PDA

View Full Version : COMPOSERS COMPETITION

Roger Thorne
22.03.2003, 08:52
Anyone fancy winning 1,000 for a composition? :lol:

Fodens Richardson announce details of exciting composition competition. Plenty of money up for someone with a good tune in them.

The Fodens Richardson Band announce the launch of the inaugural Richardson Award for composition/arrangement.

The award is an open competition for composers and arrangers of all ages and levels of experience.

This exciting and innovative award is a joint effort between the Fodens Richardson Band and Richardson Developments Ltd. It is designed to encourage new and original compositions or arrangements within the brass band movement. Whilst recognising the wealth of composition and arranging talent that currently exists, the award is also designed to encourage new and upcoming composers and arrangers to submit their work for display in the finest shop window possible in brass bands today.

TWO compositions or arrangements will be chosen to receive this new and exciting award and will each receive 1000. The award winners will be invited to work on their piece with the band, and both chosen pieces will be featured in the concert repetoire of Fodens Richardson band from September 2003 and also broadcast on BBC radio by September 2004.

Please submit your entry by 4th July 2003.

For full details of The Richardson Award, please contact:

Alan Wycherley :
19 Peveril Mews
Newtown,
Disley,
Cheshire
SK12 2RN

Or e-mail Alan at: Prufung2@aol.com
Malcolm Brew at: malcolm.brew@dial.pipex.com
Or visit the Fodens website at http://www.fodensband.co.uk/

Winning entries to be announced in Brass Band World, British Bandsman, The Foden website and on 4Bars Rest by Saturday 6th September 2003.

HBB
22.03.2003, 18:02
Thank you Roger,

Ive been trying to fdind something like this, and I culd do with 1000, shame I won't get it though!!

THe rules are fairly simple:

the piece must be over 5 mins ling, but under 10, and the entry is void if any other band has performed it.

Cheers!

Ben ;)

James McFadyen
22.03.2003, 23:48
thanks for that, Roger, yet anopther excuse to keep me writting!

HBB
01.04.2003, 18:40
The correct link for this website is:

http://www.fodensband.co.uk/

:oops:

Sorry Roger Mate! :D

Roger Thorne
01.04.2003, 23:10
Don't know what you mean Ben . . . The link on my post works perfectly :oops:

HBB
03.04.2003, 18:08
Nice try Roger! :D