PDA

View Full Version : Bass Mouthpieces

frisp
15.03.2003, 10:31
Now that I've got the dog's in mouthpieces I have these sitting around doing nothing:-

Dennis Wick 2L (used a little bit)

Perantucci PT-88 Mega (hardly used)

B&S 18 (never used)-in a nice little velvet bag with some rotor oil

Make me an offer by E-mail if you're interested and I'll send one (or all of them) to you.......but you should be playing an MF3 :P

Darth_Tuba
17.03.2003, 22:36
I have tried the MF mouthpieces and can't see what all the fuss is about... definately not worth the extra cash. I think I'll stick with the mouthpiece that came with my tuba. The best things in life are free...

BOC session over

frisp
18.03.2003, 16:06
Personal choice, isn't it?

What's a BOC session?

Keppler
18.03.2003, 16:09
it's like a biro, but it's been misspelled a bit..

Darth_Tuba
18.03.2003, 16:17
Yes, I agree mouthpieces are a very personal thing... I posted a better account of my opinions on Andy Catt's thread. A BOC is a boring old ****. To BOC is to discuss boring topics such as mouthpieces. I quite like discussing it though. Which makes me a BOC
:D

frisp
18.03.2003, 16:49
I've never really discussed mouthpieces before, and now I'm a BOC!!

Life is tough :?

Could you point me in the direction of the thread you mentioned, I'd be interested in hearing different views ??

Darth_Tuba
19.03.2003, 13:34
I believe you have already posted on that thread! It's in the user reviews section with the little poll on what mouthpieces you use.

frisp
19.03.2003, 18:56
Thanks, wasn't being deliberately stupid :oops:

Aidan
21.03.2003, 11:39
a boc is primarily a noun, although can also be a verb.. ie. to boc the boc. "Pass the boc" is a game enjoyed by the members of many a championship section band after a concert when confronted by a boc who claims to have played lead trumpet with your band in 1754 etc... the idea is to see how many members you can pass him onto without him (or her :O) running out of things to say...

Phil Green
10.04.2003, 13:51
"Pass the boc" is a game enjoyed by the members of many a championship section band after a concert when confronted by a boc who claims to have played lead trumpet with your band in 1754 etc... the idea is to see how many members you can pass him onto without him (or her :O) running out of things to say...

That really is very funny. :D

We get a fair few of these, so often bass players. Now I know what to do with them!

frisp
04.07.2003, 11:05
Now that I've got the dog's in mouthpieces I have these sitting around doing nothing:-

Dennis Wick 2L (used a little bit)

Perantucci PT-88 Mega (hardly used)

B&S 18 (never used)-in a nice little velvet bag with some rotor oil

Make me an offer by E-mail if you're interested and I'll send one (or all of them) to you.......but you should be playing an MF3 :P

Perantucci is gone now :shock: