
hope you're ok. LOVE YOU!!!!!! :D :bounce

asteria
29.04.2003, 14:26
Hi Helen, didn't know you were on here! Bet you had a fab time at NYBB, you'll have to let me know all the goss! My sister went to see an NYBB concert, she said it was fab!Wish i'd have done NYBB, i feel like i've missed out on something!

Angie - are you the person who keeps asking Helen where you know me from?! I got a text from Helen at some ridiculous hour last week asking, but i still don't know who you are!!

Helen

hellsonlyangel
29.04.2003, 20:14
Helen!!!!!!!!!!!1
Hey u, how was your trip ............. you did tell me where you were going but I was most likely drunk............. still i hope it was good!
cant wait til bromsgrove itl be cool. except im sort of dreading it cuz i get my AS results while im there. either way i can drink to celebrate or drink myself into a coma if i fail them all :?
NYBB is cool but you seem to do a lot of other stuf and cuz you're 20ish u prob only missed out on Roy Newsome and hes scary so not sure u missed much!!
got my first driving lesson this week HOW SCARY!!!!
:evil:
lol H
xx

SoloBaritone
29.04.2003, 20:24
I remember ****, I'm really trying to erase him from my mind though. I had the pleasure of sitting next to him on one of my courses. I also competed against him in a solo competition in the North East. What a ****.

Jayne

Edited: RT

angie
29.04.2003, 21:13
helen v-
yes i am the angie who thought i knew you! it just so happens that i used to know someone called helen varley who used to play cornet in my youth band (canterbury youth) a few years ago and according to helen is the same age as you and has the same description, weird!it was only when she said you'd never heard of me and she said you played horn that i realised it must a different helen varley. even more coincedence-on the yabb list on this forum there is a girl called claire hudson who plays cornet-there used to be a girl who played cornet in my youth band too called claire hudson.maybe she really is the girl i knew, do you know where she's from?
ps sorry about the essay!

other helen!-hello bebeeyyyyy, i looked at that link you posted.photos look so cool bet you had fun.you look weird playing a trumpet im so used to seeing you with a bari!oh well...
see ya and good luck with your drivin lesson-you'll love it
xxx

Roger Thorne
29.04.2003, 21:17
Hi Everyone,

Some of the remarks made within this thread appear to be derogatory towards others. Could I possibly remind you of the rules regarding posting within this forum.

Rule 2.3

http://www.themouthpiece.com/viewtopic.php?t=12

I have removed individual names from the offending posts. We need to consider other peoples feelings.

Thank you for your co-operation and continued support.

Roger (Moderator)

You wanna blow my what?
01.05.2003, 02:49
that **** is a nightmare!

hehe, whoever **** is, *ahem* was in my school! Think how I felt!

angie
01.05.2003, 03:44
sowee nothin personal 8)

You wanna blow my what?
01.05.2003, 04:18
hehe, sure.... :P

katmaz
04.11.2003, 13:16
hellsonlyangel?????

is that a certain 2nd (wo)man down bari player who is committing blasphemy by re-aditioning on euph?! (only kiddin pal!) :lol:

ITS YOUR LEADER HERE HELEN!!!!!!!!

heehee how ru doing chick? good i hope! give us a wee post sometime when your not too busy! :D

katrina x

ps. dont join the euphonium section, coz ure new leader will be some funny bird.... goes by the name of Farrow - need to watch out for her she'll try to eat u :twisted:

hellsonlyangel
04.11.2003, 13:22
aaaaargh you're stalking me! haha how r u?? :D
i am quite scared of Miss Farrow i think she'd eat me alive......did you see her photo in the bandsman?! :P
im not sure about joining the euphs yet, i want to keep "getting to know the baritone section" hahahahaha. ive got all my music college auditions as of next wednesday :? me scared!
ah well school work to do, hope uni is ok
lol
H
xxx :bounce

blue_smarties
04.11.2003, 14:50
hi angie + helen it's kate :) (horn player - vicki's m8 if ya don't remember me?!) how r ya?! Hope ur ok n i'll speak 2ya soon lv kate xXx

