PDA

View Full Version : New Style... please check it out...

TheMusicMan
04.04.2003, 18:50
Hi All

For a limited time I'll be trying out some new styles I've configured - the first one is called ZoneSilver. If youwish to see what theMouthPiece.com looks like with this style, please do the following;

1 - go to your 'Profile' page
2 - navigate to the 'Preferences' section
3 - On 'Board Style' select 'ZoneSilver'
4 - Press 'Submit' and return to the main page

You should now see theMouthPiece.com in a new style.

Please Note: I have not made graphical changes to this style as yet, I want to gauge peoples reactions first. If it's popular, then I'll try some more, make the necessary graphic changes and Modifications and make them available as a user choice...

This style will only be available for 24 hrs... here today, gone tomorrow !!! :)

cornetgirl
04.04.2003, 18:52
It works now!!!!

But I still prefer the original!!!!

Rach x

TheMusicMan
04.04.2003, 18:54
It works now!!!!

But I still prefer the original!!!!

Rach x

Weird Rach..., really weird....

super_sop
04.04.2003, 18:56
erm.......funky.....cool........erm modern...aahhhh :oops: sorry prefer the old one :bounce

HBB
04.04.2003, 18:56
Not just weird, blimming scary -- what've you done, I think that that new style has changed the balance, kill it, exterminate it ---- I didn't like it soo much I've gone back to the original tMP style, sorry :P very funky though

TheMusicMan
04.04.2003, 18:58
Thanks for your votes folks... keep 'em coming - even if you don't like it. I'll try some others later this evening...

Great feedback so soon, thanks :tup

cornetgirl
04.04.2003, 18:58
Weird Rach..., really weird....

Thanks pal!!! I prefer the term lovably eccentric meself.... :roll: :wink:

Rach x

groovy
04.04.2003, 19:28
It's very futuristic! :D
I'm just going to leave it on the new one for a while till I get used to it before I vote.

Sueee
04.04.2003, 19:42
hmmm I voted for old 1...but it's actually growin on me now.... hmmmm :shock:

but me thinks the old one is better-more clear somehow :?

:twisted:

groovy
04.04.2003, 19:53
I've decided like the new one!
Apparently I'm the only one... :?

dyl
04.04.2003, 22:52
I prefer the old one. This new one looks ok (great in fact) when just looking at the main page or the main page of each forum, but when I go and look at the messages, all the different colours from the avatars and smilies don't help at all.

I hope that makes sense! So it's a no from me I'm afraid!

TheMusicMan
04.04.2003, 22:59
Hi All

Just to reiterate... I have no intention of changing the current format/layout of tMP, moreover offering an alternative style to those who might prefer a change... the current default style will remain the default style, and of any new styles that people like - these will be available on a personal choice basis. I will provide options as to which style you prefer ... it's very much a user choice, not an Admin mandate ... :lol:

No panic...!

manx_yessir
04.04.2003, 23:01
I think it's kinda funky! Why don't you give it a try for a week or so to give people to get more used to it?

Sorry if that's not what everyone wants :? Just an idea :hammer

TheMusicMan
04.04.2003, 23:06
I think it's kinda funky! Why don't you give it a try for a week or so to give people to get more used to it?

Sorry if that's not what everyone wants :? Just an idea :hammer

Hi manx_yessir - as I mention above, it's completley a user choice as to which style is displayed on their machines. The usual style will ALWAYS be available as the default. It will be up to individuals to change the style should they wish to.

manx_yessir
04.04.2003, 23:20
Thanx Music Man....I think I've had too many :guiness so wasn't paying proper attention :roll:

Oh well back to the beer..... :D

Keppler
04.04.2003, 23:39
My own personal thought is that.. em.. I don't like it.

Seems to distract attention from the literary meanderings of our wonderful members, and the buttons don't seem to give the same information as easily.

Choice is good. That style is bad.. ;)

twigglet
04.04.2003, 23:53
aarrrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!! music man whatever we have done to you please forgive us! Nice idea, but its a bit harsh, grey and unfriendly!

For someone browsing the internet who just happens to stumble accross the site i think the current format would definately make me want to look some more and the zonesilver one would make me look elsewhere!

:D

TheMusicMan
04.04.2003, 23:56
*tMM begins to get the message* :) :) :)

*tMM apologises for putting tMP members through this* :D :D :D

*tMM will remove choices 1st thing in the morning* :lol: :lol: :lol:

twigglet
04.04.2003, 23:58
*tMM is forgiven! :lol:*

Roger Thorne
05.04.2003, 00:03
*tMM begins to get the message* :) :) :)

*tMM apologises for putting tMP members through this* :D :D :D

*tMM will remove choices 1st thing in the morning* :lol: :lol: :lol:

*tMM will not open any more bottles of wine and just tootle off to bed - good night (hic!)* :cry: :cry: :cry:

TheMusicMan
05.04.2003, 00:06
*tMM bows humbly in twigletts prescence* :D :D

*tMM graciously accepts forgiveness* 8) 8)

*tMM agrees with RT... * ... nite nite... :wink:

dyl
05.04.2003, 00:08
*tMM will not open any more bottles of wine and just tootle off to bed - good night (hic!)* :cry: :cry: :cry:

tMM will have a blinding hangover in the morning!

Roger Thorne
05.04.2003, 00:10
LMAO! :lol: :lol:

twigglet
05.04.2003, 00:13
LMAO??!! am i really stupid by not having a clue what that means!

Music man all is forgotten, we'll all wake up in the morning and pretend this disturbing experience never happened. The mouthpiece can return to normallity once more

.........and if you do have a hangover, i swear by vegetable chilli!

TheMusicMan
05.04.2003, 00:15
Laughing My **** Off :lol: :lol:

Keppler
05.04.2003, 00:15
vegetable chilli?!! First thing in the morning?!!
I think I'd swear on that too!

Roger Thorne
05.04.2003, 00:17
Laughing My **** Off :lol: :lol:

I thought you'd gone to bed!

:wink:

TheMusicMan
05.04.2003, 00:21
Why on earth would I do that when I'm having so much fun here Roger... :lol: Haven't laughed so much through "online shinanigins" for ages... just the tonic this is...

Roger Thorne
05.04.2003, 00:43
Just the tonic. That sounds ominous! Have you opened the Gordon's.

neiltwist
05.04.2003, 00:45
some people may like, it, but no-one has to have it on, just try a few. if nobody likes them, you can remove them!

Roger Thorne
05.04.2003, 00:53
some people may like, it, but no-one has to have it on, just try a few. if nobody likes them, you can remove them!

just try a few! . . . Does that relate to the new style format or John's drinking habits.

neiltwist
05.04.2003, 00:57

just try a few! . . . Does that relate to the new style format or John's drinking habits.

that would have been 'just down a few'!

Singapore Northern Lass
05.04.2003, 04:13
:D Personally I prefer the original, more definition of colour for my eyes.

Don't try too many in the next 2 weeks we're off to Australia for our holibobs and you know how I hate to miss out! :grnsm :bounce :guiness

TTFN As my favourite bouncy 'friend' would say!!! :bounce :bounce :bounce

TheMusicMan
05.04.2003, 18:58
OK, I said I'd only do this for a day, so I've removed the other style and have locked this topic...

Many thanks for your feedback folks... I'll be trying another style soon... watch for another poll... :D :D