PDA

View Full Version : Would you support an independant investigation?

The Wherryman
03.04.2012, 07:45
Quote from another thread "If the original poster would like the details of an independant media contact already investigating the way our banding instituition operates, please get in touch.
The contact will deal only with fact."

Does our banding institution need an independant investigation?
If so, of what and who should carry it out?
Would you support a media investigation (independant or otherwise)?
Are you comfortable with an investigation that appears to be in progress, but about which nothing appears to be being said?

Ianroberts
03.04.2012, 08:18
Investigate what ? its a brass band movement not MI 5, Ive never heard of such a ridiculous idea.

The Wherryman
03.04.2012, 08:23
Investigate what ? its a brass band movement not MI 5, Ive never heard of such a ridiculous idea.I've just quoted what another poster has posted. Perhaps that person can fill in more details, as it appears that some sort of investigation is already happening.

jockinafrock
03.04.2012, 08:38
Investigate what ? its a brass band movement not MI 5, Ive never heard of such a ridiculous idea.

:clap:

Ianroberts
03.04.2012, 08:51
I've just quoted what another poster has posted. Perhaps that person can fill in more details, as it appears that some sort of investigation is already happening.

so why are you getting involved in stirring up something that you know nothing about ?

you could call for an investigation into the price of sherbert lemons though, that is an absolute disgrace !!!!!!!!!!

The Wherryman
03.04.2012, 09:19
so why are you getting involved in stirring up something that you know nothing about ?I don't see it as stirring. I politely asked the other poster for more detail about the investigation and investigator, and he politely declined to give any, on the ground that it would split that particular thread. I have now created a thread on which he can reply, if he so desires. It is precisely because I (and it seems, many others) don't know anything about the current 'investigation' that I am seeking more views and information.

Ianroberts
03.04.2012, 09:28
Any news on the sherbert lemons ?

toby hobson
03.04.2012, 09:39
Any news on the sherbert lemons ?

Can you still get Sherbet Lemons? I used to by a 1/4 with my 50p pocket money then eat the lot until the roof of my mouth was bleeding cos the lemon bits were as sharp as a blade!!! Then I moved onto Lemon Bon Bons but they pulled my fillings out. Definitely worthy of investigation!!

Ianroberts
03.04.2012, 09:43
I've just quoted what another poster has posted.

And if I may just quote Winston Churchill for a moment..........

"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room"

P_S_Price
03.04.2012, 12:26
Can you still get Sherbet Lemons? I used to by a 1/4 with my 50p pocket money then eat the lot until the roof of my mouth was bleeding cos the lemon bits were as sharp as a blade!!! Then I moved onto Lemon Bon Bons but they pulled my fillings out. Definitely worthy of investigation!!

I Like Sherbert Vimto's. There are a couple of Great sweetie Stalls in Ashton u Lyne Indoor market.

Can we have an investigation into why the Rochdale Market doesnt have great sweetie stalls?

The Wherryman
03.04.2012, 14:24
And if I may just quote Winston Churchill for a moment..........

"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room"Sorry, I thought you were an organ grinder. My mistake :roll:. I seem to have touched a nerve. If you do find out anything about this media person whose supposed to be conducting an investigation, please let us all know (it's not you, is it?). Meanwhile, I'm off to the sweetie shop.

Bass Trumpet
03.04.2012, 14:55
If this trash (and the original thread) were posted up on Sunday (1st April) I would give it some credit.

Red Elvis
03.04.2012, 15:04
I Like Sherbert Vimto's. There are a couple of Great sweetie Stalls in Ashton u Lyne Indoor market.

Can we have an investigation into why the Rochdale Market doesnt have great sweetie stalls?

I blame Thatcher.

I like pickled eggs me.

Bass Trumpet
03.04.2012, 15:06
I blame Thatcher.

Are you still bitter about when she took your milk away? Let it go, she's not worth it... :D

Ianroberts
03.04.2012, 15:14
I seem to have touched a nerve. If you do find out anything about this media person whose supposed to be conducting an investigation, please let us all know (it's not you, is it?). Meanwhile, I'm off to the sweetie shop.

No its not me (I havent even figured out what the band is yet), and to be honest it looks like you are the only one that's interested, so what about those sherbert lemons ?

P_S_Price
03.04.2012, 15:25
No its not me (I havent even figured out what the band is yet), and to be honest it looks like you are the only one that's interested, so what about those sherbert lemons ?

Pretty sure that the The band is Stone Band, and if you visity their web site, the identity of KateJ is there for all to see.

Forget Lemons - Sherbert Vimtos is where its at

cornyandy
03.04.2012, 15:42
Sherbert Lemons, who wants to get into Dumbledore's office anyway?

kennywenny
03.04.2012, 15:53
I'm sure there is a sweet stall in the Rochdale market ......:D

Ianroberts
03.04.2012, 15:56
Pretty sure that the The band is Stone Band, and if you visity their web site, the identity of KateJ is there for all to see.

Forget Lemons - Sherbert Vimtos is where its at

Well done sherlock

I'll raise you a curly wurly !!

Trombell
03.04.2012, 15:58
I'll raise you a curly wurly !!

How about some bitter sherbet lemons or wine gums!!

cornyandy
03.04.2012, 16:03
Don't you mean "Whine Gums"

Trombell
03.04.2012, 16:04
definitely do!!

Ianroberts
03.04.2012, 16:09
definitely do!!

oooo I see what you did there !

P_S_Price
03.04.2012, 19:50
I'm sure there is a sweet stall in the Rochdale market ......:D

Yes but is it a really good one?

cornyandy
03.04.2012, 19:54
Any one for Fudge the issue

kennywenny
03.04.2012, 19:59
Yes but is it a really good one?

Eeerrrmmm no not really ... There is an olde sweet shop In bury which is cracking .... But that's just my opinion maybe a separate investigation maybe needed :D

P_S_Price
03.04.2012, 20:02
Any one for Fudge the issue

You can Pack that one in.

Im trying to hijack this thread for Sherbert Vimtos.

cornyandy
03.04.2012, 20:30
Don't be toffee nosed about it you know what I mint

Trombell
03.04.2012, 20:38
Don't be toffee nosed about it you know what I mint

Now now cornyandy that just about takes the biscuit!

P_S_Price
03.04.2012, 20:46
Im Sure that there are some Midget Gems amongst this thread.

Butterscotch these rumours about being Toffee Nosed.

Maybe this will get to be a Sticky Thread

cornyandy
03.04.2012, 21:01
It's a case of trying to have your mint cake and eat it. I love to dip dab in and out of a thread like this and can see it being fizz bombed over to the thread games section if some on does not take thier tablet. Ithink this could eb more Truffle than its worth

P_S_Price
03.04.2012, 21:24
:d

Jan H
03.04.2012, 21:41
clearly there can be no serious discussion in this thread