Vickitorious
04.11.2003, 19:43
helloooooooooooooo all of u! how r ya (it's Vicki!) :lol:

jamie the euph
04.11.2003, 21:58
hi i used 2 be in nybb but didnt go to the last course how was it?i heard wat happened!who is still in the band because i heard a lot had left last time!?hope ur all ok!jamie

neiltwist
04.11.2003, 22:09
hi i used 2 be in nybb but didnt go to the last course how was it?i heard wat happened!who is still in the band because i heard a lot had left last time!?hope ur all ok!jamie

not sure who got 'punished', but it's a topic I think we should leave well alone!

hellsonlyangel
05.11.2003, 12:15
I think that too Niel it wasnt nice! :roll: pretty good course apart from that tho
Vicki and Kate!!!!!! hey! how r u? love your signature Vix it really suits u!
:bounce
xxx

blue_smarties
05.11.2003, 19:53
I'm fine tnx Helen, u?! N yes vicki, i agree ur signiture dead suits u lol!! N well dun Jamie 4 the weekend (jus presumin it is u?!) i no u don't know me but i heard u n u played dead gud!! :)

Aidan
05.11.2003, 20:32
haha i thought what they did was brilliant :) couldn't happen to a nicer guy :D

****** ell katrina :D ello! You still in nybb... you old beggar!!!
Remember our "Getting lost in huddersfield session" ? :D ahha that was hilarious. (i think t'was huddersfield anyway :S :!: )

Vickitorious
05.11.2003, 22:40
I think that too Niel it wasnt nice! :roll: pretty good course apart from that tho
Vicki and Kate!!!!!! hey! how r u? love your signature Vix it really suits u!
:bounce
xxx
Yes I'm still giggly and always will be :bounce hehe

angie
09.11.2003, 01:42
ooooh this thread has been re-opened
hiya helen and kate, and everyone in fact...
does anyone know what the dates are for next years courses? is everyone going back this year? i've still got a year left if i want but not sure yet.
x x x :? x x x

Vickitorious
09.11.2003, 13:39
ooooh this thread has been re-opened
hiya helen and kate, and everyone in fact...
does anyone know what the dates are for next years courses? is everyone going back this year? i've still got a year left if i want but not sure yet.
x x x :? x x x

Hiya
the dates are..........
24th jan 4 da rep day
10th april- 17th april for the easter course
Well thats what this sheet of paper that I've got infront of me says anyway :? I'm definately going back next year I can't wait for it!!!!!!!!

blue_smarties
09.11.2003, 21:02
yeh me 2!! :) lol bin marchin 2day, it were freezin! :?

Soph
09.11.2003, 22:49
hey helen and all at NYBB! :wink:

soph the (as from last week and a do it yourself highlighting kit...very)blonde bari here! Just heard bout site and thought I'd come n have a look! know what... now means all of our infamous 1st bari section is signed in - top rank that is!! 8)

great to catch up wit u all, loadsa luv, Sops xxx

ps. mad mozzarella's rite...you have to b a baritone!
pps. no mention of any particular 1st course pyjama fotos on here...pleeeeez!!!!!!! :oops: :D

neiltwist
10.11.2003, 00:40
pps. no mention of any particular 1st course pyjama fotos on here...pleeeeez!!!!!!! :oops: :D

too late now!

Aidan
10.11.2003, 10:16
haha think you've dropped yourself in it there :P

nybb: 2002 - 2002

James H
29.11.2005, 20:12
im in nybb!!!!! wooooooooooo

just in case you have trouble remembering me, im the ginger tuba player :)
or if thats not enough, bah bah bah bah bah!!! thats should help you all

Di
29.11.2005, 20:17
Good for you! Well done. :biggrin::clap::clap:

cornetdom
18.10.2008, 17:08
Hello

HBB
19.10.2008, 21:49
You realise this thread is between 3 and 4 years old?

SoloBaritone
20.10.2008, 19:27
Some of the posts are over 5 years old. I wrote something saying I was nearly 20, I'm now 25. Scary.

HBB
22.10.2008, 18:43
Nice to see you've abandoned the huge fonts too Jayne!